I’m always on the lookout for easy weeknight dinner ideas, and this Instant Pot Chicken Piccata is definitely a winner. The chicken is cooked in minutes and the piccata sauce is so flavorful. Serve it over pasta or rice, or even just with a side of vegetables. This dish is sure to please!
This is a great and easy recipe for homemade Instant Pot Chicken Piccata. One of my favorite meals growing up can now be prepared easily in the Instant Pot.
This is a classical Italian dish that is loaded with flavor and topped off with a lemon and caper sauce. Best of yet, it will take you hardly any time, from start to finish it will take you less than 30 minutes, less time than ordering take out.
What Is Chicken Piccata
The dish known as chicken piccata is a relatively simple one but packs a lot of flavors. Chicken breasts are thinly sliced and sautéed until cooked through. They’re then simmered in a sauce made with white wine, lemon juice, capers, and butter. The end result is a tangy, salty, and creamy dish that’s sure to please. Serve chicken piccata with rice or pasta for a complete meal.
What is Piccata Sauce?
Traditionally Chicken Piccata is floured chicken cutlets, and then they are pan-fried. The real taste and flavor of this dish is the lemon caper sauce, known as chicken piccata.
The chicken is traditionally served with a large covering of lemon and caper sauce, which creates a moist and delicious chicken dish.
It is often served with lemon wedges and additional capers.
Chicken Piccata Pasta Recipe
Looking for an easy and delicious pasta dish? This chicken piccata pasta recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal. It’s quick and simple to make, and the creamy lemon sauce is sure to please your taste buds. Give this recipe a try today!
What Do You Need For Chicken Piccata?
The ingredients for the chicken piccata for the Instant Pot version are identical to the classic way my grandmother made it. Most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry or refrigerator, and can easily be prepared. It’s also a very budget-friendly meal, and my kids love it, it will soon become a great family meal, that you will have on your weekly menu.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- All-Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Lemon Juice
- Cooking Sherry or Whtie Win
- Spices: Basil, Oregano, Salt, and Black Pepper
- Garnish: Lemon Slices
How to Make Pressure Cooker Chicken Piccata
- First coat the chicken breasts with the flour, making sure to shake off any excess flour.
- Turn on your Instant Pot and set it to saute, when the hot light is displayed add your oil. Then brown all of the chicken (you might have to do one batch and then another) on all sides. It’s really important for the dish to get a nice brown.
- Transfer all of the cooked chicken to a plate, and then add your garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, sherry, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the Instant Pot, and add the lid, cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let it naturally release, and then plate the chicken, add the lemons (if you would like them), and spoon the sauce over them. Garnish with capers.
- Optional: In order to thicken the sauce, I removed the chicken and then mixed 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and water in a cup, mixed it well, and then added it to the Instant Pot.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breast?
While this Instant Pot Chicken Piccata is traditionally prepared with either boneless, skinless chicken breast or even chicken tenders.
You can substitute the chicken for boneless and skinless chicken thighs. Pressure cooking time will be the same.
What To Serve With Chicken Piccata
Some of my favorite things to serve would be a great simple plate of noodles, so the pasta soaks up the sauce. Another one of my favorites is Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, as the Marsala gravy is amazing!
Substitutes for Sherry
This dish is traditionally prepared with white wine, but today I prepared this dish with basic classic cooking sherry.
Cooking sherry is typically found in the regular grocery store, where the vinegar is located.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
Some Helpful Products Used In Making This Recipe:
Pin For Later:
Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
- 1 1/2 pound chicken, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces capers
- First, coat the chicken breasts with the flour, making sure to shake off any excess flour.
- Turn on your Instant Pot and set it to saute; add your oil when the hot light is displayed. Then brown all of the chicken (you might have to do one batch and then another) on all sides. It’s really important to the dish to get a nice brown.
- Transfer all of the cooked chicken to a plate, and then add your garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, sherry, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Return the chicken to the Instant Pot, and add the lid. Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let it naturally release, plate the chicken, add the lemons (if you would like them), and spoon the sauce. Garnish with the capers.
- Optional: To thicken the sauce, I removed the chicken, and then I mixed 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and water in a cup, mixed it well, and then added it to the Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot