Best Air Fryer Steak Recipe is an amazing and delicious way to prepare a steak dinner for yourself and your family! There is nothing better than a great steak dinner. (Ok, maybe a steak and surf meal) This is one of the easiest air fryer recipes, and the result is a perfect steak!
Here is a wonderful Air Fryer Steak Recipe that showcases a tender and juicy steak seasoned and air fried. Skip the grill and enjoy an air-fried steak for a change. Pair this steak up with any of your favorite steakhouse sides, including a simple garden salad, for a perfect meal any night of the week.
My family loves a perfect air fryer steak and I have been air frying them for years, and I have come up with one of ht best ways to make a great and juicy steak dinner. So, today I will walk you through how to get the same results in your air fryer.
If you are looking for some more easy Air Fryer Dinner Recipes, here are some of my favorites AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME, EASY AIR FRYER BEEF KABOBS, AIR FRYER TACO CUPS, AIR FRYER ITALIAN DRESSING CHICKEN and AIR FRYER SESAME CHICKEN.
Can You Cook Steak In Air Fryer
Can you cook steak in an air fryer? The answer is yes, but it requires a little bit of extra effort and attention. Unlike with traditional grilling or pan frying, the air fryer may not produce quite as crisp a sear on the outside of the steak. However, it can still achieve a perfect level of doneness without adding excess oils or fats.
The hot air circulating around the steak will produce a tender steak, with little oil. It might be the best way to cook a steak!
Why Cook Steak In The Air Fryer
Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance for cooking all sorts of foods, but did you know that they can also be used to cook a steak?
Why turn on the grill or heat up a skillet when your air fryer can do it with less mess and quicker cook time? Air fryers create a crisp outer crust on steaks without the need for extra oil, resulting in a healthier meal.
Plus, the closed environment of the air fryer helps to seal in juices and flavors, giving you a tastier steak every time. Experiment with different seasonings and marinades to find your perfect steak recipe in the air fryer. So next time you’re craving a juicy cut of beef, don’t hesitate to break out your trusty air fryer for perfectly cooked steak in no time.
Ingredients Needed For A Delicious Steak In Air Fryer
Even if you’re not a huge fan of steak, the air fryer can make it taste delicious. But, in order to make the perfect steak in your air fryer, you need to know which ingredients to use
Remember all of the information is below in the printable recipe card
- Steaks: You can either use rib eye, sirloin steak, New York strip, or another cut.
- Seasonings and Spices; Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Minced Garlic, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Thyme
- Olive Oil
How To Make Easy Air Fryer Steak Recipe
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F | 204 C and place a parchment paper at the bottom of the air fryer.
Wash and pat dry steak, with a paper towel. In a small bowl. Rub the steak with the olive oil, and then in a small bowl, add all of your seasonings, mix well, then rub on your room temperature steak.
Place steak in the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and cook in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes. Turn the steak on the other side and cook for another 4 minutes.
How To Make Compound Butter
Garlic Butter Herbs Mixture. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, thyme, and parsley. Set aside.
When the steaks are ready. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with mashed potato and the butter mixture on the steak.
Pro Tips For Cooking Steaks In The Air Fryer
If you’ve never cooked a steak in an air fryer before, you’re in for a treat. These Pro Tips will ensure your steak is sizzling and succulent every time:
- Room Temperature: For best results start with a room-temperature steak.
- Steak: Choose a great steak, look for a well-marbled steak, You want a good quality steak, which will cook up as a good steak, look for the best cut.
- Season: Season steak well before cooking – the air fryer will enhance the flavors and the added seasoning will ensure an extra delicious crust. You can use Montreal Steak Seasoning, use a dry rub, serve with chimichurri sauce, homemade garlic herb butter, homemade garlic butter, compound butter, or just cook with salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat: Preheat your air fryer for at least five minutes before adding your steak – this will help achieve that perfect char on the outside while keeping the inside tender and juicy.
- Cooking Time: The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your steak, a thinner steak will cook faster than a thicker steak, so check the temperature frequently with a meat thermometer.
- Air Fryer: You can use different brands air fryer for this recipe, but remember that your steak will cook differently for each brand, but I have made this recipe with the Ninja Foodi Grill, PowerXL, Cosori, Instant Pot Vortex, and other air fryers.
How do I know if a steak is done?
Use this simple chart, for best results check the internal temperature of the steak frequently with either a meat thermometer or an instant-read thermometer.
- Rare steaks – Soft textured.
- Medium-rare steaks – Tender and soft but still fleshy.
- Medium steaks – Tender but with some resistance.
- Medium well – Fleshy but with strong resistance.
- Well done, steaks – Firm and hard.
Use a meat thermometer for internal temperature
- Rare – 120-125 F (50 C)
- Medium rare – 130-135 F (55 C)
- Medium – 140-145 F (60 C)
- For Medium well – 150-155 F (65 C)
- Well done – 160 F and above
How to store leftovers
Let leftover steak completely cool down before storing them in an airtight container and in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
How to freeze leftover steak
This recipe is very easy and fast to make. I suggest not freezing it as it will lose its quality. The steak will become chewy.
How to reheat leftover steak in air fryer
Reheat in the air fryer by placing the steak in the pan juice to get moist again. If you don’t have pan juice, make another batch of the butter mixture.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER STEAK FAJITAS
- AIR FRYER PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CALZONES
- EASY AIR FRYER ITALIAN DRESSING CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER PESTO CHICKEN TENDERS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Best Air Fryer Steak Recipe
- 2 steaks, about 7 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Garlic Butter Herbs Mixture:
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F | 204 C and place parchment paper at the bottom. Wash and pat dry steak—season steak with salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, thyme, and olive oil.
- Place steak in the basket and cook in the air fryer for 6 minutes. Turn the steak on the other side and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Garlic Butter Herbs Mixture. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, thyme, and parsley. Set aside.
- When steaks are ready, let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the butter mixture on the steak
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fyer, any type