There’s nothing like a warm and cheesy Italian dish on a cold winter night. But, with busy lives, it can be hard to have the time to cook up something like lasagna. Thankfully, there’s an easy way to get that same delicious taste without all of the fuss – Air Fryer Italian Baked Stuffed Shells!
In just 30 minutes, you can serve yourself and your family a hearty meal filled with amazing flavors. Get ready for lots of cheese-filled goodness because these air fryer stuffed shells will surely become one of your go-to dinner ideas!
Air Fryer Stuffed Shells
Italian stuffed shells are a delicious and hearty pasta dish that is perfect for family dinners, potlucks, or special occasions.
The dish consists of jumbo pasta shells filled with a savory mixture of Italian sausage, ricotta cheese, and herbs, and baked in a rich tomato sauce.
The result is a satisfying and flavorful meal that is sure to please everyone at the table. With its combination of tender pasta, flavorful filling, and tangy tomato sauce, Italian stuffed shells are a classic Italian-American dish that has become a favorite in many households.
Why Make Stuffed Shells In Air Fryer
Cooking stuffed shells in an air fryer has several advantages. First of all, air frying is a healthier alternative to traditional methods like deep-frying or baking, as it requires less oil and helps to retain more nutrients in the food. Additionally, air frying stuffed shells results in a crispy and golden brown exterior, while the filling remains moist and tender.
Air frying is also a faster method of cooking compared to baking in the oven, and can help you save time in the kitchen. Finally, the air fryer is a versatile appliance that can be used to cook a variety of dishes, including appetizers, snacks, and desserts. By using the air fryer to make stuffed shells, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy meal that is easy to prepare and cooks quickly.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Stuffed Shells
Stuffed shells are a classic Italian favorite that has been around for centuries, but with the rise of air fryers recently, making these irresistible stuffed shells is easier than ever. Air Fryer Stuffed Shells combine two unique cooking techniques and take full advantage of all the wonderful flavors this traditional dish has to offer.
Not only will you be able to make delicious stuffed shells in far less time using an air fryer, but you’ll also end up saving money on your grocery bill while still achieving restaurant-quality results. Read on to find out exactly what ingredients are needed and how to craft this savory culinary delight right at home!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Jumbo Pasta Shells, uncooked
- Ricotta Cheese: Whole-fat or low-fat ricotta cheese.
- Mozzarella Shredded: Freshly shredded cheese
- Eggs: Use large room-temperature eggs.
- Pasta Sauce: Use your favorite marinara sauce
- Seasoning and Spices: Parsley and Italian Seasoning
How To Cook Stuffed Shells In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a delicious and easy dinner that the whole family will love? If so, stuffed shells in the air fryer may be just the ticket. This simple yet flavorful dish can be prepared quickly using your favorite brand of jumbo shells, plus some pantry staples like cheese and mushrooms. Not only is it super tasty and simple to make, but with an air fryer, it’s also healthier than making these dishes in the oven or on the stovetop.
Plus, there are plenty of ways to customize this crowd-pleasing meal according to your own preferences or dietary needs! Let’s take a look at how you can make these scrumptious stuffed shells right in your very own kitchen.
Step One: Cook The Pasta Shells
Make the shells are directed on the package.
Step Two: Prepare The Stuffed Shells Filling
Mix the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, parsley, Italian seasonings, and egg in a small mixing bowl.
Step Three: Assemble The Pasta Shells
Spread a layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of your pan. Fill the shells with the ricotta mixture, and place them onto the baking pan. Cover the pasta shells with pasta sauce. Cover the pasta shells with pasta sauce.
Step Four: Cook The Pasta Shells In Air Fryer
Set into the air fryer at 300 degrees F, and set cook time for 10-15 minutes. Bake until the cheese starts melting and the sauce is bubbly.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with fresh herbs and grated Parmesan cheese, and additional pasta sauce.
Here are some pro tips for cooking stuffed shells in an air fryer:
- Use a baking dish or rack: To keep the stuffed shells from sticking to the air fryer basket, use a baking dish or rack that fits inside the basket.
- Cook in batches: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the stuffed shells in batches to avoid overcrowding the basket.
- Check the temperature: To make sure the stuffed shells are cooked through.
- Finish with cheese: Add shredded cheese to the stuffed shells during the last few minutes of cooking to melt and become golden brown.
Following these pro tips, you can cook stuffed shells in your air fryer that are crispy, delicious, and perfectly cooked every time.
Variation Of Stuffed Shells Fillings
There are many variations of stuffed shell fillings that you can use to customize this classic Italian-American dish. Here are a few ideas:
- Spinach and ricotta: This is a classic filling that combines cooked spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Three cheese: This filling combines ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese for a rich and flavorful filling.
- Ground beef and mozzarella: Browned ground beef, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasoning make for a hearty and savory filling.
- Chicken and pesto: Cooked shredded chicken mixed with basil pesto, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese make for a fresh and vibrant filling.
- Mushroom and goat cheese: Sauteed mushrooms mixed with tangy goat cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning make for a rich and earthy filling.
- Lobster and mascarpone: This decadent filling combines cooked lobster meat, mascarpone cheese, garlic, and lemon zest for a luxurious and indulgent stuffed shell.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cook frozen stuffed shells in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen stuffed shells in an air fryer. Simply add them to the basket and cook at 375°F for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Can you reheat stuffed shells in an air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat stuffed shells in an air fryer. Simply add the shells to the basket and cook at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
Can you make stuffed shells ahead of time and air fry them later?
Yes, you can prepare stuffed shells ahead of time and air fry them later. Simply cover and refrigerate the shells until ready to cook, and then follow the cooking instructions as usual.
Can you use different fillings for stuffed shells in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use a variety of fillings for stuffed shells in an air fryer. Some popular options include spinach and ricotta, ground beef and mozzarella, or chicken and pesto.
Do you need to boil the pasta shells before air frying them?
Yes, you do need to boil the pasta shells before air frying them.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe
- Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Easy Air Fryer Focaccia bread
- Air Fryer Sandwich Bread
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fyrer Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Italian Baked Stuffed Shells
- 12 ounces Jumbo Shells, uncooked, raw
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- Make the shells as directed on the package.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, parsley, Italian seasonings, and egg.
- Spread a layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of your pan.
- Fill the shells with the ricotta mixture, and place them onto the baking pan.
- Cover the pasta shells with pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Set into the air fryer at 300 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake until the cheese starts melting and the sauce is bubbly.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan