This is one of my kid’s favorite meals since they were toddlers. And, wherever we went, they would order them. So, now that I am armed with my new air fryer, I thought I would take this for a test. And, see how good I could get them. Now, my problem with making these as good as restaurants, was when I baked them, they came out dry. And, no one likes to eat dry chicken.
These I am glad to report, came out nice and juicy, and my kids ate them up.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
Add flour to a bowl.
Add egg whites to the bowl, and then whisk.
Add Panko to a bowl.
Clean and cut the chicken into tenders.
Coat the chicken in the flour.
Then place the floured chicken into the egg white.
Then coat the floured, egg white dipped chicken tender into the Panko Crumbs.
As you prepare them, place them into your basket.
Then follow the directions and coat them, with EVOO spray. See my recommended product for them.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer-Kid Tested and Approved —Healthy Air Fried Chicken Tenders
These are a perfect combination of healthy and “fried chicken tenders.” My kids absolutely love these. Serve with any dipping sauce, and it will sure to be one of your children’s favorites.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, white
- 1/4 cup flour (any type)
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Start by cutting your chicken, into nugget sized shapes. See picture for illustration.
- Then season your chicken on both sides, with the salt and pepper.
- Then set up three bowls, one will have the flour, the other the egg white (beaten, so it’s frothy) and the last bowl will have the Panko.
- Then dip your chicken into the flour, egg, and then Panko. After you dip it in each, add it to your Air Fryer Basket.
- Before you set the time and temperature, spray the chicken, generously with olive oil spray (See Blog post about what type I use)
- Then set your timer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. When the time is up, flip the chicken and again spray generously, and set for another 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Keywords: frozen chicken tenders in air fryer air fryer chicken tenders air fryer chicken tenders with flour vortex air fryer fried chicken air fryer tyson chicken breast tenderloins trader joes chicken tenders air fryer power air fryer oven frozen chicken tenders air fryer firecracker chicken