This is one of our go-to foods in our house, I used to make a batch in the oven, but now that I have my air fryers, they have taken over the job.
Everyone loves Texas Toast, we always have it during the summer months with our BBQ or for a simple pasta dinner. It goes great with soups in the winter.
We all need quick breakfast ideas especially for parents, with small children (or even teenagers, who might be worse to get out of the house in the morning) since most of us are struggling to get the children out of the home in the morning.
This week, I explored various toast toppings. My son and I went to a different breakfast place yesterday that had a range of toasts on the menu. The extraordinary fact was that these toasts were selling for about $12.95 each, that is right, $13.00 for a piece of toast (ok, sometimes two pieces of toasts) with assorted toppings.
Me being me; I concluded this would turn into my next blog post, what could I top my toast with?
Air fryer toast is awesome plain, it has a nice texture. Even if you are just trying to heat up a piece of bread, English muffins, or bagels, they all come out nice, light and fluffy in the air fryer. This year, I replaced my toast, microwave and the stove with my air fryer.
The key to any good piece of toast is the bread, a plain piece of artisan bread, found at your local supermarket, works well in all of these recipes.
The temperature and time of your toasted bread will depend on the air fryer that you have. Some heat up bread really quickly, they all have different wattages. One of the best things that I tell all new owners of the air fryers, is to put your food in, at a lower temperature and check often. Until you are comfortable using your air fryer, after a while of playing with it, you will get a sense of how long things take to cook. So, I offer my recipes as a general guideline. But, I want you to come comfortable with your air fryer.
Let’s get back to talking about toast. The best part of all of these recipes is that they are guidelines, you will find some recipes that you absolutely love and some that you don‘t. That’s ok, it’s part of cooking. Neither of my kids like the same thing, that would make it too easy for me. But, at the same time, they give me more opportunities to find new recipes for all of you.
These recipes will work with any type of toast, so whether you are making the bread yourself, or picking up a loaf at the grocery store or farmer‘s market.
Here are some other toast recipe, that will make your morning extra special—
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Homemade Caprese Garlic Bread
This is such an easy recipe and it does so well in teh air fryer, the bread gets really nice and crispy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 4 tablespooons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded basil (fresh)
- Start by melting the butter, and then mix in the minced garlic.
- Cut your bread in half, you need to find out what the size is that you can fit into your air fryer pan or basket. And then cut accordingly.
- Spread the garlic and butter mixture on the bread. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Set in your air fryer at 400 degrees for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, check and see if the cheese is melted. Mine was, so I removed. if yours is not, just add a minute and watch it. Cheese turns to not melted to burned very quickly.
- Remove from air fryer.
- Meanwhile, add your balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and heat for about 5 minutes, just enough so that the mixture reduces to about half.
- Cut your tomatoes into thin slices, and place them on top of the bread.
- Shred your basil and sprinkle on top.
- The last step is to drizzle the balsamic reduction on top.
Keywords: caprese bread loaf caprese garlic bread ingredients caprese bread appetizer caprese garlic bread pinterest chicken caprese garlic bread tomato mozzarella bread appetizer tomato garlic bread delish recipes caprese bites