Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta is amazing! It is one of my favorite pasta dishes that you can make in the Instant Pot.
This will soon be one of your favorite Instant Pot Meals, and of course, this is my favorite pasta recipe!
If you have never made Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta, it’s a creamy dish with chicken breast, sliced onions, green pepper, and rotini pasta. The sauce combines your favorite Mexican flavors, including salsa, heavy cream, and fajita seasoning. Top it off with some shredded cheese for a delicious Mexican-inspired pasta dish.
This is also one of my favorite summer dishes since it is a dump meal, which means you add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot, press for a few minutes, and come back and have a delicious and easy meal. Great for any hot summer night.
If you love a hot dish of Chicken Fajitas, this will become one of your favorite dishes. I love the authentic Mexican flavors and how easy this dish is with the Instant Pot’s help.
Suppose you are looking for even easier Instant Pot Pasta Dinners. In that case, some of my favorites are NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI, INSTANT POT PASTA, FETA, AND TOMATOES, and NINJA FOODI BOXED MACARONI AND CHEESE.
Why You’ll Love this Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe
Who doesn’t love fajitas? They’re a classic, comforting dish that the whole family can enjoy. But if you want to take things up a notch and make your fajita game day better, this Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe is right up your alley. With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy creamy pasta with all the flavors of home-style chicken fajitas, like juicy, diced chicken breasts, charred peppers, and onions cooked in delicious Mexican spices. Plus, since it can all be prepared in one pot – your trusty Instant Pot – dinner will be ready in no time! So read on for our delicious recipe and prepare to have dinner on the table before you know it!
- Easy Weeknight Dinner
- Easy Pasta Dish
- Better Than Mexican Restaurant
- I love Mexican Food!
- Pressure Cooking Makes Your Dinner Tonight In Minutes!
- Ingredients Can Be Found At Your Local Grocery Store
- A Great Dish For Perfect Weeknight Meal
- Great Recipe for Gameday, Potlucks, and Holidays
- Cooking Time Is Less Than 5 minutes!
- Easy Dinner!
How to Make Chicken Fajita Pasta in the Instant Pot?
This is a one-pot meal and making it could not be easier.
The key is to use an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or any other Pressure cooker. Since you are adding all of the ingredients to the pot, this is a game-changer. The whole family will love this recipe! If you love my recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas, this will soon be one of your favorite instant pot recipes, will all of the flavors of chicken fajitas!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and satisfying meal that can be whipped up in no time flat, this Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta is exactly what you need! You can have dinner on the table within minutes with just a few ingredients and a pressure cooker. This recipe makes plenty of food to feed the whole family, so leftovers are guaranteed. So get your ingredients ready, and let’s start cooking!
Remember the step-by-step instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, including the nutritional information.
- Chicken Breast: Use boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs
- Red Onion: You can also use yellow onions or sweet onion.
- Green Bell Peppers: You can also use colorful bell peppers, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, or orange bell peppers.
- Chicken Broth: You can also use water
- Rotini Pasta: You can use gluten-free pasta, bow ties, pasta shells, or penne pasta; any type of pasta will work in this recipe.
- Salsa: Use medium salsa for a creamy sauce.
- Heavy Cream: You can also use half and half, almond milk, or coconut milk. The creamy make your creamy pasta dish.
- Vegetable or Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Fajita Seasoning: You can also use cayenne pepper for added spice.
- Shredded Cheese: Use cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese.
One of the keys to this dish is to use short pasta since spaghetti and other long pasta tend to get stuck during pressure cooking. My favorites are penne, fusilli, bow-tie, rigatoni, or plain elbow macaroni.
Another key to this dish is the seasoning mix. Since you only have one seasoning dish in this dish, Fajita seasoning, you can make it yourself or use a packaged one.
I recommend McCormick’s Fajita Seasoning Mix, which has many flavors and is sold in the seasoning aisle or Mexican aisle at your local grocery store.
If you are looking for a foolproof recipe for homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix, I recommend using Sunny’s from Food Network. Lots of flavors and easy to prepare.
How To Cook Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
Step One: Add Your Ingredients To The Bottom Of The Pot
At the bottom of the instant pot, Place the chicken, onion, bell pepper, oil, salsa, garlic, and chicken stock in the Instant Pot. Stir thoroughly. Make sure you remove any fresh veggies stuck to the bottom of the pot so you don’t get a burn notice, so give your pasta a good stir before adding the other ingredients
Step Two: Add Other Ingredients
Pour pasta over stirred ingredients, ensuring pasta is completely submerged; if you need to add a little water, add a bit until the water covers the pasta. . Add the lid and, seal the pressure valve, set the high pressure for 4 minutes. Once finished cooking, do a quick release.
Step Three: Add The Best of The ingredients
Stir in the heavy cream and shredded cheese, and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with your favorite toppings! Cilantro, cream cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chip strips are mine.
Storing Chicken Fajita Pasta
The best way to store any pasta dish is to let it cool to room temperature, then add it to an airtight container.
Place the container into the refrigerator, and use it up within 3-4 days.
Reheating Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
To reheat the pasta, place it into a skillet or a microwave dish and heat it until warmed thoroughly. Be sure to cook over medium-high heat, and add about half a cup of water, to rehydrate the pasta and cream sauce.
You can add some shredded cheese on top to add some extra flavor.
Freezing Pressure Cooker Chicken Fajita Pasta
This is a great make-ahead recipe if you want to freeze it.
To freeze, make as directed, and let cool to room temperature. Place the leftover pasta into a freezer-safe container. And then place it into the freezer. It will last about 2 to 3 months.
To use frozen, place the frozen pasta into the refrigerator the night before you want to use it, and reheat it as stated above.
I always say that you can add any toppings that you like to your favorite Fajita dish; some of my family’s favorites are:
- Diced Tomatoes (Fresh or Canned)
- Sliced Red Onions
- Tortilla Strips
- Corn (Canned or Frozen)
- Sliced Olives
- Sliced Avocados
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Green Onions
- Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- Green Chilies
- Black Beans
How To Make Homemade Taco Seasoning
If you do not have store-bought taco seasoning but want to make this dish, it’s really easy to make and combines pantry spices.
So in a small bowl, mix the following:
- Chili Powder (3 tablespoons)
- Cumin (1 tablespoon)
- Paprika (1 tablespoon)
- Coriander (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Onion Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Chili Flakes (1 tablespoon)
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Copycat Chill’s Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Blackened Chicken Penne
- Instant Pot Suddenly Salad
- Copycat Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Dish
- Instant Pot Shrimp Fajitas
If you loved this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta, check out our recipes, it’s a great way to get dinner on in time, and the cooking time is fantastic! So, the next time you want to cook pasta, remember to reach for your Instant Pot, and skip the large pot! Who doesn’t love cheesy pasta for dinner tonight?
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE–
Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, oil, salsa, garlic, and chicken stock into an instant pot. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour pasta over stirred ingredients making sure pasta is completely submerged.
- Close the lid and seal the pressure valve. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Once finished cooking, release the pressure manually.
- Stir in the heavy cream and shredded cheese.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings! Mine is cilantro, cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chip strip
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot