Air Fryer Lobster Tails is one of the best and easy meals I made in the air fryer. And it was so simple. You will never get a lobster so juicy and so easily made than in the air fryer! Truly Amazing.
They will impress anyone that comes to your house for dinner. They are incredibly easy to the air fryer, and the only tool that you really need, besides your air fryer, is a pair of scissors.
There is only one trick that you need to know before you air fry these lobster tails, and that is how to cut them open. Otherwise, they will not cook. Then season them up with some melted butter and some spices, and you will have a delicious and impressive meal to impress anyone!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER FLOUNDER FISH, AIR FRYER CHORIZO SPICED SHRIMP TOSTADAS, AIR FRYER FISH & CHIPS, and AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP.
Why You Will Love Making Air Fryer Lobster Tails
- They are so easy to make!
- You only need a few ingredients.
- One of the simplest air fryer dishes to make
- Seafood, healthy and delicious!
So, the next time you are at the grocery store, stop by your freezer aisle and pick up a package of frozen lobster tails. You will not be disappointed.
Air Fryer Lobster Tails
- Frozen Lobster Tails (thawed)
- Black Pepper
How To Cook Lobster Tails In The Air Fryer
Start by melting the butter. Once that is melted, cut the lobster with kitchen scissors, right through the tail section. Then with your fingers, break the shell and pull back the shell.
(When it’s all cooked, it looks better than the picture because it’s more easily movable). But be careful, they are really sharp, once you start breaking them.
Brush your lobster tails with butter, add some salt and pepper, then air fry at 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4 minutes, and then add melted butter and air fry for another 2 minutes.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe, For Air Fryer Lobster Tails–
Do You Have To Cut The Lobster Tails Before Air Frying?
Yes, lobster tails need to be cut open so that they are cooked. (This technique is called butterflying)
Either ruse a really sharp knife or a pair of scissors to open the shell. I personally liked using the pair of scissors more because I had great control of the cut, making it much simpler.
Should I Use Frozen or Thawed Lobster Tails?
If you have only frozen lobster tails, that is fine. You can often buy them frozen at any grocery store in the seafood aisle. I used thawed lobster tails because I think they air fry better, but if you use frozen, just add a couple of minutes to the cooking time below.
How Do I Know When My Lobster Is Done?
The color of the lobster changes drastically after it is done cooking. The lobster meat will go from translucence to white when it’s cooked.
Using a meat thermometer, check to see if the temperature is at least 140 degrees F.
How To Serve
You can serve this lots of butter; you can also make a lot of different combinations of butter, some of my favorites are:
- Melted Butter with Lemon Zest
- Melted Butter with Minced Garlic
- Melted Butter with Italian Seasonings
Some Pro Tips
- You do not want to cut all the way through the shell. This is why scissors are perfect for this recipe.
- Add any combination of spices that you want for the butter mixture; I listed a few of my favorites above.
- Suppose you want to use frozen, thaw before preparing. Otherize, you will have a tough time cutting through the lobster.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can broil these for about 10-15 minutes.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftover lobster tails, let them cool to room temperature. Then place them into an airtight container.
Place the container into the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To Reheat Air Fryer Lobster Tails
Add your refrigerated lobster back to the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 300 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Reheat until warmed through. For best results, add some more melted butter on top before you reheat, as it will moisten the lobster meat.
What To Serve Air Fryer Lobster Tails With
I love a traditional New England Seafood feast when I make these, so I usually serve them with traditional fixing, including:
Some Other Great Air Fryer Seafood Recipes-
Some Helpful Products Used Today, In Air Fryer Lobster Tails–
These are so easy, today I used frozen, but you can switch them out for frozen lobster tails, just remember to increase the time.
- 4 lobster tails frozen
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Start by melting the butter, once that is melted, cut the lobster with kitchen scissors, right through the tail section. Then with your fingers, break the shell and pull back the shell.
- But be careful, the shells if very sharp, once you start breaking them.
- Brush your lobster tails with butter, add some salt and pepper, then air fry at 380 degrees for 4 minutes, and then add melted butter, and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with additional butter.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: how to cook frozen lobster tail in air fryer air fryer recipes for lobster tails fried lobster in air fryer whole lobster air fryer how to cook lobster tails in ninja foodi can i cook lobster in my airfryer fried lobster tail air fryer lobster bites