If you love seafood and you’re looking for a flavorful meal, look no further than Air Fryer Hooter’s Buffalo Shrimp! This delicious dish combines panko-breaded shrimp with tangy buffalo sauce to create an easy and mouth-watering dinner.
You don’t need to order takeout or go out for the night to enjoy this classic restaurant favorite – now you can make it in your own home with minimal effort. I’ve put together my foolproof recipe here so everyone can try their hand at recreating this Hooter’s classic. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started on making these delectable, spicy Buffalo shrimp!
What Is Hooters Buffalo Shrimp?
If you love seafood and have a taste for tangy and spicy flavors, then Hooters Buffalo Shrimp is definitely something you should try! A distinctive appetizer created in the early ’80s by the popular restaurant chain, these crispy fried shrimp are served with an unmistakable buffalo sauce that will tantalize your taste buds.
Throughout the years, this signature dish has become one of the customers’ all-time favorites as they continuously come back to indulge their cravings. Let’s explore more about this iconic snack so that you can decide if it’s something worth indulging in next time you’re at Hooters!
Can You Make A Copycat Hooter’s Buffalo Shrimp Recipe In The Air Fryer?
Yes! Are you a fan of Hooters Buffalo Shrimp? If so, you know it’s one of the most popular menu items at the famous American restaurant chain. Who doesn’t love crispy, spicy shrimp and a creamy cool dressing? We thought we’d show you how to make a copycat Hooters Buffalo Shrimp recipe in an air fryer! No need to head down to your nearest place for this deliciousness – whip up a batch at home with little effort or mess. This healthier version will have all the flavors and crunch reminiscent of the original, made right in your kitchen! Read on to learn exactly what ingredients and steps are necessary for producing these tasty morsels that may just become your newest favorite dish.
You can now make these Buffalo Shrimp in your own kitchen! And, of course, cooking the shrimp in the air fryer is amazing! This is the perfect appetizer for game day, game nights, or a quick lunch or dinner!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Hooters Buffalo Shrimp Recipe
Are you in the mood for some savory and spicy seafood? Delicious, crunchy buffalo shrimp is the perfect treat to whip up! Tossing it in an air-fryer creates a tender texture on the inside with a satisfyingly crisp outside. Paired with creamy ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce, your family will be begging for seconds. Keep reading to learn how to make this classic and easy Hooters Buffalo Shrimp using ingredients readily available at most grocery stores!
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Shrimp: You can use any size, large shrimp or medium; I usually purchase raw shrimp that has been deveined, and the tail has been removed.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour for gluten-free, coconut flour, almond flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Seasonings and Spices: Paprika, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, and Kosher Salt
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce: Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and Butter
How To Make Air Fryer Hooters Buffalo Shrimp
Step One: Batter Your Shrimp
Add the flour and seasoning to a small bowl, and mix well. Then coat your shrimp with the flour mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to help the batter stay on the shrimp.
Step Two: Prepare The Delicious Homemade Buffalo Sauce
Add the butter and Frank’s Hot Sauce in a small saucepan, simmer over medium-high heat, and remove after about 3-5 minutes.
Step Three: Air Fry Your Shrimp
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper, set the shrimp in a single layer into the bottom of the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 5-9 minutes, at 390 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Remove the cooked shrimp from the air fryer basket and stoss with the buffalo sauce.
Step Four: Serving
Serve with your favorite blue cheese dressing, celery sticks, and carrot sticks!
- Crowding: Crowding the shrimp is something you should avoid. If your air fryer is too full, it won’t get hot enough, and the shrimp will not cook evenly or adequately.
- Timing: The timing is also crucial when air frying shrimp. Keep an eye on your shrimp and check them regularly to prevent overcooking.
- Seasonings and Spices: Be generous with your seasonings when air frying shrimp! We recommend combining paprika, garlic powder, and salt to get the perfect flavor balance. You can adjust the buffalo sauce for your level of spiciness or add some Worcestershire sauce for a deeper flavor. For a spicy buffalo sauce, add some cayenne pepper or Cajun seasoning.
How To Reheat Shrimp In Air Fryer
Reheating shrimp in an air fryer is a fast and easy way to have lightly cooked, delicious seafood. You can have perfectly cooked shrimp in minutes with just a few simple steps and the correct settings.
Start by preheating your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). This will help ensure that the shrimp cooks through quickly and evenly. Once your air fryer is preheated, add the shrimp to the basket. Close the top and set the cooking time for 3 minutes on medium heat.
After 3 minutes, open up the basket and give the shrimp a flip with tongs or a spatula. This will help ensure even cooking. Close the lid and cook for an additional 3 minutes on medium heat.
What To Serve With Original Hooters Buffalo Shrimp
Hooters Buffalo Shrimp is a delicious and spicy appetizer that pairs perfectly with many dishes. For a complete meal, serve it alongside other classic Hooters favorites like wings, burgers, or sandwiches. Pair the shrimp with fresh salads or crunchy vegetables such as celery or carrots to create a more balanced platter.
A creamy dip like ranch or blue cheese further complements the flavors of the shrimp. To cool down the heat of the shrimp, offer sides with a mild flavor profile, such as potatoes, rice, pasta salads, or coleslaw. No matter what you choose to serve alongside Hooters Buffalo Shrimp, it will surely be a hit at your next gathering!
What’s The Internal Temperature Of Shrimp
Shrimp is a popular seafood dish enjoyed worldwide, but it must be cooked to the correct internal temperature for safe consumption. The ideal internal temperature for cooked shrimp is 145°F (63°C). You should use a food thermometer to determine if your shrimp are adequately cooked. Insert the probe into the thickest part of the shrimp, careful not to touch the bone. If the temperature reaches 145°F (63°C), your shrimp is cooked and can be safely consumed. Be sure to use visual indicators such as color, texture, and smell to ensure that the shrimp is fully cooked before eating it.
Overcooking shrimp will result in a rubbery texture that is unpleasant to eat. If you’re unsure if your shrimp has been cooked enough, it’s always best to err on caution and cook them for a bit longer before serving.
Dipping Sauces To Serve With Hooters Copycat Buffalo Shrimp
For a classic flavor combination, serve Hooters Copycat Buffalo Shrimp with blue cheese dressing. A tasty way to cool down the spicy flavors of this dish is by pairing it with ranch dressing.
For an extra spicy kick, serve the dish with hot sauce. My favorites include serving with sour cream, sliced green onions, or your favorite wing sauce!
How To Store Leftover Shrimp
Cooked shrimp can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. To store them properly, ensure the cooked shrimp are cooled quickly and completely. Place the cooked shrimp in an airtight container or freezer bag, or wrap them tightly with plastic or aluminum foil.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- REHEATING SWEET POTATO AIR FRYER
- Air Fryer Boneless Wings
- Air Fryer Naked Wings
Incorporating an air fryer into your cooking routine is excellent for cooks of all levels. With the help of this versatile kitchen device, home chefs can whip up restaurant-quality meals right in their own kitchens.
The combination of Hooter’s Buffalo Shrimp and an air fryer is no exception, creating the perfect texture and taste with minimal effort! This recipe is not only delicious but incredibly easy to make. For those who have never used an air fryer before, don’t be daunted – even the most beginner chef will get excellent results. Try it today and experience mealtimes like no other!
Air Fryer Hooter’s Buffalo Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp, raw, deveined, tail removed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce,
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- Add the flour and seasoning to a small bowl, and mix well. Then coat your shrimp with the flour mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to help the batter stay on the shrimp.
- Add the butter and Frank's Hot Sauce in a small saucepan, simmer over medium-high heat, and remove after about 3-5 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper, set the shrimp in a single layer into the bottom of the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 5-9 minutes, at 390 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Remove the cooked shrimp from the air fryer basket and stoss with the buffalo sauce.
- Serve with your favorite blue cheese dressing, celery sticks, and carrot sticks!
- Air Fryer