We often hear the phrase “too good to be true,” but with this air fryer miso salmon recipe, that isn’t the case. This is a dish that not only looks impressive to your dinner guests, but it also tastes delicious too!
With simple and easy-to-follow instructions, you wonder why you hadn’t planned on making this sooner. Whether it be an intimate dinner for two or an addition to a larger meal, this flavor-packed protein entree is sure to delight everyone at the table.
Cooking Salmon in Air Fryer
The secret is out! You can now cook one of the healthiest and most delicious fish options, salmon, right in your air fryer. These days, convenience is a must — who doesn’t want to be able to have tasty and healthy meals ready quickly? Now it’s possible with an air fryer.
Air frying salmon has always been difficult due to its delicate nature but no more! Not only does cooking this amazing seafood dish in the air fryer save you time and effort, but it also ensures you achieve a perfectly cooked dinner every time.
What Is Miso
Miso is a versatile, delicious condiment used in Japanese cooking for centuries. It adds incredible depth of flavor to broths, stews, marinades, and dressings – endless possibilities! Not only does it taste great and add interesting layers of umami to your dishes, but it’s also full of natural vitamins and minerals your body needs.
What Is Miso Salmon
If you’re looking for a new way to prepare salmon, one of the tastiest and healthiest proteins, look no further than miso salmon. This simple yet flavorful dish quickly becomes a go-to favorite among seafood lovers. Not only does it taste great, but it also offers plenty of nutritional benefits––like providing high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and large doses of cancer-fighting antioxidants––all while remaining low in calories. Plus, with just two main ingredients (miso paste and wild-caught salmon), this super easy meal can be cooked up in no time!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Miso Salmon
If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy meal ready in fifteen minutes or less, air fryer miso salmon is the perfect answer. This simple dish packs all of the savory flavors of traditional Japanese home cooking into an easy-to-make meal with minimal cleanup required. Miso marinade and an air-fried finish bring out the natural sweetness of fresh salmon fillets to create a wonderfully flavorful Asian-inspired dinner. All you need is a few ingredients plus some seasoning to make this delectable, low-carb entree any night of the week! Read on to find out how to put your amazing version of miso salmon in your kitchen with an air fryer.
- Salmon Fillets: Try to choose fillets about the same size, so they cook simultaneously.
- Miso Paste: Either White (Shiro) or yellow miso
- Soy Sauce: Use regular or gluten-free soy sauce
- Honey or Maple Syrup: Adds some sweetness
- Rice Vinegar: Adds a great tang
- Sriracha: Found in the ethnic aisle of your local grocery store or Asian markets.
- Olive Oil: You can also use coconut oil, sesame oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Garnish: With sesame seeds, fresh herbs, or sliced green onions
How To Make Air Fryer Miso Salmon
Step One: Prepare Miso Sauce
Mix the miso paste, soy sauce, honey (or maple syrup), rice vinegar, and sriracha in a small bowl.
Step Two: Prepare The Salmon
Using paper towels, dry the salmon off. Then place teh salmon into the air fryer basket, and brush the miso sauce over the salmon.
Step Three: Set Temperature and Cooking Time
Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees F, using an air fryer setting. For best results, brush teh salmon frequently as it cooks up.
Step Four: Serving:
Serve with fresh herbs, sesame seeds, or sliced green onions.
How Long To Cook Salmon In The Air Fryer
The average time to cook salmon in the air fryer is 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees F. For the best results, use a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature of the salmon, which should reach 145 degrees F.
What Type of Air fryer Can You Use?
I have made this in an air fryer oven and an air fryer basket model. The recipe will work the same.
You can also make this recipe in the Ninja Foodi. The timing will differ depending on the air fryer you are using. Today we used the Cosori to prepare this recipe.
What To Serve With Air Fried Miso Salmon?
We’ve got a few delicious ideas for you if you’re looking for some great side dishes to go with your air-fried miso salmon. Here are just a few of our top recommendations:
- Air Fryer Mashed Potatoes: These simple and creamy garlic mashed potatoes make the perfect side dish for any meal. They’re quick and easy to prepare and go great with salmon or other fish.
- Air Fryer Asparagus: This delicious side dish is the perfect compliment to any main course, whether it’s your air-fried miso salmon or something else. Try roasting it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and ground garlic.
- Instant Pot Couscous: This flavorful side dish is packed with nutrients and pairs perfectly with salmon or other fish dishes.
Air Fryer Miso Salmon
- 2 6 ounces salmon filets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
Serve With: Fresh Herbs, sliced green onions, or sesame seeds
- Mix the miso paste, soy sauce, honey (or maple syrup), rice vinegar, and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Using paper towels, dry the salmon off. Then place teh salmon into the air fryer basket, and brush the miso sauce over the salmon.
- Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes at 380 degrees F, using an air fryer setting. For best results, brush teh salmon frequently as it cooks up.
- Serve with fresh herbs, sesame seeds, or sliced green onions.
- Air Fryer