Yummy, Mexican Pizza in the air fryer. the perfect recipe for Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe In The Air Fryer is amazing! It is so good you will not believe it until you have a slice.
This has quickly become one of our family’s favorite Copycat Recipes, made with nothing but a few pantry items and a lot of fresh vegetables; you can literally make this any night of the week.
So, if you are a huge fan of Taco Bell, this is one of the best Copycat Recipes, the pizza is crunchy and delicious!
If you do not like the Taco Bell Version, try this one it is so good, you will not believe that you made it, it’s that good!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Copycat Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER COPYCAT KRISPY KREME DONUTS, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOUBLETREE COOKIES, AIR FRYER COPYCAT HOSTESS CUPCAKES, and AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FILET-O-FISH.
What Is Air Fryer Mexican Pizza?
Air Fryer Mexican Pizza is a delicious fusion dish that combines the crispy, indulgent texture of a traditional pizza with the bold and vibrant flavors of Mexican cuisine. This innovative creation features a crispy tortilla base, layered with seasoned ground beef or beans, zesty salsa or enchilada sauce, and topped with a generous amount of cheese. Additional toppings might include diced tomatoes, sliced olives, green onions, and a dollop of sour cream, creating a mouth-watering mosaic of flavors and textures. Cooked to perfection in an air fryer, the tortilla base becomes wonderfully crisp, while the cheese melts into a bubbly, golden layer, encapsulating the rich, savory fillings beneath.
The beauty of Air Fryer Mexican Pizza lies in its versatility and ease of preparation. The air fryer not only speeds up the cooking process but also ensures a healthier version of a beloved treat by minimizing the need for excess oil, commonly associated with deep frying. It’s a fantastic meal option for those seeking a quick, satisfying dish that doesn’t compromise on taste or texture. Whether served as a main course, a shareable appetizer, or a fun weekend treat, Air Fryer Mexican Pizza promises a delightful dining experience that brings a taste of Mexican cuisine right to your kitchen, all with the convenience and efficiency of air frying.
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
Effortless Cooking Process: The air fryer simplifies the cooking process, allowing you to enjoy Mexican pizza with minimal effort and maximum flavor, making it perfect for busy weeknights or impromptu gatherings.
Healthier Than Traditional Methods: Using the air fryer significantly reduces the amount of oil needed, offering a healthier alternative to deep-fried dishes without compromising on the crispy texture and rich flavors.
Crispy Base Every Time: The air fryer guarantees a perfectly crispy tortilla base, providing the ideal crunch that’s essential for a great Mexican pizza, elevating the dish’s texture and taste.
Endlessly Customizable: Cater to all taste preferences by customizing your Mexican pizza with a variety of toppings, from different proteins to an array of vegetables and cheeses, ensuring everyone gets their perfect bite.
Quick and Convenient: Air fryer Mexican pizza comes together quickly, offering a delicious and satisfying meal in a fraction of the time it takes to bake or order out, saving you time and energy.
Less Cleanup: Cooking with an air fryer means less mess in the kitchen, as it contains the splatter and uses fewer dishes, making cleanup a breeze and leaving you more time to enjoy your meal.
Ideal for Social Gatherings: Its shareable size and the ability to make multiple pizzas in succession make air fryer Mexican pizza a hit at parties, family dinners, or any social gathering where tasty, casual food is appreciated.
A Fun Twist on Classic Flavors: This dish puts a creative spin on traditional Mexican and pizza flavors, combining them into one innovative meal that’s sure to delight and surprise your taste buds.
Perfect for Meal Prep: Air fryer Mexican pizza can be prepped ahead of time and cooked when ready to eat, making it an excellent option for meal planning and quick lunches throughout the week.
Engaging Cooking Experience: Making Mexican pizza in the air fryer can be a fun, interactive cooking experience, perfect for getting kids involved in meal preparation or for date nights at home.
These reasons highlight why air fryer Mexican pizza is not just a meal but an enjoyable culinary adventure that’s as fun to make as it is to eat. Its combination of convenience, health benefits, and delicious flavors make it a beloved choice for any occasion.
Easy Taco Bell Copycat Mexican Pizza Recipe
If you have not had this recipe’s version at Taco Bell, it has been discontinued. But there has been talking about returning the loved Mexican Pizza.
Made with ground beef, refried beans, tortillas, and fresh vegetables, served with a smear of sour cream on top and some sliced tomatoes and green onions. It’s all of the Mexican Pizza Flavors in each slice!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
Creating an Air Fryer Mexican Pizza involves combining a variety of vibrant ingredients that come together to deliver a flavorful, satisfying dish. Each component plays a crucial role in building the iconic taste profile that makes this dish so irresistible. Here’s a breakdown of the key ingredients needed to craft your own Mexican pizza masterpiece:
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Seasoned Ground Beef: Cooked and seasoned with a blend of spices like cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder, the ground beef adds a savory depth and heartiness to the pizza.
- Taco Seasoning: Homemade or store-bought.
- Taco Sauce or Enchilada Sauce: Drizzle or spread taco or enchilada sauce over the beef for added moisture and a tangy kick that ties the flavors together.
- Flour or Corn Tortillas: These serve as the base of your Mexican pizza, providing a crispy crust once air-fried. Choose medium-sized tortillas for the best layering effect.
- Refried Beans: Spread a layer of refried beans on the tortilla for a creamy texture and rich flavor. They also help the other toppings stick to the tortilla base.
- Shredded Cheese: A mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese melts beautifully, creating a gooey, stretchy layer essential for any pizza. The cheese also adds a nice color when broiled or air-fried.
- Diced Tomatoes: Sprinkle diced tomatoes on top for a fresh, slightly acidic contrast to the rich and savory flavors of the meat and beans.
- Green Onions: Chopped green onions scattered on top provide a mild, crunchy bite and a pop of color that brightens up the dish.
- Sliced Olives: Black olives add a salty flavor and a visually appealing touch to the final dish, offering little bursts of saltiness
- Sour Cream: Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top or the side for a cool, creamy finish that complements the spicy and savory flavors of the pizza.
- Optional Toppings: Feel free to customize your Mexican pizza with additional toppings like jalapeños, cilantro, or avocado slices for extra texture, flavor, and freshness.
How To Make Mexican Pizza in Air Fryer
Making Mexican Pizza in an air fryer is a quick and delicious way to satisfy your craving for a fusion of Mexican flavors and the comforting texture of pizza. Here’s how to create this tasty dish:
Start by browning your meat; you can do this in the air fryer or a skillet. Today, I chose the skillet. Once the meat is fully brown, add the taco sauce, water, and taco seasoning. Mix well, then return to the burner and simmer for about 4 minutes until everything is warm.
Spray your air fryer tray or basket with cooking spray. Then, place a tortilla down. (If you have a smaller air fryer or a basket air fryer, you can still make this; use the smaller tortillas)
Spread the refried beans on top of the tortilla. Then, spoon on the taco meat. Spread the refried beans and taco meat to cover the entire tortilla. Then, press another tortilla directly on the refried and taco meat to seal it. Spread taco sauce to cover the top shell, then sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
Place in the air fryer basket or oven, and set the temperature to 300 degrees F for 5 minutes, air fryer setting. Garnish with chopped tomatoes, scallions, sour cream, olives, etc.
Air Fryer Mexican Pizza is a versatile dish that can easily be adapted to suit any taste preference or dietary requirement. Here are some delicious recipe variations to inspire your next meal:
- Vegetarian Mexican Pizza: Substitute the ground beef with a mix of black beans, corn, and diced bell peppers for a hearty vegetarian option. Season the mixture with taco spices to keep the flavors vibrant.
- Spicy Chicken Mexican Pizza: Use shredded spicy chicken instead of ground beef for a lighter yet flavorful twist. Marinate chicken breast in chili powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and garlic before cooking and shredding.
- BBQ Beef Mexican Pizza: Combine your seasoned ground beef with BBQ sauce for a smoky, tangy profile. Top with red onions and cilantro for freshness and a pop of color.
- Breakfast Mexican Pizza: Create a breakfast version using scrambled eggs and cooked chorizo as the primary toppings. Add a drizzle of salsa verde and sprinkle with queso fresco for a morning treat.
- Gluten-Free Mexican Pizza: Opt for gluten-free tortillas as the base to make this dish gluten-free. Ensure that all other ingredients, including enchilada sauce and seasonings, are certified gluten-free.
- Seafood Mexican Pizza: For a seafood delight, top your pizza with sautéed shrimp or crab meat seasoned with garlic, lime, and cilantro. A layer of avocado slices beneath the seafood adds creaminess and richness.
- Greek-Style Mexican Pizza: Infuse Mediterranean flavors by topping the pizza with ground lamb seasoned with oregano and mint, crumbled feta cheese, diced cucumbers, and a dollop of tzatziki sauce.
- Triple Cheese Mexican Pizza: For cheese lovers, combine shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack, and pepper jack cheeses for a triple-cheese experience. Add pickled jalapeños for a spicy kick.
- Vegan Mexican Pizza: Use vegan cheese and a meat substitute like lentils or a commercially available vegan ground beef alternative. Top with fresh veggies like tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions.
- Dessert Mexican Pizza: For a sweet twist, spread a thin layer of sweetened cream cheese on the tortilla, then top with sliced strawberries, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a sprinkle of cinnamon before air frying briefly. Finish with a dollop of whipped cream.
These variations on the classic Air Fryer Mexican Pizza demonstrate the dish’s incredible adaptability. Whether you’re in the mood for something spicy, savory, or even sweet, a Mexican pizza variation will satisfy your cravings.
Mastering Air Fryer Mexican Pizza requires a blend of creativity and technique. Here are some pro tips to elevate your Mexican pizza game, ensuring delicious results every time:
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Always start with a preheated air fryer for the crispiest base. This ensures your tortillas start cooking immediately, achieving that perfect crunch.
- Choose Quality Tortillas: Opt for medium to large, sturdy tortillas that can hold the weight of your toppings without tearing. Thinner tortillas may become too crispy or even burn.
- Layer Smartly: Begin with a spread of refried beans on the tortilla, acting as glue for your toppings. This helps keep everything in place, especially when slicing and serving.
- Drain the Meat: If using ground beef or any other meat, ensure it’s well-drained after cooking. Excess grease can make the tortillas soggy and affect the overall texture.
- Control Moisture: Be cautious with wet toppings (like salsa or sauce); too much can lead to a soggy base. Aim for a balance where flavors are bold, but the tortilla stays crisp.
- Balance Your Toppings: Distribute toppings evenly for a consistent taste in every bite. Too much in one area can lead to uneven cooking and a mix of overdone and undercooked spots.
- Cheese as a Sealant: Finish your topping layer with cheese, which melts and seals the ingredients together. Plus, it adds a deliciously gooey texture.
- Rotate Halfway: For even cooking, rotate or flip the pizza halfway through the cooking time. This ensures all sides get equally crispy and cooked.
- Let It Rest: Allow your Mexican pizza to cool for a few minutes after cooking. This resting period helps the cheese set and makes the pizza easier to cut and handle.
- Customize Creatively: Don’t hesitate to experiment with different proteins, cheeses, and veggies. Mexican pizza is incredibly versatile, so tailor it to your taste preferences or dietary needs.
- Serve Immediately: For the best texture and taste, serve the pizza hot out of the air fryer. If you have leftovers, reheat them in the air fryer to bring back the crispness.
By following these pro tips, your Air Fryer Mexican Pizza will not only be a crowd-pleaser but also a testament to your culinary skills, showcasing a perfect blend of flavors and textures that make this dish a standout.
Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas? Yes, you can use corn tortillas for a gluten-free option or for authentic Mexican flavor. However, keep in mind they may crisp up faster than flour tortillas, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
What kind of cheese works best? A blend of shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese melts well and offers great flavor. However, feel free to experiment with other types like mozzarella for a stringier texture or pepper jack for a spicy kick.
How can I make my Mexican pizza spicier? Add diced jalapeños, increase the amount of chili powder in your meat seasoning, or use a spicier enchilada sauce. You can also top the finished pizza with hot sauce or chopped fresh chili peppers.
Can I make this pizza vegetarian? Absolutely. Substitute the ground beef with a plant-based protein, such as cooked lentils, black beans, or a meat substitute. You can also add more vegetables, like bell peppers and onions, for added nutrition and flavor.
Is preheating the air fryer necessary? Preheating ensures that the cooking environment is at the optimal temperature for crisping the tortillas. While not always necessary, it can help achieve a more consistent texture.
How do I prevent the pizza from becoming soggy? Avoid overloading with wet ingredients like salsa or sauce. Also, ensure any meat or vegetable toppings are well-drained of excess moisture before adding them to your pizza.
Can I prepare Mexican pizza in advance? You can assemble the pizza ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook. However, for the best texture, it’s recommended to air fry the pizza just before serving.
How do I store leftovers? Store leftover Mexican pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in the air fryer or oven to restore the crispiness before serving.
Can I add fresh toppings after air frying? Yes, adding fresh toppings like chopped cilantro, diced avocado, or a squeeze of lime juice after air frying can enhance the flavor and add a refreshing contrast to the warm, crispy base.
How long should I cook the pizza in the air fryer? Cooking times can vary based on your air fryer model and the thickness of your toppings, but generally, 5-8 minutes at 375°F (190°C) should be sufficient. Keep an eye on the pizza to avoid burning the edges.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Kung Pao Chicken
- Air Fryer Chinese Buff Crab Casserole
- How To Reheat Apple Pie In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sushi Bowl
- Air Fryer Chines Spare Ribs
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe In The Air Fryer
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces taco sauce, this is for the taco meat, you will use another 8 ounces during the pizza assembling.
- 7 large flour tortillas, substitute for smaller ones, if using a smaller or basket air fryer
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- 3 cups Taco Cheese, or Mexican cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 stalk green onion, sliced
- 1 cup olives
- 1/4 cup sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- Start by browning your meat; you can either do this in the air fryer or a skillet. Today, I chose the skillet.
- Once the meat is fully brown, add the taco sauce, water, and taco seasoning. Mix well, then return to the burner, and simmer for about 4 minutes, until everything is warm.
- Spray your air fryer tray with olive oil. Then place a tortilla down. (If you have a smaller air fryer or a basket air fryer, you can still make this, use the smaller tortillas)
- Spread the refried beans on top of the tortilla.
- Then spoon on the taco meat. Spread both the refried beans and taco meat so they cover the entire tortilla.
- Then place another tortilla directly on the refried and taco meat, pressing to seal it.
- Spread some taco sauce on, covering the top shell, and then sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Place in the air fryer basket or oven, and set the temperature to 300 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, scallions, sour cream, olives, etc.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional