Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp is one of my favorite shrimp dishes, prepared with a rich garlic butter sauce. This shrimp is air-fried to perfection, and it is so good!
I love a great shrimp dish, and with the air fryer, you can make this in under 10 minutes, which makes for a great weeknight meal.
This meal is also KETO and Low-Carb Friendly! Served today with some fresh herbs from my garden, this makes for a healthy meal!
Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp
Experience a seafood feast right at home with our Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe! With its savory combination of sweet, juicy shrimp and rich, aromatic garlic butter, this succulent dish is a culinary delight sure to impress. Made in the air fryer, these shrimp are not only healthier, but they also cook up quicker than traditional methods.
Plus, the high-heat environment of the air fryer seals in the flavors, ensuring that each bite is bursting with delectable taste. Whether preparing a fancy dinner or looking for a simple, protein-packed snack, our Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe is your ticket to a restaurant-quality meal, prepared easily and efficiently in your own kitchen. So, let’s get cooking!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner option full of flavor? Garlic Butter Shrimp cooked in an air fryer is the perfect choice! Not only does this dish come together within minutes, but it also has amazing flavors that pair wonderfully with almost any side.
Below, we will walk you through all the ingredients needed to make this delicious entree and cooking instructions so you can enjoy garlic butter shrimp from your kitchen!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Shrimp: Raw shrimp peeled and deveined. Fresh or frozen can be used, but if using frozen, ensure they’re fully thawed before cooking. Shrimp is the star of this dish, offering a rich source of protein.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is preferred for its robust flavor that permeates the shrimp.
- Butter: Opt for unsalted butter to control the sodium content. Butter adds richness and helps the garlic adhere to the shrimp.
- Lemon Juice: The citrus brightens up the dish and complements the flavor of the shrimp.
- Parsley: This fresh herb adds a pop of color and a light, herby taste.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste. These basic seasonings enhance the natural flavors of the other ingredients.
- Red Pepper Flakes: A pinch (optional). These will add a nice kick if you like a bit of heat.
- Olive Oil Spray: For coating the air fryer basket. It prevents the shrimp from sticking and helps them cook evenly.
How To Make Garlic Butter Shrimp In Air Fryer
Are you looking to make a delicious and healthy meal that the whole family will love? Look no further than this recipe for Garlic Butter Shrimp in an Air Fryer! This dish is packed with flavor and requires minimal effort. Your hard work will result in scrumptious shrimp served with garlic-butter sauce cooked to perfection in just minutes.
Whether you want something quick and easy on busy weeknights or a special dinner for date night, this Garlic Butter Shrimp in an Air Fryer is sure to satisfy everyone’s cravings. Read on to discover how to make it today!
Prep Shrimp: If you’re using frozen shrimp, make sure they are fully thawed. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Prepare Garlic Butter: In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir until well combined.
Coat Shrimp: Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss until they are thoroughly coated in the garlic butter mixture. Allow the shrimp to marinate for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors seep in.
Preheat Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
Arrange Shrimp: Spray the air fryer basket with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the basket, ensuring they do not overlap.
Cook Shrimp: Air fry the shrimp at 400°F (200°C) for 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked. You do not need to flip the shrimp halfway, but you can if you want to ensure even browning.
Serve: Carefully remove the shrimp from the air fryer (they’ll be hot!). Serve immediately, garnished with extra parsley and lemon wedges if desired. Enjoy as a standalone dish with rice, pasta, or a fresh salad.
Here are some professional tips to ensure your Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp comes out perfectly:
- Thaw Properly: If using frozen shrimp, ensure they are fully thawed and patted dry before marinating. Extra moisture can prevent the shrimp from becoming crispy.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating the air fryer ensures even and efficient cooking. Although some models don’t require preheating, it’s usually a good idea for optimal results.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Overlapping or stacking can lead to uneven cooking.
- Quality Ingredients: Use fresh garlic and high-quality butter for the best flavor. Fresh shrimp are ideal, but frozen shrimp can also yield excellent results if properly thawed.
- Cooking Time: Shrimp cook quickly, especially in the air fryer. Be sure not to overcook them, or they can become rubbery. Depending on their size, 5-7 minutes should be enough.
- Marinating Time: While a quick marinate can yield flavorful shrimp, letting them sit in the garlic butter mixture for 10-15 minutes (or even longer) will help maximize flavor.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve the shrimp immediately for the best taste and texture. They can be enjoyed as is or paired with a side dish like rice, pasta, or salad. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice just before serving can also enhance the flavors.
Can I use frozen shrimp?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp. However, you should thoroughly thaw and pat them dry before marinating and cooking.
What type of shrimp is best for this recipe?
Large, raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp are best for this recipe. You can use either fresh or frozen.
Do I need to flip the shrimp while air frying?
No, it’s not necessary to flip the shrimp in the air fryer as the heat circulates evenly around the food. However, if you prefer, you can flip them halfway through for more uniform browning.
Can I stack shrimp in the air fryer?
No, it’s best to arrange shrimp in a single layer for even cooking. Overcrowding or stacking can lead to unevenly cooked shrimp.
How do I know when the shrimp are done?
Shrimp cook very quickly, especially in an air fryer. They are done when they turn pink and opaque. A general guideline is 5-7 minutes at 400°F (200°C), but it could vary based on your specific air fryer and the size of the shrimp.
How long can I marinate the shrimp?
Marinating the shrimp for 10-15 minutes should be sufficient for this recipe. However, you can marinate them for longer for more flavor; be sure not to leave them in the acidic (lemon juice) marinade for too long, as it can start to cook the shrimp.
Can I reheat leftover garlic butter shrimp in the air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat the shrimp in the air fryer. Spread them out in the basket and heat them at 350°F (175°C) for 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them, as shrimp can become rubbery if reheated too long.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER 2-INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE
- BEST AIR FRYER MUG CAKE RECIPES FOR A SUPER EASY TREAT
- AIR FRYER LEMON MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER M&M MUG COOKIE
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Olive oil spray
- Prep Shrimp: If you're using frozen shrimp, make sure they are fully thawed. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Prepare Garlic Butter: In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Stir until well combined.
- Coat Shrimp: Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss until they are thoroughly coated in the garlic butter mixture. Allow the shrimp to marinate for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors seep in.
- Preheat Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange Shrimp: Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil to prevent sticking. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the basket, making sure they do not overlap.
- Cook Shrimp: Air fry the shrimp at 400 degrees F (200°C) for 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. You do not need to flip the shrimp halfway, but you can if you want to ensure even browning.
- Serve: Carefully remove the shrimp from the air fryer (they'll be hot!). Serve immediately, garnished with extra parsley and lemon wedges if desired. Enjoy as a standalone dish or with a side of rice, pasta, or a fresh salad.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional