It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out.
Technically zucchini is a squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
To store zucchini:
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
This is a recipe that my mother made when we were children, it was truly the only way, I would eat zucchini, I love it, it’s a wonderful childhood memory, that I was able to pass down to my own children. I hope you and yours enjoy it, as much as I did.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–Print
This is a really easy way to make air fried zucchini, with a touch of flavor. Feel free to add spices, to suit your own needs.
- 2 zucchini
- olive oil
- garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Start by slicing the zucchini into about 1/2 inch pieces. Dispose of the ends.
- Then place the zucchini slices on a greased air fryer tray in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the zucchini with olive oil, sprinkle, the salt, pepper and garlic powder on top of the zucchini.
- Set the tray in and (or place the basket in)
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, flip the zucchini and air fry for another 5 minutes.
Keywords: healthy air fryer zucchini chips air fryer zucchini no breading air fryer zucchini chips keto air fryer zucchini chips no breading air fryer zucchini fries keto weight watchers air fryer zucchini fries air fryer zucchini keto air fryer zucchini chips vegan