Ninja Woodfire Grilled Zucchini — Zucchini is one of those versatile vegetables that can be prepared in many different ways. Whether stir-frying, baking, steaming, or grilling, there’s no wrong way to enjoy this fresh and flavorful veggie!
Today we’re kicking things up with a unique twist on zucchini preparation – Ninja Woodfire Grilled Zucchini!
What Is The Ninja Woodfire Grill?
Are you a frequent griller looking to step up your game with something new and exciting? Meet the Ninja Woodfire Grill – the ultimate backyard cooking experience combining traditional wood-fired flavor with modern convenience.
It’s designed to give you restaurant-quality dishes in less time than it would take when using other grill types, all while adding an incredible smoky aroma and taste! Not only can you enjoy some scrumptious BBQ from your very own grill, but you also get customizable heat control so that you can create just the right flavor combos every single time. Get ready for deliciousness at lightning speed; let’s explore how this amazing stovetop grill functions!
Can You Grill Zucchini?
Yes, you can definitely grill zucchini, and it’s actually a very popular method of preparing this vegetable. Grilling gives the zucchini a wonderful smoky flavor, and the high heat helps caramelize the vegetable’s natural sugars, enhancing its sweetness.
Ingredients Needed For Ninja Woodfire Grilled Zucchini
Ninja Woodfire Grilling has become a common way of cooking scrumptious meals in the comfort of your own backyard. With so many options available for grilling, why not try something new? Today we are focusing on one amazing dish – Ninja Woodfire grilled zucchini.
This is the ultimate combination of fresh flavors and textures that will surely delight all who partake. Prepare for an impeccable flavor explosion as you prepare this mouthwatering meal with just a few simple ingredients!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Zucchinis (medium): Zucchinis are the star ingredient of this recipe. You want them fresh and firm to the touch. Zucchini has a mild flavor that pairs well with various seasonings, and its texture holds up well to grilling.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil coats the zucchini before grilling lightly. This helps to prevent it from sticking to the grill grates and adds a nice flavor.
- Kosher Salt: Enhances the natural flavors of the zucchini. You can adjust this to taste.
- Black Pepper: Adds a bit of heat to the zucchini. Again, adjust this to your preference.
- Optional – Herbs and Spices: Feel free to add other seasonings to customize the flavor of your zucchini. Garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, or crushed red pepper flakes can all work well.
- Optional – Parmesan Cheese: After grilling, sprinkle your zucchini with parmesan cheese for an added flavor boost. This is optional but highly recommended if you’re a cheese lover.
How To Cook Zucchini On Ninja Woodfire Grill
Look no further if you’ve been wondering how to cook zucchini on a Ninja Woodfire Grill. Cooking zucchini on this unique grill takes some finesse, but with a few simple steps and tricks, you can create delectable vegetable dishes that turn heads at the dinner table!
Step One: Prepare The Ninja Woodfire Grill and Zucchini
Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill by selecting the GRILL setting and setting the temperature to medium. While the grill is preheating, wash the zucchinis and cut off the ends. Slice the zucchinis lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil on both sides. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any additional herbs or spices if you’re using them.
Step Two: Add Zucchini Slices To the Ninja Woodfire Grill
Once the grill is preheated, arrange the zucchini slices on the grill plate. Close the grill and let the zucchini cook for 3-4 minutes. Open the grill and flip the zucchini slices over. Close the grill again and let the other side cook for 3-4 minutes.
Check the zucchini for doneness. The slices should be tender and have nice grill marks. If they’re not done to your liking, you can continue grilling for another 1-2 minutes.
Step Three: Serving
Once the zucchini is done, remove it from the grill using a spatula. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese while the zucchini is still hot. Let the grilled zucchini cool for a few minutes before serving.
Pro Tips For Cooking Zucchini On Ninja Woodfire Grill
Here are some pro tips for cooking zucchini on the Ninja Woodfire Grill or any other similar outdoor grill:
- Slice Evenly: When preparing your zucchini, make sure to cut even slices. This ensures that all pieces will cook at the same rate and be done simultaneously.
- Oil It Up: Lightly brush your zucchini slices with oil before grilling. This will add flavor and prevent the zucchini from sticking to the grill.
- Preheat Your Grill: Always preheat your grill before cooking. A properly heated grill will provide a nice sear and keep the zucchini from sticking.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Leave space between each zucchini slice when you place them on the grill. Overcrowding can lead to steaming instead of grilling.
- Season Well: Don’t forget to season your zucchini before grilling. Simple seasonings like salt and pepper work great, but feel free to experiment with other spices and herbs.
- Keep an Eye on It: Zucchini grills quickly, so keep an eye on it to prevent it from burning. It usually takes just a few minutes per side.
- Use the Right Tools: Use long-handled tongs or a spatula to turn the zucchini. This will help you avoid getting too close to the hot grill.
- Let It Rest: Let the zucchini rest for a few minutes after you remove it from the grill. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in more flavorful zucchini.
Can I use yellow squash instead of zucchini? Yes, you can use yellow squash instead of zucchini. They both have similar textures and cook in a similar manner.
How do I know when the zucchini is done? Grilled zucchini is done when it’s tender and has nice grill marks. It should still have a bit of a bite to it and shouldn’t be mushy.
Can I marinate the zucchini before grilling it? Yes, you can marinate zucchini before grilling. However, because zucchini has a high water content, it’s best to marinate it for a short time (around 30 minutes to an hour).
What other seasonings can I use? Zucchini pairs well with a variety of seasonings, including garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, and even a bit of lemon zest.
Can I grill zucchini ahead of time? Yes, you can grill zucchini ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. However, keep in mind that the texture might not be as crisp as when it’s freshly grilled.
Why is my grilled zucchini soggy? Soggy zucchini can be a result of slicing it too thin, overcooking it, or not preheating the grill properly. To avoid this, make sure to cut your zucchini into thicker slices, monitor it closely during cooking, and always preheat your grill.
Is grilled zucchini healthy? Yes, grilled zucchini is healthy. It’s a good source of vitamins and minerals, and grilling is a method of cooking that doesn’t require a lot of added fat.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Roasted Brussels sprouts: These crispy little gems are a perfect side dish or snack.
- Sweet potato fries: A healthier alternative to traditional French fries, sweet potato fries are just as tasty!
- Air-fried cauliflower: Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be used in many different recipes.
Ninja Woodfire Grilled Zucchini
- 2 meidum zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Optional: Additional herbs and spices, such as garlic powder or Italian seasoning
Optional: 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill by selecting the GRILL setting and setting the temperature to medium.
- While the grill is preheating, wash the zucchinis and cut off the ends. Slice the zucchinis lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil on both sides. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any additional herbs or spices if you're using them.
- Once the grill is preheated, arrange the zucchini slices on the grill plate. Close the grill and let the zucchini cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Open the grill and flip the zucchini slices over. Close the grill again and let the other side cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Check the zucchini for doneness. The slices should be tender and have nice grill marks. If they're not done to your liking, you can continue grilling for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once the zucchini is done, carefully remove it from the grill using a spatula. If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese while the zucchini is still hot.
- Let the grilled zucchini cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Ninja Woodfire Grill