Now that it is June, it’s summertime, and it is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out. Zucchini is a great summer squash, it is extremely versatile and can be baked, fried, shredded, noodled.
Technically zucchini is a summer squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes, look for an even green color throughout.
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
- You are looking for a zucchini that is firm and feels rather heavy.
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
How To Prepare Zucchini:
Always wash the zucchini before you are going to be preparing it. Cut off both ends of the squash, as both are stems, and not edible. Zucchini is usually not peeled. You can cut it into pieces, chunks, shred or prepare it for stuffing, just hollow out the zucchini and stuff it with all sorts of yummies.
Health Benefits of Eating Zucchini:
Here are some other Zucchini Recipes,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Crispy Air Fried Zucchini Fries
This is a really healthy alternative to traditional french fries, they still get a crunch, which makes it a satisfying side dish, to go with any meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetabl
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated cheese
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Start by cutting your zucchini into fries, start by slicing the zucchini in half, and then in half again, and continue until you have zucchini fries.
- In one bowl, crack the eggs,
- In another bowl mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Dip your zucchini fries into the eggs, and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- As you coat them, place them into the air fryer basket. Once you have a full basket (do not overcrowd) spray them with olive oil spray.
- Set your time to 7 minutes and your temperature to 370 degrees F. After 7 minutes, flip and spray again, Set your timer for another 7 minutes.
- Check and make sure they are golden brown. If not add a couple of minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer zucchini fries keto zucchini chips air fryer recipe healthy air fryer zucchini chips air fryer zucchini no breading air fryer zucchini fries no breading air fryer zucchini chips keto air fryer zucchini chips no breading zucchini air fryer keto