This Air Fryer Zucchini Fries Recipe is crispy, flavorful, and the perfect appetizer or snack. Air fried zucchini sticks are made with simple ingredients but have big flavor!
Zucchini Fries In The Air Fryer
Even beginners can make these delicious and healthy air fried zucchini sticks with ease. Zucchini is an excellent vegetable to air fry because it’s low in calories and has a mild flavor that pairs well with many seasonings. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Today, I used a batch of zucchini and cut them up into a french fry shape, added a simple batter, and air fried them. When you air fry zucchini sticks they turn out super crispy without tons of oil.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CHEDDAR SAVORY MUFFINS, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CRISPS, AIR FRYER PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FOIL PACKETS, and AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI PIZZA BOATS.
Why You’ll Love To Air Fry Zucchini Sticks
- So much better than traditional French Fries
- Even kids will eat them
- Only 7 ingredients
What Are Zucchini Fries?
Zucchini fries are just what they sound like, zucchini shaped into french fry shapes. Today, I used a simple batter of bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and spices. So, you get crispy air fryer zucchini fries.
Plus, zucchini fries are a delicious way to get your family to eat more vegetables. They’re also an easy, healthy alternative for when you want to indulge in something fried but don’t feel like actually frying anything up!
These zucchini fries in the air fryer are cooked with just a touch of oil and salt. This makes them perfect for anyone looking to maintain their diet while still enjoying their favorite foods. The recipe is super easy, too – it takes only about 15 minutes from start to finish!
Ingredients Needed For Zucchini Fries In The Air Fryer
- Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Step 1: Prep zucchini
Start by cutting your zucchini into fries; start by slicing the zucchini in half, then in half again, and continue until you have zucchini fries.
Step 2: Make batter
In one bowl, crack the eggs, and whisk with a fork. Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in another bowl in the other bowl.
Step 3: Dip zucchini into batter
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Dip your zucchini fries into the eggs and then into the bread crumb mixture.
Step 4: Air fry zucchini sticks
As you coat them, place them into the air fryer basket. Once you have a full basket (do not overcrowd), spray them with cooking spray.
Set your time to 7 minutes and your temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting. After 7 minutes, flip and spray again. Set your timer for another 7 minutes.
Check and make sure they are golden brown. If not, add a couple of minutes.
Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Spray your basket with cooking oil so that the batter does not stick.
- If you have a hard time with the zucchini fry coating coming off, use a piece of parchment paper to keep it from sticking to the basket.
- Try to cut your zucchini into approximately equal-sized portions, so they all cook up at the same time. Otherwise, they will get done at different times.
- Remember, each air fryer cooks somewhat differently, so watch the zucchini fries as they cook up for the best results.
Do You Peel Zucchini For Zucchini Fries
No, you do not have to peel them. As they are air-fried, the skin becomes soft and tender. So, save yourself an extra step and skip the peeling.
But, if you are so inclined to peel the zucchini, go right ahead. You will not ruin the dish.
How Long Do You Cook Zucchini Fries In Air Fryer?
Depending on how thick your zucchini fries are, they will take between 10 to 15 minutes.
Remember to flip them halfway during the cooking process so both sides get evenly cooked.
Can I Make This Recipe In My Instant Pot Duo Crisp
Yes, you can easily make this zucchini fries air fryer recipe in any air fryer, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Duo Crisp, any air fryer basket model, and air fryer oven.
Note: The time might change by a couple of minutes, so for best results, check on your air fryer zucchini fries frequently.
What To Dip Zucchini Fries In
I usually serve this air fried zucchini sticks with a homemade ranch dressing. Here are some of my other favorites:
Some Other Great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes–
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cutting your zucchini into fries, start by slicing the zucchini in half, then in half again, and continue until you have zucchini fries.
- In one bowl, crack the eggs, use a fork to whisk the eggs.
- In another bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Dip your zucchini fries into the eggs and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- As you coat them, place them into the air fryer basket. Once you have a full basket (do not overcrowd), spray them with olive oil spray or cooking spray.
- Set your time to 7 minutes and your temperature to 370 degrees F. air fryer setting. After 7 minutes, flip and spray again. Set your timer for another 7 minutes
- Check and make sure they are golden brown. If not, add a couple of minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer