This is one of the easiest and healthiest recipes you will make in your air fryer. It’s is a perfect side dish for any meal, since it’s low-carb. With a little seasoning, it makes for a quick vegetable, for those busy days.
Cauliflower has gained popularity in the past few years, now if you head to any produce market, you can find cauliflower in a variety of ways, including cauliflower rice and cauliflower mashed potatoes, the possibilities are endless. I have not made that as yet, but it is on my growing list of recipes, I want to try in the air fryer.
Let’s talk about cauliflower since many of us know very little about it.
- Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, meaning that it is in the same family as arugula, broccoli, cabbage, broccoli rabe, bok choy, kale, collard greens, and Brussels sprouts
- The cruciferous family of vegetables has been more popular in recent years because scientists found that they hold cancer-fighting properties.
- Cauliflower has a lot of fiber, over 9 grams of fiber, but at the same time very low in calories.
- Should be dense, the heavier the better.
- Leaves on fresh cauliflower are dark and green
- Florets should be tight
- No dark spots on the cauliflower, this shows that it is old, and should be avoided.
- The cauliflower’s stem should be white with no dark patches
Roasting cauliflower really brings out a nice nutty taste. Adding a variety of spices really can change this bland vegetable into the star of your next meal.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
A very healthy alternative to rice, you almost get a grilled flavor. I added in the diced red pepper, for some crunch, but it can clearly be done without any.
- 16 ounces fresh cauliflower (found in produce department) rice
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- olive oil spray
Spray your tray or basket with olive oil
Then spread the cauliflower rice over the tray.
Set the basket or tray in the air fryer, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, for 5 minutes, but you need to keep on stirring/shaking the rice so it doesn't burn about every 2 minutes.
When there are 3 minutes left, add the diced red peppers and mix well.
Check for doneness, and then plate, serve and enjoy!