Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower you looking for a way to make your lunchtime meals healthier and easier? Look no further! Making frozen cauliflower in an air fryer is the perfect solution to delicious, crunchy vegetables without turning on your oven.
This simple process will leave you with amazingly tender florets of crisp roasted cauliflower that are packed with flavor in under 20 minutes. Not only is it healthy and flavorful, but this method also eliminates any messy cleanup from baking or roasting in the oven! Read further to get step-by-step instructions on how you can prepare flavorful frozen cauliflower using an air fryer.
The Best Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and healthy side dish or snack, frozen cauliflower cooked in an air fryer is the perfect option; this perfect side dish is a game changer. Air frying lets you achieve a crispy and flavorful exterior while keeping the cauliflower tender inside.
Below, we’ll share a simple and satisfying recipe for air fryer frozen cauliflower that will have you returning for seconds. If you are a cauliflower lover or an air fryer lover, you will soon fall in love with this easy cooking method to cook the perfect side dish!
Why Cook Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Convenience: Frozen cauliflower is readily available in grocery stores, making it a convenient choice for busy individuals or those looking for a quick meal option.
- Healthier Alternative: Air frying requires minimal oil compared to traditional frying methods, resulting in a lighter and healthier dish.
- Versatility: Air fryer frozen cauliflower can be enjoyed as a side dish, used as a base for salads or bowls, or even incorporated into other recipes like cauliflower “rice” or stir-fries.
Ingredients Needed For Frozen Air Fryer Cauliflower
Frozen Air Fryer Cauliflower is one of the tastiest and healthier sides you can make today. This delicious side dish requires only a few ingredients – all of which are easy to find in your local grocery store.
Whether you are looking for something tasty to serve with dinner or just trying out a quick and healthy snack for lunchtime, Frozen Air Fryer Cauliflower has you covered! Below, we will break down each ingredient needed so that you can easily whip up a batch of fluffy golden brown cauliflower florets no matter what kitchen appliances you have at your disposal.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Cauliflower Florets: Use any brand, the brand will determine the size of your cauliflower florets, but the cooking time will not vary by much.
- Oil: Use avocado oil, olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Garlic Powder, Paprika, Kosher Salt
- Optional Seasonings: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, or Parmesan Cheese
How To Cook Frozen Cauliflower In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a fast and flavorful alternative to fresh cauliflower? If the answer is yes, cooking frozen cauliflower in an air fryer may be just the ticket!
It is relatively easy and quick, resulting in a healthier, tastier dish than your typical stovetop or oven. Below, we’ll discuss how to cook frozen cauliflower in an air fryer so that you can easily make scrumptious dishes.
Step One: Preheat The Air Fryer
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C) for 3-4 minutes. This will ensure the cauliflower cooks evenly and achieves a crispy texture.
Step Two: Prepare the Cauliflower
Place the frozen cauliflower florets in a mixing bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and any additional seasonings you prefer. Toss well to coat the florets evenly.
Step Three: Air Fry the Cauliflower
Arrange the seasoned cauliflower florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding to allow proper air circulation. Cook the cauliflower in batches if needed. Air fry the cauliflower at 400°F (200°C) with a cooking time of 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking process. The cauliflower should turn golden brown and become crispy on the outside.
Step Four: Serving
Once the cauliflower is cooked to perfection, remove it from the air fryer and serve immediately. It can be enjoyed as a side dish, dipped in your favorite sauce, or used as a versatile ingredient in various recipes.
Pro Tips For Cooking Frozen Cauliflower In Air Fryer
Here are some recipe tips for making the best batch of frozen cauliflower with simple ingredients.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating the air fryer is essential to ensure that the cauliflower cooks evenly and becomes crispy. Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the cauliflower.
- Shake or Toss the Cauliflower: Shake or toss the cauliflower halfway through the cooking process. This helps promote even browning and ensures that all sides of the cauliflower become crispy.
- Use a Light Coating of Oil: When the cauliflower is frozen, lightly coat it before seasoning. This helps the seasoning stick to the cauliflower and promotes a crispier texture.
- Space Out the Cauliflower: Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring enough space between the florets. This allows for proper air circulation and ensures that each floret cooks evenly.
- Season to Taste: Feel free to experiment with different seasonings to enhance the cauliflower flavor. Garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or Italian herbs are popular options. Adjust the amount of seasoning based on your taste preferences.
- Keep an Eye on Cooking Time: Cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the cauliflower florets and the specific air fryer model. Monitor the cooking process closely to avoid overcooking or burning.
- Spritz with Water (optional): If you find that the cauliflower is drying out during the cooking process, you can spritz it with a small amount of water using a spray bottle. This helps to keep the cauliflower moist and prevents it from becoming too dry.
- Serve Immediately: For the best texture and flavor, serve the air-fried cauliflower immediately after cooking. This ensures it remains crispy on the outside while still tender on the inside.
How To Serve Frozen Cauliflower
Frozen cauliflower can be served in various ways, depending on your preferences and the desired outcome. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Side Dish: Serve the cooked frozen cauliflower as a simple and nutritious side dish. Sprinkle it with a pinch of salt, pepper, or your favorite seasoning for added flavor. Pair it with grilled chicken, roasted salmon, or your protein of choice for a balanced meal.
- Salad Topping: Add the cooked frozen cauliflower to your favorite salads for an extra boost of texture and flavor. It works well in green salads, grain salads, or even as a topping for a warm roasted vegetable salad. Drizzle with ranch dressing, creamy blue cheese dressing, or vinaigrette for added taste.
- Veggie Bowl: Create a wholesome and satisfying veggie bowl by combining cooked frozen cauliflower with other roasted vegetables, grains like quinoa or rice, and a protein source such as chickpeas or grilled tofu. Top it off with a delicious sauce or dressing for a complete meal, a great option for making a Buddha Bowl.
- Stir-Fry or Curry: Incorporate the cooked frozen cauliflower into stir-fries or curries for a hearty and nutritious addition. It absorbs flavors well and pairs nicely with other vegetables and aromatic spices. Serve over rice or noodles for a delicious and filling meal.
- Snack or Appetizer: Use the cooked frozen cauliflower as a healthy and flavorful snack. Serve it with a dip such as hummus, tzatziki, or a yogurt-based sauce. You can also sprinkle it with grated Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for an extra savory touch.
- Cauliflower Rice: Process the cooked frozen cauliflower in a food processor or use a grater to create cauliflower rice. Serve it as a low-carb alternative to traditional rice in various dishes such as stir-fries, fried rice or as a base for grain bowls.
- Roasted Cauliflower Bowl: Roast the cooked frozen cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, and your preferred spices. Serve it as a standalone dish or as part of a roasted vegetable bowl. Add a protein source, such as roasted chicken or tofu, and garnish with fresh herbs for a delightful meal.
Remember to adjust the seasonings and accompaniments according to your taste preferences. Frozen cauliflower provides a versatile base for creating nutritious and flavorful dishes. Get creative and enjoy exploring different serving ideas!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to thaw frozen cauliflower before air frying?
You can cook frozen cauliflower directly in the air fryer without thawing. Air fryers are designed to cook frozen foods and heat and cook the cauliflower from frozen. If you do thaw, you will increase the moisture content and end up with soggy cauliflower.
How long do I cook frozen cauliflower in the air fryer?
The cook time can vary depending on the size and thickness of the cauliflower florets and the specific model of your air fryer. As a general guideline, cook the frozen cauliflower in the air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Adjust the cooking time as needed to achieve your desired level of crispiness. Smaller florets will have a shorting cook time than larger cauliflower florets.
Should I add oil to the frozen cauliflower before air frying?
It’s recommended to lightly coat the frozen cauliflower with a small amount of oil before seasoning. This helps the seasoning adhere to the cauliflower and promotes a crispy texture. For a healthy option, you can use an olive oil spray.
Can I use seasoning or spices on the frozen cauliflower?
Absolutely! Adding seasoning or spices to the frozen cauliflower can enhance the flavor. Popular options include garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or Italian herbs. Experiment with different seasonings to find your favorite combination.
Can I cook other frozen vegetables in the air fryer using the same method?
The same method can be applied to other frozen vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or mixed vegetables. Adjust the cooking time based on the specific vegetable and your desired level of crispiness.
How do I know when the frozen cauliflower is done?
The cauliflower is done when it is golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. You can check for doneness by poking a fork or toothpick into the florets. They should be soft and easily pierced.
How to store leftover cauliflower
Let the cauliflower florets cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. The crispy cauliflower will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can I reheat leftover air-fried cauliflower?
Yes, you can reheat leftover air-fried cauliflower. Simply place it back in the air fryer at a lower temperature, around 350°F (175°C), for a few minutes until it is heated through. This will help retain its crispiness.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER MAHI MAHI
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT APPLEBEE’S HONEY GRILLED SALMON
- BEST AIR FRYER SHRIMP RECIPES
- AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHILEAN SEA BASS
Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- 16 ounces cauliflower, frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Optional: additional seasonings of your choice (e.g., cumin, chili powder, or Italian herbs)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C) for 3-4 minutes. This will ensure the cauliflower cooks evenly and achieves a crispy texture.
- Place the frozen cauliflower florets in a mixing bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and any additional seasonings you prefer. Toss well to coat the florets evenly.
- Arrange the seasoned cauliflower florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding to allow proper air circulation. Cook the cauliflower in batches if needed. Air fry the cauliflower at 400°F (200°C) with a cooking time of 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking process. The cauliflower should turn golden brown and become crispy on the outside.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked to perfection, remove it from the air fryer and serve immediately. It can be enjoyed as a side dish, dipped in your favorite sauce, or used as a versatile ingredient in various recipes.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional