Keto Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is among the most delicious and easy keto chicken recipes. This recipe is perfect for you who are looking for a quick and healthy dinner!
This tasty keto dish is made with boneless chicken breasts simmered in tomato sauce, topped with cheese, and baked in the air fryer. It’s delicious, easy to make, and perfect for any time of day!
The Best Keto Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe
If you’re a fan of chicken parmesan, you’ll love this keto air fryer recipe! It’s simple to make and completely delicious. Plus, it’s low-carb and gluten-free, making it perfect for anyone following the keto diet. This recipe is the real deal, and I used my grandmother’s recipe to change out the conventional oven recipe for an air fryer recipe; this makes for easy meals in the air fryer! The only thing that changed is you now use a little oil, and the cooking process is much faster!
If you love traditional chicken parmesan, you will be happy to know that you don’t have to skip chicken parmigiana while following a low-carb diet, this recipe is perfect and happens to be one of my favorite air fryer recipes!
Why You Will Love Low-Carb Chicken Parm
Chicken Parm is one of the most popular dishes on restaurant menus in North America. The combination of crisp breaded chicken, tangy marinara sauce, and melted cheese is delicious.
Most people would never think to make it at home because they don’t know how to make low-carb breading that sticks when fried like traditional breading, or they don’t have time to cook up a batch of marinara. But with our easy and quick recipe, you can enjoy this classic dish any night of the week!
This is a healthy recipe that the whole family will love, and it’s excellent for meal prep! And this recipe will rival any of your favorite Italian restaurants! After all, who doesn’t love a healthier option for a chicken parmesan dinner?
Ingredients Needed For Keto Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish that makes for an incredibly delicious, comforting weeknight dinner. For many people, though, it can also be time-consuming and unhealthy. But with the help of your air fryer and a few keto ingredients you love, you can enjoy this favorite dish in an easy-to-make recipe that’s guilt-free! In today’s post, I’m going to show you exactly how to make Keto Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan with just 7 simple ingredients and minimal effort. You’re just minutes away from serving up crispy chicken parmesan topped with melted cheese and fresh parsley – without turning on your oven!
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information, including the net carbs.
- Chicken: You can use chicken thighs, boneless skinless chicken breasts, chicken cutlets, chicken breasts, or chicken tender
- Egg: Use a large room-temperature egg
- Breading: Optional are pork rinds, keto bread crumbs, almond flour, or coconut flour
- Cheese: Use freshly shredded Mozzarella cheese or Parmesan cheese.
- Seasonings and Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Parsley, and Oregano.
- Pasta Sauce: You can use low-carb homemade marinara sauce or store-bought keto tomato sauce.
- Oil: Use Olive Oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil.
How to Make Keto Chicken Parm In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare The Chicken
Start by using a meat mallet to flatten your chicken. Wrap the piece of chicken in saran wrap tightly, and then flatten your chicken. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F, spray your basket with cooking spray, or brush with olive oil.
Step Two: Prepare Your Dredging Stations
In one small bowl, add the eggs. In a large bowl, add the flour or crushed pork rinds, salt, back pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, and 1/2 of the shredded Parmesan cheese, and mix well.
Step Three:: Bread Your Keto Chicken Parm
Start by dipping your chicken into the egg mixture, then into the pork rind mixture, using your hands to pat the pork rinds into the chicken. As you coat your chicken, place the chicken into a single layer into the air fryer basket. Be careful not to crowd the air fryer basket.
Step Four: Set the Cooking Time
Set the cook time for 8-10 minutes. To help crisp the chicken up, spray the coating with a thin coat of cooking oil. After 10 minutes, spread the marinara sauce on top, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cook for another 5-9 minutes.
Step Five: How To Know When The Chicken is Fully Cooked
Use a meat thermometer, and remove the chicken when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees f and the chicken is golden brown.
Pro Tips For The Best Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious weeknight keto-friendly meal, air fryer chicken parmesan maybe your recipe! Not only does this classic dish take less time to cook, but it can also meet your dietary needs while still being full of flavor. Plus, there are so many variations of air fryer chicken parmesan keto recipes available these days that everyone in the family is sure to find something they love. To help guide you through the process and make sure your creation turns out delicious every single time, we’ve compiled some essential tips on how to get the most out of your air fryer when making this popular dish. Read on to learn all about how to master a perfect batch of keto-friendly chicken parmesan!
- Crowding: For best results, ensure that the hot air has plenty of room to circulate around the chicken; this way, the chicken can crisp up! Do not crowd the air-fryer basket. The size of your air fryer basket will determine how many chicken breasts you can make at one time.
- Timing: Since all air fryers are slightly different, the timing will vary; remember, you can use an instant-read thermometer to tell when your chicken is fully cooked.
- Seasonings: Add some more seasonings; I love using fresh herbs for this recipe, as well as Italian seasoning, garlic salt, or cayenne pepper for some spice.
- Internal Temperature: For best results, use a meat thermometer once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, you can safely remove the chicken. Remember to insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Flying Cheese: If you have been finding that your cheese flies off when you put it into the air fryer, the best thing to do is add the cheese and the delicious tomato sauce on top!
The Best Ground Pork Rinds
Since I have adapted my life to a keto lifestyle, I have been making my own ground pork rinds; there are so many flavors that you can use; some of my favorites are:
You can either use a food processor to grind them up or place them into a large Ziploc Bag and use a rolling pin to flatten them. Ground pork rinds can be substituted for any flour mixture or breadcrumb mixture called for in a recipe and make a great way to coat chicken.
What To Serve With Low-Carb Chicken Parmesan
Looking for a simple, delicious dinner that is both low in carbs and packed with flavor? Look no further than chicken parmesan! Zucchini noodles make the perfect base for this hearty dish, adding a light and fresh touch to the savory flavors of the chicken.
Other easy low-carb options are air fryer broccoli, air fryer cauliflower, or a fresh side salad served over shirataki noodles for a twist.
How To Store Leftover Parmesan Chicken
If you have any leftovers, let the chicken breast cool to room temperature and place them into an airtight container or wrap them tightly in aluminum foil. The parmesan chicken will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
How To Reheat Keto Parm Chicken In Air Fryer
If you love a good, crunchy Parmesan-crusted chicken, you’ll love using your air fryer for reheating. Not only does the air fryer heat up quickly and evenly, but it’s also a great way to bring life back into old leftovers like Keto Parm Chicken. Here is how to reheat chicken parmesan in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F using the air fryer setting.
- Add the chicken breast, and add more of your favorite sauce. This will help keep your juicy chicken breast.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is warmed.
- Add a parmesan cheese layer and cook for another couple of minutes or until the cheese is melted.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Love air frying? Looking for more air fryer recipes for delicious meals, some of my favorites? Check out our Facebook Page and The ForkToSpoon Air Fryer Recipe and Tips for a chance to watch us cook a delicious meal in minutes! And if you loved this recipe for the main dish, remember to leave a star rating!
Keto Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce, sugar free or keto-friendly
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Parmesan or Mozzarella
- Start by using a meat mallet to flatten your chicken. Wrap the piece of chicken in saran wrap tightly, and then flatten your chicken. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F, spray your basket with cooking spray, or brush with olive oil.
- In one small bowl, add the eggs. In a large bowl, add the flour or crushed pork rinds, salt, back pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, and 1/2 of the shredded Parmesan cheese, and mix well.
- Start by dipping your chicken into the egg mixture, then into the pork rind mixture, using your hands to pat the pork rinds into the chicken. As you coat your chicken, place the chicken into a single layer into the air fryer basket. Be careful not to crowd the air fryer basket.
- Set the cook time for 8-10 minutes. To help crisp the chicken up, spray the coating with a thin coat of cooking oil. After 10 minutes, spread the marinara sauce on top, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cook for another 5-9 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer, and remove the chicken when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees f and the chicken is golden brown.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray