Lemon Dill Air Fryer Salmon is a great, perfectly roasted salmon fillet with an amazing lemon, garlic, and dill butter sauce. It makes for a great dinner, perfectly cooked in less than 10 minutes.
Today, I give you the BEST AIR FRYER SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC DILL BUTTER made with a few salmon fillets, marinated, and air-fried up perfectly in the Air Fryer.
Nothing is healthier than a piece of center-cut salmon marinated in savory butter, garlic, and dill sauce, infused with lemon flavor.
Choosing The Best Salmon
If you have never purchased salmon fillets, you should be on the lookout for several things.
Choosing the best salmon fillets, here are some things to look for:
- Look for some salmon fillets that are equal in size so they both cook up simultaneously.
- When you press your salmon fillet, if they are fresh, the salmon should spring back if it remains indented, indicating that it’s older.
- No odor. If it smells fishy, pass on it.
- The color should be bright orange to red with marbling throughout.
Storing Fresh Salmon
There is nothing better than a piece of air-fried fresh salmon. If you purchase it, you should plan on eating it within 2 days.
You should store it in an airtight container until ready to cook. Take it from the paper you brought home and place it into the container.
Ingredients Needed Lemon Dill Air, Fryer Salmon
- Salmon Filets
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Dill
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
How To Make Lemon Dill Air Fryer Salmon
Prepare air fryer and air fryer basket.
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F, setting, or follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent salmon from sticking.
Rinse fresh salmon with cool water, pat completely dry with clean paper towels—lay fish flat, skin side down, on a clean working surface.
Mix well with butter, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Use a pastry brush and apply butter to the salmon liberally, coating thoroughly.
Top salmon with fish and carefully place in prepared air fryer basket with skin side down. Cook in the air fryer for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your air fryer) or until salmon is pink and flakes easily.
Carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and lift the salmon using a spatula.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Salmon:
- If you have salmon fillets with skin on them, place them down into the basket.
- You can also remove the skin from the salmon fillet.
- To tell that salmon is perfectly done, flake your fork. If it flakes easily, it is done cooking.
- Check to make sure that there are no bones in the salmon fillet.
How to Tell if Salmon is Cooked
There is nothing worse than overcooking your salmon. While using a meat thermometer is usually what I recommend for telling if your raw meat or fish is done, the easiest way to tell that salmon is done is to use a fork and see if it flakes.
If the salmon flakes easily, it’s cooked. Remove the fish immediately because cooking salmon longer will make it dry and tasteless.
What to Serve With It
You can serve anything salmon with anything. It is a great dish you can make a salmon salad or serve it with rice, pasta, or a simple garden salad.
Since this recipe is also KETO and low-carb friendly, you can serve it with a kale salad, and it will make a great low-carb meal.
Other Great Salmon Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD
- AIR FRYER SALMON WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- INSTANT POT LEMON SALMON
- AIR FRYER BLACKENED SALMON
- AIR FRYER SALMON PATTIES
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Lemon Dill Air Fryer Salmon
- 2-4 ounces salmon filets , with skin on–center cut if possible.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices lemon
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Prepare air fryer and air fryer basket.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees following manufacturer’s instructions. Spray air fryer basket.
- With vegetable-based cooking spray to prevent salmon from sticking.
- Rinse fresh salmon with cool water, pat completely dry with clean paper towels. Lay fish flat,
- skin side down on a clean working surface.
- Combine butter, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl – mix well.
- Use a pastry brush and apply butter to salmon liberally, coating thoroughly.
- Top salmon with fish and carefully place in prepared air fryer basket with skin side down.
- Cook in an air fryer for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your air fryer) or until salmon is
- pink and flakes easily.
- Carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and lift salmon using a spatula.
- Serve immediately with optional parsley if desired.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional
microwave, air fryer or served cold the next day.