Lemon Dill Air Fryer Salmon is a great perfectly roasted salmon fillet with an amazing lemon, garlic, and dill butter sauce. It makes for a great dinner, perfectly cooked up in less than 10 minutes.
Today, I give you the BEST AIR FRYER SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC DILL BUTTER made with a few salmon fillets and marinated and air fried up perfectly in the Air Fryer.
There is nothing healthier than a great piece of center-cut salmon and marinated in savory butter, garlic, and dill sauce, infused with lemon flavor.
Choosing The Best Salmon
If you have never purchased salmon fillets, you should be on the lookout for several things.
Choosing the best salmon fillets, here are some things to look for:
- Look for some salmon fillets that are equal in size, so they both cook up simultaneously.
- When you press your salmon fillet, if they are fresh, the salmon should spring back if it remains indented that indicates that it’s older.
- No odor. If it smells fishy, pass on it.
- The color should be bright orange to red with marbling throughout.
Storing Fresh Salmon
There is nothing better than a piece of air-fried fresh salmon. If you purchase it, you should plan on eating it within 2 days.
You should store it in an airtight container, until ready to cook. take it out of the paper you brought it home and place into the container.
Ingredients Needed Lemon Dill Air Fryer Salmon
- Salmon Filets
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Dill
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
How To Make Lemon Dill Air Fryer Salmon
Prepare air fryer and air fryer basket.
Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting, or follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent salmon from sticking.
Rinse fresh salmon with cool water, pat completely dry with clean paper towels—lay fish flat, skin side down on the clean working surface.
Combine butter, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl – mix well. Use a pastry brush and apply butter to salmon liberally, coating thoroughly.
Top salmon with fish and carefully place in prepared air fryer basket with skin side down. Cook in the air fryer for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your air fryer) or until salmon is pink and flakes easily.
Carefully remove air fryer basket from air fryer and lift salmon using a spatula.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Salmon:
- If you have salmon fillets with the skin on them, place them down into the basket.
- You can also remove the skin from the salmon fillet.
- The way to tell that salmon is perfectly done is to use your fork and flake it. If it flakes easily, it is done cooking.
- Check to make sure that there are no bones in the salmon fillet.
How to Tell if Salmon is Cooked
There is nothing worse than overcooking your salmon. While using a meat thermometer is usually what I recommend for telling if your raw meat or fish is done, the easiest way to tell that salmon is done is to use a fork and see if it flakes.
If the salmon flakes easily, it’s cooked. Remove the fish immediately. Because cooking salmon longer will make it dry and tasteless.
What to Serve With It
You can serve anything salmon with anything. It really is a great dish that you can make a salmon salad out of, or serve it with side of rice, pasta or a simple garden salad.
Since this recipe is also KETO and low-carb friendly, you can serve it with a kale salad, and it will make a great low-carb meal.
Other Great Salmon Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD
- AIR FRYER SALMON WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- INSTANT POT LEMON SALMON
- AIR FRYER BLACKENED SALMON
- AIR FRYER SALMON PATTIES
- 2 4-ounce to 6-ounce fresh salmon filets with skin on–center cut if possible.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices of lemon,
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Prepare air fryer and air fryer basket.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees following manufacturer’s instructions. Spray air fryer basket.
- With vegetable-based cooking spray to prevent salmon from sticking.
- Rinse fresh salmon with cool water, pat completely dry with clean paper towels. Lay fish flat,
- skin side down on a clean working surface.
- Combine butter, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl – mix well.
- Use a pastry brush and apply butter to salmon liberally, coating thoroughly.
- Top salmon with fish and carefully place in prepared air fryer basket with skin side down.
- Cook in an air fryer for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your air fryer) or until salmon is
pink and flakes easily.
- Carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and lift salmon using a spatula.
- Serve immediately with optional parsley if desired.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Salmon can be stored for up to two days in the refrigerator and can either be reheated in the
microwave, air fryer or served cold the next day.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 19g
Don’t Forget To Pin-