Air Fryer Street Corn Carnitas Flatbread — Nothing says summer like a plate of delicious street corn flavor!
This air fryer carnitas flatbread is the perfect entree for your next cookout. Packed with all the classic Mexican-style street corn flavor, this easy-to-make dish combines savory pork carnitas and melted cheese for an irresistibly delicious experience.
The Best Street Corn Carnitas Flatbread Recipe
Indulge in the delicious combination of flavors and textures with The Best Street Corn Carnitas Flatbread Recipe. This mouthwatering dish features tender carnitas, grilled street corn, and various toppings on a crispy flatbread.
The flatbread is then assembled with a layer of street corn topping, shredded carnitas, and melted cheese. After air frying, the flatbread is garnished with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. The result is a delightful fusion of Mexican-inspired ingredients that will satisfy your taste buds. Whether enjoyed as a main course or appetizer, this Street Corn Carnitas Flatbread will surely be a hit.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Street Corn Carnitas Flatbread
If you’re looking for a delicious meal that is flavorful and fun to make, look no further than air fryer street corn carnitas flatbread!
It includes the classic ingredients of traditional street corn—cilantro, mayo, lime juice, chili powder—and some heartier ingredients like slow-cooked carnitas and cheesy flatbread. With its amazing combination of bold flavors and textures, this dish will surely become a regular addition to your weekly menu rotation! Keep reading to get all the details on how you can make this tasty dinner at home using your air-fryer.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Mexican Roasted Corn
- Shredded Mozzarella: another great option would be freshly grated Coijta cheese
- Pork Carnitas: Store-bought or homemade (air fryer carnitas works well here)
- Naan Bread: Use pita bread, or flatbread bread
- Fresh Cilantro
How To Make Street Corn Carnitas Flatbread In Air Fryer
Nothing can be more delicious than fresh, crunchy flatbreads topped with melted cheese and zesty Mexican street corn carnitas! If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that will tantalize your taste buds, then look no further. This unique flatbread is made in an air fryer within minutes for a great combination of crunchiness and softness.
Not to mention the irresistible flavor of combining homemade Mexican street corn carnitas with these mouth-watering flatbreads – this recipe will have your guests begging for seconds! You won’t regret trying out this tasty dish; let’s start making some amazing Street Corn Carnitas Flatbreads in the Air Fryer!
Step One: Mix The Flatbread Topping
Add the thawed corn, shredded pork carnitas, and cheese in a large mixing bowl, and mix well.
Step Two: Add The Topping To The Flatbread
Add the topping to the flatbread. This recipe will make enough for 2 flatbreads, so I divided the topping in half. Half for each flatbread.
Step Three: Air Fry
Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Add the Flatbread to the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cook the flatbreads in batches. Cook at 330 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has meted.
Step Four: Serving
Serve wtih freshly diced cilantro.
Pro Tips For Making Flatbread Pizzas In Air Fryer
When making flatbread pizzas in an air fryer, consider the following pro tips to achieve perfect results:
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Like any cooking method, preheating the air fryer is essential. Preheating helps ensure even cooking and a crispy crust. Preheat the air fryer to the recommended temperature in your recipe.
- Choose the Right Flatbread: Opt for a sturdy flatbread that can hold well to the toppings and the cooking process. Look for thicker, artisan-style flatbreads or naan bread, as they tend to work best.
- Lightly Toast the Flatbread: Before adding the toppings, lightly toast the flatbread in the air fryer for a few minutes. This helps prevent the crust from becoming soggy as the toppings cook.
- Use a Parchment Paper Liner: To prevent the flatbread from sticking to the air fryer basket, line it with a piece of parchment paper. This makes it easier to remove the pizza once it’s cooked.
- Keep Toppings Balanced: Avoid piling too many toppings on the flatbread, which can weigh it down and lead to uneven cooking. Opt for a balanced amount of sauce, cheese, and toppings to ensure even heating.
- Customize Toppings: One of the great things about flatbread pizzas is that you can customize them to your liking. Experiment with different combinations of sauces, cheeses, vegetables, meats, and seasonings to create your perfect flavor profile.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Air fryers can cook at different speeds, so watch the pizza as it cooks. Check for desired crispness and doneness, and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Let It Rest: Once the flatbread pizza is done, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for 1-2 minutes before slicing and serving. This allows the cheese to set and the flavors to meld together.
- Have Fun with Garnishes: After the pizza is cooked, you can add extra flavor and visual appeal by garnishing it with fresh herbs, drizzles of sauces, or a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
By following these pro tips, you can create delicious and perfectly cooked flatbread pizzas in your air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions Air Fryer Flatbread Pizzas
Can I use any type of flatbread for air fryer pizzas?
Yes, you can use various types of flatbread for air fryer pizzas, including traditional flatbread, naan bread, pita bread, or even tortillas. Choose a sturdy type that can hold up to the toppings and cooking process.
Do I need to flip the flatbread during cooking in the air fryer?
Flipping the flatbread is not necessary unless you prefer a crispier texture on both sides. However, if you do decide to flip, do so carefully to avoid any toppings falling off.
Can I use frozen toppings on air fryer flatbread pizzas?
Yes, you can use frozen toppings on air fryer flatbread pizzas. However, it’s important to thaw and drain them properly before adding them to the pizza to avoid excess moisture.
How do I prevent the toppings from flying off during cooking in the air fryer?
To prevent toppings from flying off, make sure they are evenly distributed and not piled too high. Additionally, pressing them gently into the sauce and cheese can help them adhere better.
Can I use parchment paper or aluminum foil in the air fryer for flatbread pizzas?
Yes, you can use parchment paper or aluminum foil in the air fryer for flatbread pizzas. They can help prevent sticking and make cleanup easier. Just make sure they are cut to fit the size of the air fryer basket and allow for proper air circulation.
How long should I cook the flatbread pizzas in the air fryer?
Cooking times can vary depending on the thickness of the flatbread, the toppings, and the desired level of crispness. Generally, flatbread pizzas cook in the air fryer for about 5-10 minutes at a temperature of around 330°F. It’s important to monitor the pizzas closely to prevent burning.
Can I reheat leftover flatbread pizza in the air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat leftover flatbread pizza in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer and cook the pizza for a few minutes until it’s heated through and the crust becomes crispy again.
Can I freeze the prepared but unbaked flatbread pizzas for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the prepared but unbaked flatbread pizzas. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in airtight containers before freezing. When ready to cook, let them thaw in the refrigerator and then proceed with cooking in the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fyrer Hash Browns
- Easy Air Fryer Corn Fritters Recipe
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Corn Bread
Air Fryer Street Corn Carnitas Flatbread
- 2 Naan Bread
- 10 ounces pork carnitas, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces Mexican roasted corn, thawed
- 1 tablesopon cilantro, fresh, and shredded
- Add the thawed corn, shredded pork carnitas, and cheese in a large mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Add the topping to the flatbread. This recipe will make enough for 2 flatbreads, so I divided the topping in half. Half for each flatbread.
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Add the Flatbread to the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cook the flatbreads in batches.
- Cook at 330 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has meted.
- Serve with fresh, diced cilantro.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper