Air Fryer French Toast Roll-Ups — Have you ever wanted a delicious breakfast that only took minutes to make? Well, now you can work with these amazing Air Fryer French Toast Roll-Ups! They are quick and easy to assemble, but the air fryer does all the hard work for you.
You get golden brown French toast with gooey centers in just five minutes – talk about a great way to start your day! Plus, it’s completely customizable—you can add your favorite toppings, like fresh fruit or cinnamon sugar, for an added kick of sweetness. With this simple recipe on hand, everyone will be rushing out of bed for breakfast!
What Are French Roll-Ups?
French Roll-Ups, or French Bread Roll-Ups or French Toast Roll-Ups, are delightful and versatile breakfast or brunch dishes. They typically involve rolling slices of bread with a sweet or savory filling, dipping them in an egg mixture, and then cooking them on a griddle, air fryer, or in a pan until golden and crispy.
This makes for a great kid-friendly recipe that the entire family will love! There are so many variations that you can make; today, we made a simple one!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer French Toast Roll-Ups
Few things on a weekend morning are as enjoyable as flavorful French toast. But what if you could make the classic breakfast dish even better?! Air fryer French toast roll-ups deliver an enticing twist to this well-loved meal.
With just a few ingredients and some time in your air fryer, you’ll be greeted with a soft and crunchy sweetness that will tantalize your taste buds! Ready? Let’s get started with all the ingredients needed for these amazing air fryer French Toast Roll-Ups!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredients are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Slices of bread (white, whole wheat, or your preferred choice)
- Filling of your choice (sweet or savory options):
- Sweet fillings: Nutella, peanut butter, cream cheese, sliced fruits (such as bananas, strawberries, or blueberries), jam, cinnamon-sugar mixture, or chocolate chips.
- Savory fillings: Ham, cheese (Swiss, cheddar, or your preferred type), spinach, cooked bacon, or sautéed vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms).
- Eggs (enough to coat the bread slices)
- Milk (a splash to add to the egg mixture)
- Vanilla extract (optional for added flavor)
- Cooking spray or melted butter (to grease the air fryer basket or tray)
- Optional toppings:
- Sweet options: Powdered sugar, maple syrup, honey, or fruit compote.
- Savory options: Dijon mustard, Greek yogurt, or salsa.
These ingredients will allow you to create a variety of delicious Air Fryer French Toast Roll-Ups. You can mix and match fillings to suit your preferences and customize them to your liking. Feel free to adjust the quantities based on the number of roll-ups you wish to make. Enjoy the crispy and flavorful results!
How To Cook French Toast Rolls Ups In Air Fryer
French toast is a classic breakfast dish that has been around for centuries! Enjoy French toast’s delicious and sweet flavor without all the mess and hassle with this easy-to-follow recipe for French Toast Rolls Ups.
Thanks to your trusty air fryer, this kid-friendly meal will be ready in just minutes. Not only are these rolls up deliciously crispy on the outside, but they’re also filled with cream cheese, cinnamon sugar, and other traditional flavors we all know and love about French toast. Forget standing over a hot stove – let’s get cooking in the air fryer!
Step One: Prepare the Filling
Lay out the slices of bread on a flat surface. Spread your desired filling (such as Nutella, cream cheese, or ham and cheese) evenly across each slice.
Step Two: Roll Up the Bread
Starting from one end, tightly roll up each slice of bread, enclosing the filling. Press gently to secure the roll.
Step Three: Prepare the Egg Mixture
Whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract (if using). This will be the mixture you dip the roll-ups in.
Step Four: Dip the Roll-Ups
Dip each bread roll-up into the egg mixture, ensuring all sides are coated. Allow any excess mixture to drip off.
Step Five: Preheat the Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes. Lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray or melted butter to prevent sticking.
Step Six: Cook the Roll-Ups
Place the dipped roll-ups in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray, making sure they do not touch. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they are golden brown and crispy.
Step Seven: Serve and Enjoy!
Once cooked, remove the French Toast Roll-Ups from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute. Serve them warm with your favorite toppings, such as powdered sugar, maple syrup, or a savory sauce.
Pro Tips For Cooking French Toast Roll-Ups In Air Fryer
Cooking French Toast Roll-Ups in an air fryer can yield deliciously crispy and flavorful results. Here are some pro tips to enhance your cooking experience:
- Use Stale Bread: For better absorption of the egg mixture, consider using slightly stale bread. It holds up better and prevents the roll-ups from becoming too soggy.
- Flatten the Bread: Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread gently before spreading the filling and rolling up the bread. This helps create a more even roll and makes it easier to seal the edges.
- Secure the Edges: To prevent the filling from leaking out during cooking, make sure to press and seal the edges of the bread tightly before dipping it in the egg mixture.
- Optimize Egg Mixture: Whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together until well combined. For added flavor, you can incorporate spices like cinnamon or nutmeg into the egg mixture.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating the air fryer helps ensure even cooking and crispiness. Give it a few minutes to reach the desired temperature before adding the roll-ups.
- Grease the Basket or Tray: To prevent the roll-ups from sticking, lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray or melted butter before placing the roll-ups inside.
- Arrange in a Single Layer: Make sure to arrange the French Toast Roll-Ups in a single layer in the air fryer, leaving enough space between them for proper air circulation. This ensures even cooking and browning.
- Flip Halfway Through: Flip the roll-ups gently halfway through the cooking time to achieve an evenly crispy exterior. This ensures that both sides are cooked and golden brown.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Keep a close eye on the roll-ups as they cook to prevent them from burning. Cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer model, so adjust accordingly.
- Serve Fresh and Warm: French Toast Roll-Ups are best enjoyed fresh and warm. Serve them immediately after cooking to savor their crispy texture and delicious filling.
By following these pro tips, you can elevate your French Toast Roll-Ups in the air fryer and create a delightful breakfast or brunch treat. Customize the fillings and toppings to suit your preferences, and get creative with flavors. Enjoy the crispy, golden exterior and the indulgent, gooey filling in every bite!
Can I use any type of bread for French Toast Roll-Ups in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use different types of bread for your French Toast Roll-Ups. White bread, whole wheat bread, brioche, or even cinnamon swirl bread can all work well. Choose a bread that you enjoy and that will hold up to rolling without tearing.
How do I prevent the French Toast Roll-Ups from sticking to the air fryer basket or tray?
To prevent sticking, lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray or melted butter before placing the roll-ups inside. This will help them release easily once cooked.
Can I make French Toast Roll-Ups ahead of time and reheat them in the air fryer?
French Toast Roll-Ups are best enjoyed fresh and warm. While you can reheat them in the air fryer, they may not retain the same level of crispiness as when freshly cooked. If you need to make them ahead, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in a toaster or oven for best results.
Can I freeze French Toast Roll-Ups?
Yes, you can freeze French Toast Roll-Ups for later use. After cooking and cooling, place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. When ready to enjoy, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in a toaster or oven until warmed through.
What are some tasty toppings for French Toast Roll-Ups?
There are numerous toppings you can pair with French Toast Roll-Ups. For sweet options, consider powdered sugar, maple syrup, fruit compote, whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce. For savory options, try a dollop of Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of grated cheese, or a side of salsa or hot sauce.
Can I make a large batch of French Toast Roll-Ups in the air fryer?
The capacity of your air fryer will determine how many roll-ups you can cook at once. It’s important not to overcrowd the basket or tray, as this can affect the cooking and crispiness. If making a large batch, cook them in multiple batches to ensure even cooking.
Can I make French Toast Roll-Ups without eggs?
Eggs are traditionally used in French Toast Roll-Ups to create a custard-like coating and provide a fluffy texture. However, if you have dietary restrictions or preferences, you can explore alternative options like using plant-based milk or vegan egg substitutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY CRISP
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
- PREPARING A BUNDT CAKE IN THE AIR FRYER OR INSTANT POT
- AIR FRYER PEACH DUMP CAKE
- BETTY CROCKER MUG TREATS AIR FRYER
- HOW TO BAKE A CAKE IN THE NINJA FOODI
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN CAKE POPS
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA CINNAMON CRUMB COFFEE CAKE
Air Fryer French Toast Roll-Ups
- 6 slices bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup filling, Nutella, cream cheese, etc.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Lay out the slices of bread on a flat surface. Spread your desired filling (such as Nutella, cream cheese, or ham and cheese) evenly across each slice.
- Starting from one end, tightly roll up each slice of bread, enclosing the filling. Press gently to secure the roll.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract (if using). This will be the mixture you dip the roll-ups in.
- Dip each bread roll-up into the egg mixture, ensuring all sides are coated. Allow any excess mixture to drip off.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes. Lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray or melted butter to prevent sticking.
- Place the dipped roll-ups in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray, making sure they do not touch. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Once cooked, remove the French Toast Roll-Ups from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute. Serve them warm with your favorite toppings, such as powdered sugar, maple syrup, or a savory sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional