If you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and healthy side dish to add to your dinner rotation, look no further than air fryer shredded brussels sprouts!
We don’t want to share a recipe here; we’ll also guide you through what makes this veggie so nutritious (both alone and in various dishes) and how the unique texture of shredded brussels sprouts can make it stand out from the crowd.
Whether short on time or trying something fun and new in the kitchen, air fryer shredded brussels sprouts will quickly become one of your go-to side dishes. Get ready as we uncover why they are so delicious while simultaneously getting more creative in our cooking process!
And, of course, who doesn’t love crispy Brussels sprouts for a perfect side dish?
Why This Recipe Works
This is one of my favorite recipes for crispy air fryer Brussels sprouts; they are amazing; whether you are looking for a new way to cook your Brussels sprouts or a keto or low-carb side dish, this recipe is perfect for you!
- Simple Ingredients: With only a few ingredients, grab a bag of shredded Brussel Sprouts, from Trader Joe’s or your local grocery store, for a great side dish!
- Healthy! This recipe is keto, low carb, paleo, and Whole30, as well as gluten-free! This recipe is fantastic for everyone!
- Easy! No need to prep ingredients; the ingredients are ready for you!
- Minimal Oil: Like everything cooked in the air fryer, you only need oil spray or extra virgin olive oil for a healthy recipe!
- Perfect if you are a fan of Brussels Sprouts!
- Easy Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Ingredients Needed For Cooking Shredded Brussels Sprouts In Air Fryer
Are you ready to prepare a delicious, healthy dish that will be a hit with the whole family? Air frying shredded Brussels sprouts can give you that savory flavor in an easy and nutritious way. With just a few essential ingredients and minimal prep time, your air fryer is all it takes to create tasty dishes like crispy Brussel Sprouts with bacon bits or Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Remember the full recipe is below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Brussels Sprouts: Use raw Brussels Sprouts or purchase shaved Brussels sprouts. Fresh Brussels Sprouts work best for this recipe.
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, such as avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings: Add some fresh garlic, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Serve With: Balsamic Vinegar, Shredded Parmesan Cheese, Lime Juice, Lemon Zest, garlic powder, or fresh herbs.
How To Cook Air Fryer Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are a nutritional powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Not only are they delicious when cooked correctly, but they are also effortless to prepare. Enter this fantastic kitchen appliance: the air fryer! In just minutes, you can have perfectly cooked Brussels sprouts that taste great and bring out the natural flavors of the roasted Brussels sprouts!
Step One: Add All Of The Ingredients
Add the shredded Brussels sprouts, oil, and seasonings to a large mixing bowl, and toss to coat.
Step Two: Add Your Ingredients To the Basket of The Air Fryer
Spread the shaved Brussels sprouts to the bottom of the air fryer basket. In a single layer, leave some room around the sprouts so that the hot air can freely circulate around the Brussels sprouts, allowing for a crispy texture. Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
Step Three: Serve
Serve with shaved parmesan cheese to a balsamic vinegar or maple syrup drizzle.
How To Shave Your Brussels Sprouts
Today, I used a package of shaved Brussels sprouts that I purchased at Trader Joe’s, but if you don’t have a TJ’s near you, you can easily make your own batch! It will o only require a few additional minutes.
- Before you start, ensure all the outer leaves are peeled off and discarded. Then, cut off the stem end with a sharp knife. Depending on the sprouts’ size, you can halve them before shaving for larger sprouts. Once they are ready, please take a few sprouts at a time and lay them on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp vegetable peeler or sharp knife, tart at the top of the Brussels sprout and begin to shave it—this will give you thin slices that look like ribbons. Move slowly down the length of the Brussels sprout until all of it has been shaved. Discard any remaining tough stem pieces and place the shaved sprouts in a bowl. Repeat until all of your Brussels sprouts have been shaved. When you’re finished, it’s time to cook them!
- You can also prepare the shaved Brussels Sprouts in the food processor using a slicing blade.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
These Brussels Sprouts are best prepared right before serving, but if you have any cooked sprouts, let them cool to room temperature and place them into an airtight container. You can reheat the Brussels Sprouts in the air fryer at 350 degrees F and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the Brussels Sprouts heat through.
Can I Make These In The Oven?
Yes, although only them in an air fryer is the best way to cook them and requires less time, you can make them in a regular oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and then cook them for 12-15 minutes on a baking sheet or until they are crispy!
How To Reheat Brussels Sprouts In The Air Fryer
Add your Brussels sprouts into the air fryer basket, and set the cooking time for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F, using an air fryer setting.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fryer Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts , shredded or sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the shredded Brussels sprouts, oil, and seasonings to a large mixing bowl, and toss to coat.
- Spread the shaved Brussels sprouts to the bottom of the air fryer basket. In a single layer, leave some room around the sprouts so that the hot air can freely circulate around the Brussels sprouts, allowing for a crispy texture. Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
- Serve with shaved parmesan cheese to a balsamic vinegar or maple syrup drizzle.
- Air Fryer