One of the most popular appetizers at Chinese Food Restaurants in America are egg rolls. Egg Rolls are the perfect finger food since you eat them with your hands, and they are so tasty, after a few dips of an accompanying egg roll dipping sauce.
Egg rolls differ from spring rolls, as egg rolls are typically thicker. as they are made with egg dough, whereas spring rolls are made out of rice-flour paper. Spring rolls are often served both hot or cold, whereas egg rolls are usually served cold unless you are like me and you grab them from the refrigerator as part of your midnight snack.
They are typically deep-fried, but now that I have my Air Fryer, which I love, I can make a healthier version. These are loaded with vegetables and contain only a few ounces of meat.
Now, egg rolls look really hard to make, but they are easy, the hardest part is making the filing, but if you know how to make a stir-fry, then you are good to go. I made this filling in my Instant Pot since I am always cooking with it.
Note: I made the filling in my Instant Pot, it was amazing, if you are looking for an easy meal, and you don’t want to make the egg rolls, try it, my kids were scooping it out and eating it. I actually had to make two batches to get pictures for my egg rolls.
One of the hardest parts of making egg rolls is finding the wrappers in the store. Where do you buy them? In any grocery store in the United States, the weirdest part is that you can find them in the produce aisle, right next to the Tofu and Tempeh. Weird place for them, in my opinion, but I guess they are there for a reason? If anyone knows why, please drop me a line, I would love to know?
To Make the Egg Rolls (Any Egg Rolls)
Start by laying out the egg roll on a flat surface, I usually place in on my cutting board, which provides a flat surface and allows me to cut if needed.
Rolling Your Egg Rolls
- Start by placing one of the egg roll wrappers on the cutting board, and then place the egg roll wrapper with a corner pointed towards you.
- Then place the cooked filling into the middle of the egg roll wrapper.
- In a small bowl, beat an egg in it, then use a pastry brush and spread it over the edges.
- Fold two opposite corners together to make a triangle, then fold the sides in and then roll tightly.
- Seal the edges with more of the beaten egg.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer-Air Fried, Homemade Pork and Vegetable Egg Rolls
The best egg roll filling, made with pork and vegetables, yummy!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 portion Egg Roll Bowls (See blog post for link to direction)
- 1 package egg roll wrappers (the above recipe will make 12 egg rolls)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Start by making your Egg Roll Filling, see the blog link for the recipe. It’s amazing, it looks like a lot of work, but it’s not really.
- Start by placing your egg roll wrapper on a cutting board, which will provide you with a stable surface, to roll on.
- Mix your egg, with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl, this will help bind your egg rolls together.
- Place the egg wash all over the sides of your egg roll wrapper, it will take you a few times to develop your own technique.
- Then fill the wrapper with your filling and roll tight. Use extra egg wash on your sides and ends to create a seal.
- As you make them place them into your air fryer basket, once your basket is full, spray them with your olive oil sprayer.
- Set your temperature to 370 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, flip them, spray again and set the timer for another 5 minutes.
- Check them for doneness. Continue until you have used up all of your egg roll ingredients, either the wrappers or the filling.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer pork egg rolls frozen egg rolls in air fryer oven air fryer frozen egg rolls frozen egg rolls air fryer time air fryer egg rolls weight watchers air fryer egg rolls healthy air fryer frozen egg rolls time and temp how to cook frozen egg rolls in air fryer oven