I love a great batch of candied peanuts, and my easy Air Fryer Candied Pecans Recipe is amazing! It is a great and sweet, salty snack, and they make a perfect garnish for a great big summer salad.
Suppose you have never made a batch of candied pecans before; this is the perfect time to start—the air fryer does a fantastic job of roasting these to perfection.
I love a batch of glazed pecans; they make amazing gifts, and everyone loves a great snack! I believe that’s because one of the favorite snacks for everyone is Pecan Praline, and this comes really close to the Trader Joe’s version. If you have been looking for a Traer Joe’s Candied Pecans Recipe, this recipe is a great substitute.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CAJUN FRIED PICKLES, AIR FRYER FRIED OKRA, AIR FRYER BANANA CHIPS, and AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN FRIES.
How To Make Candied Pecans In Air Fryer
What Will I Need to Compete This Recipe:
- Pecan Halves
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground CInnamon
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Candied Pecans
Preheat the air fryer to 350℉, air fryer setting, and line the tray with foil before placing it in the basket.
In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Make sure the sugar blend gets in all of the nooks and grooves of the pecans.
Pour the nut mixture into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes. Give the basket a shake and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until the nuts are shiny and fragrant.
Pour out on a parchment or Silpat lined baking tray and let cool for at least 15 minutes. They will harden as they cool.
Serve as a snack with fresh fruit and cheese or as a crunchy addition to a salad.
What will I need to complete this recipe?
You will need the following ingredients:
- Pecan halves. Use raw, unsalted pecan halves.
- Ground cinnamon- apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice, or chai spice blend can also be used instead of cinnamon
- Pure Vanilla extract
- Salt- I use Morton’s kosher salt for this recipe
You will need the following supplies:
- Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, or Mealthy Air Fryer Lid
- Aluminum Foil
How To Store Air Fryer Candied Pecans
Store the cooled pecans in an airtight container or a mason jar.
Store the cooled pecans in an airtight container or a mason jar for up to a week for maximum freshness.
Can You Freeze Candied Pecans? How Long Do Pecans Last In The Freezer
Yes, pecans will last in the freezer for up to two years. Although, for the best flavor and texture, I would not candy your pecans, before freezing them.
Can I eat these warm or cold?
The pecans should be completely cooled before you eat them. The sugar is very hot so please do not attempt to eat them straight out of the air fryer.
You make candied pecans by mixing sugar, spices, and pecans, then baking them until the sugar melts into all the pecans’ nooks and crannies.
You can add zest from 1 orange to the pecan mixture for another layer of flavor. You can also susbiute for pecans by using almonds. There is no substutute for pecans than almonds, they have the same flavor.
If you want a chocolate-covered pecans recipe, you can easily coat these in chocolate after air frying. You can also eliminate the sugar and simply coat the pecans with some olive oil, and you have a foolproof recipe for tasting pecans in air fryer.
What are substitutions that I can make?
You can substitute the cinnamon for chai spice or pumpkin pie spice. You can also swap the honey for maple syrup.
Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it?
I have not tried it yet because these nuts are so addictive they probably won’t make it to the freezer.
What ingredients do I need to make candied pecans?
You will need raw pecan halves, sugar, honey salt, cinnamon, and water. Many recipes for candied nuts call for egg whites, but this one doesn’t. Great if you have someone with an egg allergy.
What Can You Use Air Fryer Candied Pecans On?
While they make an amazing snack, they are also a great nut to be used on almost anything, some of my favorites are:
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes:
If you love this recipe for air fryer candied pecans, try these other easy snack recipes:
- AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS
- AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER PEPPER & ONION FLATBREAD
- AIR FRYER TYSON CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S VEGETABLE BIRD’S NESTS
- 2 1/2 cups (8 ounces) raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 350℉, air fryer setting, and line the tray with foil before placing it in the basket.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Make sure the sugar blend gets in all of the nooks and grooves of the pecans.
- Pour the nut mixture into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes. Give the basket a shake and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until the nuts are shiny and fragrant.
- Pour out on a parchment or Silpat lined baking tray and let cool for at least 15 minutes. They will harden as they cool.
- Serve as a snack with fresh fruit and cheese or as a crunchy addition to a salad.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 0g