I love a great batch of candied peanuts, and my easy Candied Pecans recipe is amazing! It is a great sweet and salty snack, and they make a perfect garnish for a great big summer salad. Plus, so easy to make in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Candied Pecans
Suppose you have never made a batch of candied pecans before; this is the perfect time to start — the air fryer does a fantastic job of roasting these to perfection.
I love giving a batch of air fryer pecans to friends and family. They make amazing gifts, and everyone loves a great snack! I believe that’s because one of the favorite snacks for everyone is Pecan Praline, and this comes really close to the Trader Joe’s version. If you have been looking for a Trader Joe’s Candied Pecans Recipe, this recipe is a great substitute.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CAJUN FRIED PICKLES, AIR FRYER FRIED OKRA, AIR FRYER BANANA CHIPS, and AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN FRIES.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Pecans
- Perfect for snacking at home
- Minimal ingredients
Ingredients Needed for Candied Pecans in the Air Fryer
- Pecan Halves
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground CInnamon
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Candied Pecans
Step 1: Recipe prep
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and line the tray with foil before placing it in the basket.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients
In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Make sure the sugar blend gets in all of the nooks and grooves of the pecans.
Step 3: Air fry pecans
Pour the nut mixture into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes. Give the basket a shake, then cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until the nuts are shiny and fragrant.
Pour the nuts out onto a parchment or Silpat-lined baking tray and let cool for at least 15 minutes. They will harden as they cool. Air fryer candied pecans should be completely cooled before you eat them. The sugar is very hot, so please do not attempt to eat them straight out of the air fryer!
Serve as a snack with fresh fruit and cheese or as a crunchy addition to a salad!
Variations To This Candied Pecans Air Fryer Recipe
- Add zest from 1 orange to the pecan mixture for another layer of flavor.
- Substitute pecans with almonds. There is no better substitute for pecans than almonds — they have the same flavor!
- If you want a chocolate-covered pecans recipe, you can easily coat these in melted chocolate after air frying.
- Eliminate the sugar and simply coat the pecans with some olive oil. It’s a foolproof recipe for tasty pecans in air fryer.
While they make an amazing snack, they are also a great nut to be used on almost anything. Some of my favorites are:
How To Store Air Fryer Pecans
Store the cooled candied pecans air fryer recipe in an airtight container or a mason jar for up to a week for maximum freshness.
What Supplies Do I Need to Air Fry Pecans?
- Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, or Mealthy Air Fryer Lid
- Aluminum Foil
Can You Freeze Candied Pecans?
Yes, pecans will last in the freezer for up to two years. Although, for the best flavor and texture, I recommend that you not candy your pecans before freezing them. You can add the sugar and other toppings, then air fry pecans after you thaw them in the fridge overnight!
What Is The Difference Between Glazed and Candied Nuts?
Candied nuts like these air fryer pecans are made with sugar and egg whites. Glazed nuts are typically made with brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. The results? A similar look but a different flavor!
Why Are My Candied Pecans Chewy?
You likely won’t run into this issue if you air fry pecans as the air fryer practically guarantees even cooking. That said — if the nuts aren’t as crispy as you’d like them, air fryer for 1-2 more minutes until you get the texture you’re after.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes:
If you love this recipe for air fryer candied pecans, try these other easy snack recipes:
- AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS
- AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER PEPPER & ONION FLATBREAD
- AIR FRYER TYSON CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S VEGETABLE BIRD’S NESTS
Candied Pecans (Air Fryer Recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 350℉, air fryer setting, and line the tray with foil before placing it in the basket.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Make sure the sugar blend gets in all of the nooks and grooves of the pecans.
- Pour the nut mixture into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes. Give the basket a shake and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until the nuts are shiny and fragrant.
- Pour out on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking tray and let cool for at least 15 minutes. They will harden as they cool.
- Serve as a snack with fresh fruit and cheese or as a crunchy addition to a salad. Enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional