Air Fryer Grouper — If you’re looking for an easy, healthy seafood dish to make in your air fryer, look no further than grouper. This fish is mild in flavor and cooks up quickly in the air fryer. You can serve it with a simple lemon butter sauce or your favorite dipping sauce. So fire up your air fryer and give this grouper recipe a try!
There’s a new way to cook grouper, and it doesn’t involve a smoky grill. The air fryer is a hot appliance right now, and for a good reason. It cooks food quickly and evenly with little added fat. So if you’re looking for a healthy seafood dish that’s still full of flavor, try air frying grouper. You won’t be disappointed!
What Is Grouper?
Is Grouper a type of fish? A cooking method? An exotic destination? In reality, Grouper is all of those things and more. This fascinating seafood has a long history dating back to ancient Greece, where it was known as “the king of fishes.” With its delicate flavor and versatile preparation options, Grouper is perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Grouper
Grouper is a white fish that is an excellent option for the air fryer. The mild flavor of grouper pairs well with many different seasonings, making it a versatile dish.
- Grouper Filets: Cut your grouper into equal-sized filets
- Eggs: Creates your batter
- Flour: If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, you can easily switch out all-purpose gluten-free flour for this recipe.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: Make homemade or use store-bought
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, and Smoked Paprika
How To Make Grouper In Air Fryer
Pat grouper fillets dry with a paper towel, then cut into bite-size pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl. Add smoked paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cumin to a ramekin and stir. Then, add to the bowl with grouper bites. Toss to coat.
Set up a dredging station. Whisk eggs in one bowl, add flour to another, and combine panko breadcrumbs, dill, and a pinch of pepper in the last bowl. Preheat the air fryer to 400* for 5 minutes
Dredge grouper in flour, dip in the eggs, and roll in breadcrumbs. Set breaded grouper on a baking sheet as you work.
Add grouper to the air fryer basket and spray lightly with canola or olive oil. Cook for 7 minutes, stopping halfway through to flip.
Arrange grouper on a platter and serve with horseradish dip and lemon slices
Timing: The cooking times shown below are for 1 to 2-inch pieces. If you cut your fish into thicker pieces, it will take longer to cook accordingly
Other Fish You Can Use: You can use any firm white fish fillets instead of the grouper.
Other Uses: You can use the grouper bites in fish tacos or even as an appetizer, served with a toothpick.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Grouper
What to serve with it?
This is a great recipe that goes with almost everything. My favorite things to serve Grouper are Instant Pot Pork Fried Rice, Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries, Air Fryer Cobb Salad, and Air Fryer Greek Chicken Kebabs.
What does grouper taste like?
The taste of Grouper changes with size, species, and location. Most have a milder flavor than Bass or Halibut but can still be distinctive depending on their seasoned.
Can I Make This Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yes, you can easily use gluten-free flour and gluten-free bread crumbs. Remember to use the same amount of ingredients in the recipe.
What To Dip Your Grouper In?
We all love a good dip, especially when it comes to seafood. But what should you dip your grouper in? Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Tartar Sauce: Try the Copycat Popeye’s Tartar Sauce for a classic and delicious dip for a traditional and delicious dip. This recipe is simple and includes ingredients like mayonnaise, pickles, and onions.
- Remoulade Sauce: Another delicious option is the Cajun Remoulade Sauce. This spicy dip is perfect for those who love a little heat in their food. It includes ingredients like creole mustard, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Thai Peanut Sauce: Finally, if you’re looking for something slightly different, we recommend giving the Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce a try.
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
If you love this Air Fryer Grouper, try some of my other Air Fryer Seafood Recipes,
- AIR FRYER SALMON BURGER
- AIR FRYER HALIBUT
- HOW TO REHEAT LOBSTER IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT APPLEBEE’S HONEY GRILLED SALMON
- AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Grouper
- 4 grouper fillets
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Pat grouper fillets dry with a paper towel then cut into bite-size pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl
- Add smoked paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cumin to a ramekin and stir. Then, add to the bowl with grouper bites. Toss to coat.
- Set up a dredging station. Whisk eggs in one bowl, add flour to another, and combine panko breadcrumbs, dill, and a pinch of pepper in the last bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 400* for 5 minutes
- Dredge grouper in flour, then dip in the eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs. Set breaded grouper on a baking sheet as you work.
- Add grouper to the air fryer basket and spray lightly with olive oil. Cook for 7 minutes, stopping halfway through to flip.
- Arange grouper on a platter and serve with horseradish dip and lemon slices
- Air Fryer