Who doesn’t love Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp? This is a popular item and the best air fryer copycat recipe from Bonefish Grill; it is perfectly cooked breaded shrimp, with a signature sweet chili sauce, over the top; it’s amazing!
Served as a main dish or a great appetizer, this recipe will aim to please, and it might be one of the best things you cook in your air fryer.
What Is Bonefish Grill Restaurant
Bonefish Grill is an American seafood restaurant chain that was founded in 2000. The chain has over 200 locations across the United States, focusing on providing high-quality seafood dishes with an upscale dining experience.
One of the most popular appetizers is the Bang Bang Shrimp, a creamy sauce, and it’s one of the easiest recipes you can make in your air fryer in minutes. Perfect for shrimp tacos or something different to serve on game day, it will soon become your favorite air fryer recipe.
The Best Bang Bang Shrimp Copycat Recipe
Bang Bang Shrimp is a beloved appetizer often found on the menu at seafood restaurants. The combination of crispy shrimp and creamy, spicy sauce is hard to resist. If you’re a fan of this dish and want to enjoy it from your home, we’ve got you covered.
In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make the best Bang Bang Shrimp copycat recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends. With a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can recreate this restaurant favorite quickly.
Why You Need A Good Copy Cat Recipe For Bang Bang Shrimp
A good copycat recipe for Bang Bang Shrimp allows you to enjoy this delicious dish anytime you want, without having to go out to a restaurant or pay a premium price. By making it at home, you can customize the ingredients to your liking and adjust the level of spiciness to your preference.
Additionally, making the dish yourself can be a fun and rewarding experience that allows you to hone your cooking skills and impress your guests. A good copycat recipe can also save you money in the long run, as you can buy the ingredients in bulk and make the dish multiple times. Overall, having a good copycat recipe for Bang Bang Shrimp is a great way to enjoy this popular dish anytime you want while saving money and showcasing your culinary skills.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
No need to go out for seafood when you can make this amazing Bang Bang Shrimp dish at home with only a handful of simple ingredients! It’s always a hit with guests. The sweet and spicy sauce is to die for!
Remember all of the details; step-by-step directions are below in a printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: You can also use gluten-free, panko, or keto-friendly pork rinds
- Jumbo Shrimp: You can also use large or medium shrimp if you can not find jumbo shrimp.
- Eggs: use room temperature large eggs.
- All-Purpose Flour: You can easily adapt this recipe for a healthier alternative using whole-wheat flour or rice flour.
- Olive Oil: You can also use avocado oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, or even canola oil.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley works best.
- Mayonnaise: Use regular or low-fat for a healthy air fryer recipe!
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce: Found at most local grocery stores.
- Sriracha Sauce: You can also use hot sauce.
- Honey: Adds some sweetness.
- Rice Wine Vinegar: Adds a bit of tang.
How To Cook Bang Bang Shrimp in the Air Fryer
If you want to switch up your weeknight dinner routine, or delicious appetizer, look no further than this easy and delicious recipe for Bang Bang shrimp made in the air fryer! This mouthwatering dish features succulent shrimp coated in a crunchy yet creamy Panko and Parmesan mixture before being air fried to perfection.
This meal is much healthier than its restaurant counterpart and comes together quickly with minimal fuss – perfect for busy families or relaxed weeknight dinners. Keep reading for all the details on making an unforgettable batch of Boom Boom Shrimp right at home!
Step One: Prepare The Panko Mixture
Toast the panko bread crumbs: Mix the panko and olive oil in a small bowl. Spread out the panko onto an air fryer safe pan. Set the pan into the air fryer, the cooking time for 5-7 minutes at 250 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Step Two: Prepare The Air Fryer Basket:
Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil or cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, mix the eggs and flour, and whisk well with a fork.
Step Three: Defrost The Shrimp
Rinse the shrimp under cold water and then dry the raw shrimp with a paper towel. Dip your shrimp into the mixture. Place shrimp into the toasted breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides. Hold the shrimp by the back of the shrimp, which will make it easier to coat.
Step Four: Air Fry Bang Bang Shrimp
As you coat the shrimp, place them into the greased air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray the coated shrimp with olive oil spray. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 9 minutes, flipping halfway and a spritz of oil again; remove the shrimp when golden brown.
Step Five: Serving
Serve wtih your favorite dipping sauce or the delicious sauce, which recipe is in the recipe below.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
Here are some pro tips for making the best air fryer Bang Bang Shrimp:
- Use large, raw shrimp: Large, raw shrimp will give this dish the best texture and flavor. If you use pre-cooked shrimp, they may become tough and overcooked in the air fryer.
- Make sure the shrimp are dry: Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel before coating them with cornstarch. This will help the coating stick better and create a crispier texture.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket: Overcrowding the basket can cause the shrimp to cook unevenly, resulting in a less crispy texture. Cook the shrimp in batches if necessary.
- Use a light coating of the cooking spray: Lightly coat the shrimp with cooking spray before air frying. This will help them crisp up and prevent sticking to the basket.
- Shake the basket frequently: Shake the basket every few minutes while cooking to ensure the shrimp cook evenly on all sides.
- Add the sauce right before serving: Toss the cooked shrimp in the sauce right before serving to ensure that they stay crispy. They may become soggy if you let them sit in the sauce for too long.
Following these pro tips, you can make delicious and crispy air fryer Bang Bang Shrimp that will impress your family and friends.
What To Serve With Boom Boom Shrimp
One popular option is to serve the Boom Boom Shrimp with a side of white rice, cauliflower rice, or fried rice. Another tasty option is to serve it over a bed of mixed greens for a lighter, healthier meal.
Alternatively, the shrimp can be served as an appetizer alongside other dishes such as chicken satay, spring rolls, and fried wontons. For a more substantial meal, the shrimp can be served alongside steamed vegetables and your choice of protein, such as grilled chicken or steak.
For added flavor, don’t forget to offer some dipping sauces on the side, such as Greek Yogurt, sweet chili sauce, or soy sauce.
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
When it comes to storing leftovers, be sure to properly cool and store the shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should last for up to three days. Reheat in the air fryer or in a skillet on the stove until warmed through before enjoying again.
Bang Bang Shrimp Air Fryer No Buttermilk
The popular Bang Bang Shrimp dish typically calls for deep frying the shrimp in a batter made with buttermilk. Today, we made a healthy version without buttermilk!
How To Cook Boom Boom Popcorn Shrimp (Whole Foods) In Air Fryer
Then, place the frozen shrimp in the air fryer basket and sprinkle the coating mixture on top. Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp are crispy and cooked.
Can I use pre-cooked shrimp for air fryer Bang Bang Shrimp?
You can use pre-cooked shrimp, but they may become tough and overcooked in the air fryer. Using large, raw shrimp for the best texture and flavor is best.
What temperature should I set my air fryer to for Bang Bang Shrimp?
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for this recipe.
How long do I cook Bang Bang Shrimp in the air fryer?
Cook the shrimp in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket every few minutes for even cooking. Shrimp cooks fast, so make sure you are watching the shrimp cooking since all air fryers are slightly different.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
You can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free cornstarch and flour for the coating.
Can I use a different type of sauce for this recipe?
Yes, you can use a different type of sauce if you prefer. The key to the dish is the Bang Bang Sauce, which is a spicy and creamy combination, so choose a sauce that will provide that flavor profile.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While the shrimp is best served immediately after cooking, you can prepare the sauce and coat the shrimp in the cornstarch ahead of time to save time when cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CHEESE SCONES
- BANQUET POT PIE IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT STARBUCKS VANILLA BEAN SCONES
- GORTON’S FISH STICKS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER GREEK POTATOES
- AIR FRYER TUNA MELT WRAP
Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
Bang Bang Shrimp:
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Toast the panko bread crumbs: In a small mixing bowl, mix the panko and olive oil. Spread out the panko onto an air fryer-safe pan. Set the pan into the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 250 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the eggs and flour.
- Dip your shrimp into the mixture.
- Then dip into the toasted breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides.
- As you coat, the shrimp place them into the greased air fryer basket.
- Spray the coated shrimp with olive oil spray.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. For 9 minutes, flipping halfway and spraying again.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray