Looking for a healthy and delicious side dish? Try air fryer Greek potatoes! They’re crispy, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion. Plus, they’re easy to make and require just a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!
Looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to serve up at your next dinner party? Look no further than these Air Fryer Greek Potatoes! These potatoes are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, and they are loaded with flavor thanks to the Greek herbs and spices. Plus, they are cooked in just minutes using your air fryer. So give these potatoes a try today and enjoy all of the compliments!
What Are Greek Potatoes?
Greek potatoes, also known as “patates tiganites,” are a popular dish in Greece where they are often served as a side with grilled meats or as an appetizer. These potatoes are thinly sliced and fried until crispy on the outside while remaining soft and fluffy on the inside. They can be seasoned with various herbs and spices, such as oregano, garlic, and lemon juice. Greek potatoes are often served with tzatziki sauce or a side of yogurt for dipping.
These tasty potatoes can be found at many traditional Greek restaurants or made at home with some simple ingredients and a bit of patience. To achieve the perfect crunchy texture, the sliced potatoes must be fried in batches and drained on paper towels before serving. Greek potatoes make for a delicious and satisfying addition to any meal. Give them a try the next time you’re in the mood for something a little different from your typical roasted or mashed potatoes!
Why Cook Greek Potatoes In Air Fryer
Cooking Greek potatoes in an air fryer allows for a crispy, crunchy exterior while still maintaining a soft interior. It also reduces the amount of oil needed for cooking, making it a healthier option. Additionally, the air fryer cooks the potatoes quickly and evenly, ensuring they are cooked through without burning or overcooking. Overall, using an air fryer to cook Greek potatoes provides a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional frying methods.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fried Greek Potatoes
Looking for a new, healthy side dish to add to your menu? Try air fried Greek potatoes! This dish is simple to make and packed with flavor. You’ll need just a few ingredients to get started. Read on for the recipe.
- Potatoes: Use Yukon gold, baby red potatoes, or baby gold potatoes.
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, such as olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Greek Seasoning, Oregano, and Black Pepper
How To Make Greek Potatoes in Air Fryer
Prep The Potatoes: Cut potatoes into small chunks and place them in a large bowl.
Prepare The Seasoning Mix: Mix in olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek Seasoning, oregano, and black pepper until the potatoes are evenly coated.
Air Fry: Place the seasoned potato chunks into the air fryer basket and set them to 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Serving: Serve with feta cheese, olives, and a squeeze of lemon for a delicious Mediterranean twist. Enjoy!
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Greek Potatoes
If you’re looking for an easy side dish that’s packed with flavor, look no further than air fryer Greek potatoes. These potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and they’re perfect for a quick and easy meal. Follow these pro tips to make the best air fryer Greek potatoes possible.
- Use small, uniform potatoes for even cooking and optimum crispiness.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and Greek seasonings before air frying to add extra flavor.
- Flip the potatoes halfway through cooking to ensure they are crispy on all sides.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt or tzatziki for added creaminess.
- Experiment with adding other Greek ingredients, such as feta cheese or Kalamata olives, to the potatoes before air frying for a delicious twist on traditional Greek potato dishes.
How To Store Cooked Potatoes
Let the cooked potatoes cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container or plastic bag for storage in the refrigerator.
What to serve your Greek potatoes with
Some options to serve with your Greek potatoes include a Greek salad, grilled chicken or lamb, and tzatziki sauce. You could also serve them with traditional Greek condiments such as feta cheese, olives, and oregano. For a light meal, serve the potatoes alongside pita bread and hummus. Or for a heartier dish, serve them alongside a Greek-style fish or shrimp dish. Whichever way you choose to serve them, your Greek potatoes are sure to be a delicious addition to any meal.
How To Reheat Pototes In Air Fryer
1. Begin by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the potatoes in the basket of the air fryer, making sure not to overcrowd them.
3. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until they are heated through and slightly crispy on the outside.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy!
5. If you want extra crispy potatoes, try sprinkling them with a bit of Parmesan cheese before cooking. Or, you can add some diced onions or other veggies for a tasty side dish. Happy eating!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- THAWED CHICKEN WINGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG TARTS
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CHICKEN WONTONS
- CAN SILICONE MOLDS REALLY BE USED IN AN AIR FRYER?
- HOW TO REHEAT BREAD IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER FLATBREAD SANDWICH
- AIR FRYER TUNA MELT WRAP
Looking for a healthy and delicious side dish? Try air fryer Greek potatoes! They're crispy, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion. Plus, they're easy to make and require just a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Cut potatoes into small chunks and place them in a large bowl.
Mix in olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, Greek Seasoning, oregano, and black pepper until the potatoes are evenly coated.
Place the seasoned potato chunks into the air fryer basket and set them to 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Serve with feta cheese, olives, and a squeeze of lemon for a delicious Mediterranean twist. Enjoy!