Air Fryer Flatbread Sandwich — Would you believe you can make a delicious, full-sized flatbread sandwich in your air fryer? It’s true! With just a few simple ingredients and a quick cook time, you can have a perfect lunch or dinner. Plus, this recipe is so versatile – you can fill it with whatever ingredients you like. Give it a try today!
I know what you’re thinking. “Another air fryer recipe?!” But trust me, this flatbread sandwich is insanely delicious and worth trying out. The best part is that it’s so customizable, so you can make it however you like. I’ll show you how to make mine, but feel free to experiment with your toppings! Want some ideas? How about roast beef, caramelized onions, and melted cheese? Or maybe roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and mozzarella? The possibilities are endless! So give this a try next time you’re in the mood for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. You won’t be disappointed.
What Is A Flatbread Sandwich?
Have you ever wondered what a flatbread sandwich is? A flatbread sandwich is a type of sandwich that uses a flatbread as bread. Flatbreads can be made with many different kinds of toppings, usually easy to make. So if you’re looking for a new type of sandwich to try, or you want an easy lunch option, check out some of these recipes for flatbread sandwiches!
Why Make Flatbread Sandwiches In The Air Fryer?
Cooks all around the world love to make flatbread sandwiches. They’re a great way to use up leftover vegetables and meats, and you can customize them to fit any taste. But if you want to make them in the air fryer, you may be wondering why. Well, here are three reasons why you should start making your flatbread sandwiches in the air fryer:
- Air fryers are a great way to cook food without using oil, which means that your sandwiches will be healthier.
- Air-fried sandwiches cook more quickly than those cooked in an oven or on the stovetop, so you’ll have your lunch ready in no time.
- The high heat of the air perfectly melts the cheese for a gooey and delicious sandwich!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Flatbread Sandwich
Have you ever made a flatbread sandwich? They are effortless to make, and they are so good! In this blog post, I will share with you the ingredients that you will need to make an air fryer flatbread sandwich. So, if you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make lunch or dinner idea, keep reading!
- Naan Bread (Or Flatbread)
- Olive Oil
- Asiago Cheddar Cheese
- Deli Meat: Salami, Ham, Pepperoni
- Vegetables: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red Onions, and Pepperoncini
- Sesaonings: Garlic Powder and Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Flatbread Sandwich
Start by pre-heating the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Place the naan bread in the air fryer basket. Brush the bread with olive oil.
Place the cheese, salami, ham, and pepperoni on top. Sprinkle it with garlic powder and black pepper. Next, add the diced pepperoncini and place it in the air fryer.
Cook for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove it from the air fryer and top it with lettuce, tomato, and red onion. Fold it over and slice it in half.
What Flatbread To Use:
There are so many options of what flatbread you can use. Whether you are looking for a quick gluten-free meal or low-carb or keto-friendly lunch option, this recipe will have you covered.
Some of my favorite flatbreads for air frying are:
Gluten-Free: Absolutely Gluten-Free Original Flatbread
Low Carb (Keto-Friendly: Mr. Tortilla 1 Net Carb Tortilla Wraps
Other Stuffing Suggestions:
Today, I made my favorite copycat recipe from Subway, but there are so many other ways that you can fill them. Here are some of my favorites!
Greek: Spinach, Feta, Shredded Mozzarella Chees, and diced tomatoes, served with Tzahkis sauce.
American: Try ham and cheese, or turkey and cheese
How To Store:
Refrigerator: Let the flatbread sandwich cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days.
Freezer: This is a great freezer meal. Freeze before or after cooking. Be sure to wrap in saran wrap a couple of times and then aluminum foil. Place the wrapped sandwiches into a freezer bag. They will last for 1 to 2 months.
Reheat: Defrost in the refrigerator overnight and then place into the air fryer basket and cook for 4 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees F, until the sandwich is warmed through.
Can you toast a sandwich in an air fryer?
Yes, the key is to add butter or olive oil to your sandwich and then place it into the air fryer basket. The butter or oil will help crisp your bread up, so you get a toasted sandwich from the air fryer.
How long should I air fry my sandwich?
The amount of time that you should air fry your sandwich will be about 4 to 8 m minutes, depending on how thick your sandwich is. Once your sandwich is toasted, remove it from the air fryer.
Can you heat a sandwich in an air fryer?
The air fryer is one of the best tools to have in your kitchen. Not only can you cook or reheat almost any recipe, but it also saves time by not hardening bread like a microwave would!
More Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes:
Looking for even more easy air fryer lunch recipes, here are some of my favorite Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes:
- Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Air Fryer Lobster Grilled Cheese
- Easy Air Fryer Pepperoni Grilled Cheese
- Copycat Arby’s Beef and Cheddar Sandwich
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Flatbread Sandwich
- 1 large Naan Bread, Flatbread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices Asiago Cheddar Cheese
- 6 slices salami, thinly sliced
- 3 slices ham
- 4 slices pepperoni, large slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Pepperoncini , diced
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 6 slices tomato
- 5 slices red onion
- Start by pre-heating the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Place the naan bread in the air fryer basket. Brush the bread with the olive oil.
- Place the cheese, salami, ham, and pepperoni on top.
- Sprinkle it with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Next, add the diced pepperoncini and place it in the air fryer.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove it from the air fryer and top it with the lettuce, tomato, and red onion. Fold it over and slice it in half.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer