Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwiches –What could be better than a delicious, healthy egg salad sandwich? How about one that’s cooked in your air fryer? These sandwiches are easy to make and will quickly become a favorite. Enjoy!
This is one of my favorite recipes. And if you are shaking your head wondering why this is an air fryer recipe. You have not lived until you have tried Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs. They are effortless. They are so easy. I usually do a batch every weekend and use them up during the week. Today’s lunch is Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwiches.
If you have not made a great sandwich of Egg Salad, you are so missing out. It is not much. You hard-boiled your eggs, mixed them with mayonnaise, added some seasonings, added some celery, and enjoyed a nice sandwich.
Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
If you have loved egg salad all of your life or just looking for a quick meal for your family, this is one of my favorites. This is also one of my favorite go-to meals, and I always keep some Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs in the refrigerator when I am running short on time or don’t know what to make for dinner or lunch!
This meal is aimed to please even your picky eaters in your family! Mixed with simple ingredients such as mayonnaise, celery, and red onions, seasoned perfectly with fresh dill, chives, paprika, salt, and pepper. I promise that this will become one of your favorite Air Fryer Meals!
Why You Will Love This Air Fried Egg Salad Recipe
Are you looking for a new and exciting way to make egg salad sandwiches? If so, you should try using an air fryer!
Air fryers are small appliances that use hot air for cooking food, including Hard Boiled Eggs! Here are some other reasons why you will love this recipe!
- Quick! Hard-boiled eggs in the air fryer only require 15 minutes to cook!
- Easy! With no water, you place the eggs into the air fryer, and they can cook up while you are cleaning your kitchen or making your side dish!
- Delicious! There is no better kid-friendly meal that they will all love. And you can make this gluten-free, keto-friendly, or even low carb! Eggs are a fantastic source of protein!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Red Onions
- Minced Garlic
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Seasonings: Dill, Chives, Paprika, Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwiches
This recipe is for the cooks who have an air fryer and are looking for recipes to try. Today, we’re going to make egg salad sandwiches. This is a great recipe that you can easily customize to your liking. All you need is some eggs and a few other ingredients, and you can make a great and easy lunch or dinner for your family!
Place your eggs into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 250 degrees F; using the air fryer setting—Cook for 15 minutes.
Place the cooked eggs into an ice-cold water bath for about 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs. Chop the eggs and put them into a large bowl. Chop the celery, dill, and chives and add them to the bowl.
Mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the large bowl and gently mix all ingredients.
Serve in a chilled dish or on thick, toasted bread.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwich
Fresh Herbs: Nothing will elevate your egg salad sandwich better than using fresh herbs. I used fresh dill and fresh chives. But you can easily substitute with dried spices.
Mayonnaise: You can easily substitute it with ripe avocado if you don’t want to use mayonnaise. I would recommend smashing the avocado in another bowl and mixing it with the other ingredients. This will create a better texture for your egg salad sandwich.
Egg Salad Sandwiches Add-Ins
If you’re looking for a way to switch up your egg salad sandwich, here are some fun add-ins to try! These ideas will give your egg salad a new flavor and texture. Plus, they’re all healthy options that will provide you with energy all day long. So get creative and enjoy your fresh egg salad sandwiches!
- Diced Bell Peppers
- PIckles or even Pickle Relish
- Diced Bacon (Cooked)
- Smoked Paprika
How to Avoid a Soggy Egg Salad Sandwich
If you’re like me, you love a great egg salad sandwich. But if you’re not careful, your egg salad can turn out pretty soggy. Here are a few tips to help avoid that:
- Use firm eggs, preferably boiled or poached
- Chop the eggs into small pieces rather than mashing them
- Add mayo and mustard in moderation – too much will make your sandwich soggy
- Use crunchy vegetables or fruits like celery, apples, or grapes to add some texture contrast
- Use high-quality bread and toast it lightly before assembling the sandwich
Follow these tips, and you’ll be enjoying a delicious and fresh egg salad sandwich every
Peeling and Slicing Eggs for Egg Salad
I have generally not had any trouble peeling my eggs. If you have a hard time cracking them, gently tap them on the counter and peel the shell away from the egg.
If your eggshell is sticking to your egg, run them under water and peel them. I have noticed that fresh eggs are harder to peel than older eggs.
Why cook eggs in the air fryer?
I have been cooking eggs in my air fryer since 2017. They are the easiest way to make hard-boiled eggs, and you don’t even need any water. So, the next time you are looking to take a batch of hard-boiled eggs for the beach, a get-together, or want to have some on hand, pop them into the air fryer. You will not be disappointed.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last?
They will last for about 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Over time the egg salad will start to wilt and won’t be as good as when you first made it. So cover it tightly with saran wrap, or place it into an airtight container.
Mix it well before you reserve it, and add some fresh herbs to brighten it up again!
What To Serve It With?
You can serve this with your favorite bread, and I enjoy using heavier bread such as an Artisan or Souroght bread. But you can also use whole grain, pita bread, or even a low-carb or gluten-free bread.
You can also serve it on top of a salad, which makes for a great summer meal (and healthy too)
More Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes
If you’re like me, you’ve been loving your air fryer lately. It’s been a great way to make quick and easy meals without heating up the kitchen. And if you’re a fan of sandwiches, you’re in luck – because there are tons of air fryer sandwich recipes out there! Here are some of my favorites with you. So fire up your air fryer, and let’s get cooking!
- AIR FRYER BLT WITH HARD-BOILED EGGS
- AIR FRYER HARDEE’S BIG HOT HAM ‘N’ CHEESE
- FROZEN CHICKEN PATTIES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER ST. PATRICK’S DAY RAINBOW GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA SANDWICHES
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons dill, diced
- 2 tablespoons chives, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place your eggs into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 250 degrees F; using the air fryer setting—Cook for 15 minutes.
- Place the cooked eggs into an ice-cold water bath for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs. Chop the eggs and put them into a large bowl. Chop the celery, dill, and chives and add them to the bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the large bowl and gently mix all ingredients.
- Serve in a chilled dish or on thick, toasted bread.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer