Bacon is one of America’s favorite foods, and it is truly amazing on a croissant sandwich. You can grab a similar sandwich at Burger King. Today, I made it in my air fryer, you will save a few dollars and a few hundred calories
Facts About Bacon-
- The meat bacon is really just the meat from the pig’s belly or back. Most of the bacon at the grocery stores is salt-cured. Which is one of the reasons, why it’s sold in a sealed package.
- The United States mostly sells side pork, which is cut from the side of the pig. If you go visit other countries and have a chance to eat some of the bacon they sell, you will realize it is much different.
- The salt-cured means that it was soaked in a mixture of salt, nitrates, and sugar, and smoked before you purchase it. Trader Joe’s sells nitrate-free bacon, as well as Whole Foods.
Tips For Air Frying Bacon-
- Always, preheat the air fryer, bacon tends to cook better on a hot surface. This is because it basically creates a char as soon as it hits the hot air fryer basket.
- Spread out the bacon, so it’s flat in the air fryer. A lot of people who use air fryers are usually trying to get more food in the basket than the basket can handle. This just makes it cook unevenly.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F. (air fryer setting)
- If you add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket, you will prevent smoke that occurs, when you are air frying bacon. (Only for basket models)
- If you are air frying your bacon in a basket-type air fryer, try this trick, put a piece of bread under the basket (in between the outer basket and inner basket)
Types Of Bacon-
There are actually several different varieties and names for bacon, depending on what country they originate in. Turkey Bacon is really popular in America. Italian bacon is called Panchetta and is really the pork belly. Canadian bacon is called bacon, but American’s usually refer to it as ham, as it resembles and tastes more like ham.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This was an incredibly easy recipe, it included both fried eggs and candied bacon in the air fryer, one pan for easy cleanup. Today, I used my air fryer oven, Omni
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 croissants
- cheese is optional but would make a great addition
- I started by placing my bacon in the air fryer and then rubbed brown sugar over them. Set the air fryer for 400 degrees F, for 7 minutes, after 3 minutes, I flipped rubbed some more brown sugar over them and continued cooking them.
- Finished candied bacon, air fryer style.
- Drained the pan, and left a touch of the bacon fat on it, cracked my eggs, and air fried at 250 degrees F, for 5 minutes. This will depend on your air fryer, just make sure the whites are cooked. I ended up flipping mine.
- Then once the eggs are cooked, plate your breakfast, I did it on a croissant, then bacon and then the eggs, you could have added a slice of cheese, which would have been awesome.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: reheat croissant air fryer power air fryer oven candied bacon casseroles in air fryer air fryer machine recipes bacon in air fryer reddit crappie fish in air fryer bacon egg and cheese croissant recipe bacon and cheese croissant bacon, egg and cheese croissant burger king bacon, egg & cheese croissant dunkin calories healthy avocado breakfast sandwich bacon egg avocado keto breakfast vegan avocado breakfast sandwich avocado bacon egg toast avocado breakfast bowl avocado breakfast toast frozen biscuits in air fryer oven pillsbury grand biscuits in air fryer air fryer breakfast ideas how to make biscuits in airfryer air fryer biscuit donuts nuwave biscuits