Warm up on a cold day with a bowl of delicious Minestrone Soup. This classic Italian soup is made with fresh vegetables, pasta, and Parmesan cheese. It’s the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
Best of all, this soup can be made in the Instant Pot in just minutes! Want to try it out? Keep reading for the recipe!
This recipe is so much better than any minestrone soup in stores, and it’s a great homemade recipe that tastes amazing!
And it’s such a thick soup of Italian origin and easy minestrone soup, a perfect soup for those winter days!
Why I Love This Easy Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup is amazing! This classic minestrone soup tastes just like the restaurant version! So, if you are a fan of olive garden, check this soup out! It’s truly amazing!
Growing up in an Italian household, my mom would make a batch of Minestrone soup every week. In an Italian household, it’s made with whatever vegetables are left in the refrigerator at the end of the week.
Today, I am attempting to make a copycat version of the extremely popular Olive Garden Minestrone Soup. It is a really simple pressure cooking recipe and a family favorite. My kids really love it, and it’s a filling meal. I usually serve it with a salad or a plate of pasta with marinara sauce.
This is a vegetarian soup, so if you eat vegetarian or have guests coming over that are, this is a perfect food to serve. This is a perfect Instant Pot Dump Soup!
What Is In Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup?
Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup is one of the easiest soups to make. You only need a few ingredients, and it’s perfect for a cold winter day. But what is an Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup? And how do you make it? Keep reading to find out.
Ingredients For Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
If you love Olive Garden soup, you’re going to love this recipe. It’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
Most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry, and you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, it really couldn’t be any less fuss.
So gather up everything you need and get started. You’ll have a delicious bowl of soup in no time!
Below are the step-by-step instructions, in the printable recipe card, you will need the following ingredients:
- Vegetable Broth: You can also use chicken stock or beef broth. Use either low sodium vegetable broth or low-sodium vegetable broth.
- Vegetables: Diced tomatoes, Celery, Carrots, Onions, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Green Beans, and Spinach. These are my favorite options, but you can use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge!
- Herbs: Parsley, Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, Salt, Black Pepper, Italian Seasoning, and Bay Leaf.
- Pasta: Use any pasta, including gluten-free pasta, shells, or any small shell pasta. You can use keto-friendly pasta and low-carb pasta.
- Beans: Hearty beans such as Dark or red Kidney Beans and White Kidney Beans
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Diced Ham – So this is totally optional, this is a Vegan Minestrone Soup. However, if you would like some meat throughout it, just chop up some ham (or bacon) and sautée it with your onions! You can also use a meaty stock to add some richness if you prefer
How To Make The Best Pressure Cooker Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Step 1: Cut the vegetables
Start by cutting up all of your healthy vegetables, it will help you add everything later on.
Step 2: Saute the vegetables
Pour your oil into the Instant Pot bowl, then press the saute button, let the Instant Pot heat up for about 30 seconds, then pour the onions in. Saute for about 3 minutes, just until they are softened.
Step 3: Mix in the rest of the ingredients
Then press the cancel button on the Instant Pot, and add the rest of the ingredients (with the exception of Cheese and spinach leaves), mix well. This way, everything (mostly the pasta) has emerged in liquid.
Step 4: Pressure cook the soup
Add your lid, make sure the vent is closed and set the manual high pressure and cooking time to 4 minutes.
When the time is up, let it naturally pressure release, do not do a quick release. Otherwise, you will end up with soup all over your kitchen. When all of the pressure is down and the vent has dropped, then open it CAREFULLY, remove the lid, mix well, season and mix in the spinach.
Continue to mix until the spinach has wilted.
Ladle into bowls and serve with a helping of Parmesan cheese.
How To Make Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Recipe On The Stove Top
Minestrone soup is one of the most popular soups at Olive Garden, and it’s easy to make on the stovetop. It has a flavorful tomato-based broth, which uses no tomato paste!
- Add the olive oil, to the saucepan, over medium-high heat, and heat the oil. Then add the onions, and saute for a couple of minutes until they are softened. Then add the vegetables (except the spinach), and cook, until all of the vegetables are softened. Mix well so they do not burn.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and over low heat, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Then add the dried pasta. Continue to cook until the pasta is fully cooked.
- Add in the spinach and stir well until it has wilted.
- Serve with some shredded cheese – Parmesan is my favorite!
Pro Tips For The Best Instant Pot Minestrone
- Freezing The Soup: If you want to freeze the soup, omit the pasta since pasta does not freeze and thaw well. Make sure to use freezer-safe containers.
- Preparation: Since this recipe needs a lot of fresh vegetables, you can always prep the veggies ahead of time. Store them in Ziploc bags.
- Types of Beans: This is a hearty and delicious soup, you can use any canned beans such as cannellini beans, navy beans, or red kidney beans. This is a traditional Italian soup, so use any of your favorites, this makes for a great vegetable soup recipe!
- Vegetables: Although this is a copycat olive garden recipe, great options are minced garlic, fresh basil, baby spinach, yellow squash, tomato sauce, bell pepper, or any other viable. This recipe has lots of vegetables, perfect for the winter months. So, the next time you head to the grocery stores, look around and pick up some vegetables in season!
- Pasta: Use dry pasta shells, small shells, or any other small pasta.
- Release: For best results, allow the soup to come to natural pressure release, other than using quick pressure release. That will make a great mess in your kitchen, and it allows a longer cook time. The natural release will allow the remaining pressure to be released. Remember to wait until the ceiling valve has gone down completely before opening the pressure cooker.
- Slow Cooker: You can also make this recipe in a slow cooker or crockpot.
Make Ahead Tips
If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty soup that is perfect for serving on any day of the week, this Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup will not disappoint.
It’s easy enough to make up ahead, but for best results, wait to add the pasta to the soup until right before serving. You can cook the pasta on the stovetop, drain it, and then pour it into the soup right before serving – this is going to prevent the pasta from going soggy!
What is the best way to store this Minestrone Soup?
For best results, let the soup cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. Put it into the refrigerator. It will last for about 3 to 4 days.
How can I reheat Olive Garden Copycat Soup?
Place any leftovers into a microwave-safe dish and heat until warmed through. You can also reheat it in a small saucepan over low-medium heat until warm.
What To Serve With Minestrone Soup Olive Garden
Some great options for pairing with minestrone soup from Olive Garden include a tossed salad with Italian dressing, garlic bread, or even a crusty loaf of sourdough crusty bread.
Alternatively, for a heartier meal, try serving the soup with a protein such as grilled chicken or shrimp. The possibilities are endless! Just remember to keep the side dishes light and complementary to the flavors in the soup.
Some Common Questions About This Recipe
Is This Minestrone A Vegan Soup?
If you’re a vegan, the answer to that question is probably a resounding “yes!” But even if you’re not, this minestrone soup might just become one of your favorite dishes. It’s hearty, healthy, and flavorful – and most importantly, it’s easy to make.
Is Olive Garden’s Minestrone Soup Gluten-Free?
If you’re like me, Olive Garden’s Minestrone Soup is one of your favorite items on the menu. But, if you’re gluten-free, you may be wondering if it’s safe to eat.
I did some digging and found out that while the soup doesn’t have a gluten-free certification, it is considered gluten-free by Olive Garden.
Is This Minestrone Soup Healthy?
Do you love soup but are worried that it might not be healthy for you? Don’t worry – this minestrone soup is packed with nutrients and flavorful ingredients.
You’ll never believe just how healthy soup can be! Keep reading to find out more about this delicious recipe. These might be your favorite things you make in your pressure cooker! This Instant pot minestrone soup recipe uses a lot of vegetables!
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
If you love this Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup, here are some more of my favorite soups to try:
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- INSTANT POT COPYCAT PANERA’S BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR SOUP
- EASY INSTANT POT CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
- INSTANT POT FRENCH ONION SOUP
Did you love this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a comment below if you thought this was better than Olive Garden Minestrone Soup!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Pin this for later and follow me on Pinterest for all the latest updates!
Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons parsley, dried
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/3 cup zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 1/3 cup pasta, any type
- 15 ounces dark kidney beans
- 15 ounces white navy beans
- 14.5 ounces green beans
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Serving: Salt and Pepper to Taste, Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Start by cutting up all of your vegetables. It will help you add everything later on.
- Pour your oil into the Instant Pot bowl, then press the saute button, let the Instant Pot heat up for about 30 seconds, then pour the onions in. Saute for about 3 minutes, just until they are softened.
- Then press the cancel button on the Instant Pot, and add the rest of the ingredients (except for cheese and spinach), mix well. This way, everything (mostly the pasta) has emerged in liquid.
- Add your lid, make sure the vent is closed and set the manual high pressure for 4 minutes.es.
- When the time is up, let it naturally release. When all of the pressure is down and the vent has dropped, then open it, CAREFULLY, remove the lid, mix well, season and mix in the spinach.
- Continue to mix until the spinach has wilted. Ladle into bowls and serve with a helping of Parmesan cheese.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot