Today is a freezing and windy day in Philadelphia, so I decided to make some of my favorite Instant Pot Corn Chowder.
Made with the traditional ingredients of Corn Chowder and a healthy amount of corn, this is a really great and easy soup to pressure cook. If you love soup, you will totally love this soup, rich and creamy corn chowder.
If you are looking for some other great Instant Pot Soups, some of my favorites are Copycat Panera Broccoli, and Cheese Soup, Instant Pot Tomato Soup, and of course, my mother’s Italian Minestrone Soup made in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Corn Chowder
For This Soup, I used a blend of fresh and frozen ingredients; you will need:
- Olive Oil
- Red & Green Bell Peppers
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Russet Potatoes
How To Make Instant Pot Corn Chowder
Turn the Instant Pot setting to saute, add the oil, onion, and peppers, saute until the vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
Then add in the broth, potatoes, and corn, and mix well. Add your IP lid and set the time for 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt your butter in your microwave and then mix the flour and milk into it (to make a rue). When the IP is done, let it naturally release. Then when the pressure comes down, mix in the rue to the soup.
I made some bacon and sprinkled it on top.
Some Common Questions Asked About Making Instant Pot Corn Chowder
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Corn?
In this recipe, I used frozen corn. But you can easily change this out to fresh corn if in season. Just substitute the same quantities, changing out 4 cups of frozen corn for fresh corn.
You can also use canned corn if you can not find either fresh or frozen corn. Just add 4 cups of canned corn (drained).
How to thicken up Instant Pot Corn Chowder?
I used a simple rue of flour and water, to thicken up the soup. If you want it thinner, you can omit it. Also, if you want a smoother soup, you can use an Immersion Blender and blend until smooth.
WHAT CAN I SERVE IT WITH?
I love serving it plain, but you know what works amazing well with Chili is Cornbread, here are some of my favorite cornbread recipes:
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE–
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, peeled and diced
- 4 cups of chicken broth (use vegetarian if you want this to be a vegan recipe)
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 4 cups of frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- Turn the Instant Pot setting to saute, add the oil, onion, and peppers, saute until the vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Then add in the broth, potatoes, and corn, and mix well.
- Add your IP lid and set the time for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in your microwave, melt your butter and then mix the flour and milk into it (to make a rue)
- When the IP is done, let it naturally release. Then when the pressure comes down, mix in the rue to the soup.
- I made some bacon and sprinkled it on top.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 1047mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 14g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.