I love nothing but a great soup, and it is one of the reasons that I purchased my Instant Pot since I’m already a huge advocate and user of my Air Fryers, this is something that the air fryers, just can’t do. So, when the winter months come to Philadelphia, I am already ready with a batch of hot soup for the family. If you have been following me for a while, or watch my live videos, you probably already know that my youngest son goes to a hockey rink for school. This means, that he is surrounded by ice all day long, so when he lives the rink, he is REALLY ready for a batch of hot and homemade soup.
I try to get a new recipe every day for the month of January, which is one of my website’s goals, so if you are looking for soup recipes, for the Instant Pot, this is the place to go.
Here are some tips, on how to make the best Instant Pot Soups:
- Since most soups call for some sort of vegetables, usually onions, celery, and carrots. I always add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the Instant Pot and then press the saute feature. This does two things, it gets the vegetables ready for cooking, and it saves me a pan to wash since I don’t have to use another pan.
- Always, with a few exceptions brown your meat, with the saute function, before adding liquid. With a few exceptions, mostly with ground meat, any meat that you add to the Instant Pot dish, the flavor can be dramatically increased, by just searing the meat on all sides (about 3-4 minutes per side), by using the saute function.
- Some soups, mostly cream of anything, really could benefit from an immersion blender, I found this especially true when I was making homemade tomato soup. The blender, (pouring the soup from the Instant Pot to the blender) was not as easy as one would think, I picked up this one from Amazon, for $29.99.
- Another really great tip, especially if you are trying to make soups during the winter when the weather is always bad, keep lots and lots of chicken broth, beef broth and vegetable broth on hand, most of the soups for the INstnat POt, require liquid and stocking up on these can be a real savior. My mother would always keep on hand a bunch of starters, which in the long run were much cheaper than buying broths,
Soup Setting on the Instant Pot:
Meat/Stew setting on the Instant Pot, but if you were wondering how you use them. The default setting for the meat/stew button is 35 minutes, but with the + and – arrow, you can adjust the time for your recipe.
Soup/Broth I usually do not use these, but the default is that the Instant Pot will keep your soup from boiling. So it will be a slow simmer when you use this button.
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
Instant Pot, Copycat Panera’s Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
This is one of my family’s favorite recipes. I love it because it is more of a dump and go recipe, which is great when you are in a rush for making dinner.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- In your Instant Pot bowl, pour the diced carrots, shredded carrots, broccoli florets, chicken broth and cream cheese.
- Mix well.
- Then add the lid, making sure that the vent is in the sealed position.
- Set manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the time is up, do a quick release.
- Pour in the heavy cream, and shredded cheese, and keep on stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: panera broccoli cheddar soup ingredients panera broccoli cheddar soup nutrition is panera broccoli cheddar soup healthy broccoli cheddar soup tasty cheddar broccoli soup from scratch copycat panera broccoli cheddar soup myrecipes broccoli cheddar soup slow cooker panera broccoli cheddar soup vegetarian