Nothing is better for lunch than homemade Air Fryer Cheesy Black Bean Quesadillas. This would make for a fabulous lunch or dinner on meatless Mondays.
Air Fryer Quesadillas is a leisurely lunch or dinner menu idea that the entire family will love. You can fill them with almost anything. Today I chose black beans and sauteed poblanos, and smothered them with shredded pepper jack cheese for a great and easy lunch idea.
The fun part of this meal is the toppings. While I poured some salsa on top, there are so many different ways you can top them, which are a great kid-friendly and family-friendly meal.
So, if you absolutely love quesadillas, you must try this recipe, have a quesadilla night, and then air fry everyone’s creations!
If you want any more Air Fryer Mexican Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE, AIR FRYER, MEXICAN PIZZA (TACO BELL COPYCAT RECIPE) AIR FRYER, HOMEMADE MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES and PRESSURE COOKER, INSTANT POT, MEXICAN RICE.
Why You Will Fall In Love With Making Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Fun Dinner or Lunch Idea
- Absolutely delicious; the air fryer does a fantastic job of crisping up the tortilla shell.
- So versatile; anything goes with these, so choose your family’s favorite, or have everyone make their own. They will love it! It’s so great for family nights, movie nights, and even parties!
Ingredients For Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Poblano Peppers
- Black Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Shredded Mexican Cheese, Shredded Pepper Jack, or Shredded Colby Jack
- Toppings: Salsa, Sour Cream, Cheese, etc.
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
Start with your filling. Today I used simple black beans (warmed up and mixed with the taco seasoning) and some sauteed poblanos.
Place the tortilla on a flat surface and then spread about 1/2 cup of the black bean mixture on the tortilla, scatter some sauteed poblano peppers on top and add some cheese.
Place the tortilla into the air fryer tray or basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Note: to get the tortilla shell really crisp, I sprayed mine with cooking spray (olive oil spray) I sprayed both sides after I flipped the tortilla.
TIPS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER CHEESY BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
- Depending on which air fryer you own, you might need to fold or cut your tortillas to make them fit.
- Flipping halfway is essential; this way, both sides get crispy.
- If you want them to crisp up, spray them generously with cooking spray.
- Ensure the tortillas are filled enough so they do not fly into the heating element.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT HOSTESS CUPCAKES
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
- EASY AIR FRYER BANANA BREAD
- AIR FRYER HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER HASSELBACK POTATOES
- MY GRANDMOTHER’S AIR FRYER CHICKEN MILANESE
The Air Fryer Used In This Recipe-
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Air Fryer Cheesy Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1/2 cup poblano peppers, sauteed
- 2 cups black beans, warmed
- 1 teaspoon poblano peppers
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
Toppings: Guacamole, Sour Cream, Salsa, Cheese, etc.
- Start with your filling. Today I used simple black beans (warmed up and mixed with the taco seasoning) and some sauteed poblanos.
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface and then spread about 1/2 cup of the black bean mixture on the tortilla, scatter some sauteed poblano peppers on top and add some cheese.
- Place the tortilla into the air fryer tray or basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes, flip and air fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray