Today, I made a simple Air Fryer, Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla. It was amazing, my kids truly loved it, and it’s super simple to make.
This is one of the best quesadillas I have ever had, and it was truly amazing. If you have never made quesadillas in your air fryer, you are so missing out.
This is a great option for meatless Monday or just a vegan option. It is loaded with protein from the beans and cheese. Yesterday, I stopped up on black beans (sale) and wanted to find something amazing to make for the website, and these are my son’s favorite, so I tried them. Oh my gosh! I might be putting some Mexican restaurants out of business; they are so good!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Mexican Inspired Air Fryer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER QUESO (MEXICAN CHEESE DIP), AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN RECIPE, TACO BELL MEXICAN PIZZA RECIPE IN THE AIR FRYER and AIR FRYER, MEXICAN CHICKEN FOIL PACKET.
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas
They are amazing, and they are so easy to make. With the help of the Air Fryer, the tortillas are perfectly crisped up, and the cheese is all oozing out.
If you love a great Quedailla, you will love these. They are very filling, although there is no meat inside of them. The black beans provide a great and hearty filling which is a great option for vegetarians looking for Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla Ingredients:
- Black Bans
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Southwestern Spice
- Flour or Whole-Wheat Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese
- Your Favorite Toppings: Sour cream, Olives, Diced Tomatoes, Shredded Cheese, Green Onions, etc.
How To Make Air Fryer Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
Start by filling in a large skillet, add the black beans, corn, diced red pepper, and a couple of teaspoons of Southwestern Spice. Then turn the temperature to medium, and saute until slightly softened. Mix well while it cooks, for about 3-5 minutes.
Add about 1/4 cup of filling to the side of the tortilla.
Then add about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top of the filling.
Fold the tortilla. Place the tortillas onto the air fryer tray or basket, and spray with olive oil (this will help them to crisp up)
Set the basket or tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes; when you have 3 minutes left, flip the quesadillas, spray again with olive oil, and then continue the air frying time.
How To Store Air Fryer Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla
If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days.
To Reheat Leftover Quesadillas In the Air Fryer: Place the refrigerated quesadillas into the air fryer basket, spray with cooking spray, and heat for about 3 minutes at 330 degrees F air fryer setting.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla
These are a great meal-prep idea, and they reheat so well in the Air Fryer. Make as directed, but before you air fry them. Place them on parchment paper on a baking tray. Pop the baking tray into the freezer until the Quesadillas are frozen solid.
Remove the frozen Queaillss and place them into a freezer bag. They will last for about 1 to 2 months.
To Cook Frozen Quesilalas In The Air Fryer: Set them into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 to 10 minutes. Flipping halfway through the cooking process. Remove when heated through.
What Kind of Seasoning Should I Use?
Today, I used one of my favorite go-to spices, which I found many years ago. I use it in most of my Mexican Inspired Air Fryer Dishes, Southwestern Spice.
I find that it gives a great balance of Tex-Mex Spice to the dish.
If you do not have any Southwestern Spice, you can easily substitute it for taco seasoning, either homemade or store-bought.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla
This is a great quick lunch that you can serve alone, but if you want to make it into a meal, some of my favorite dishes to serve this with are:
- AIR FRYER, HOMEMADE MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas Ingredients:
- 15.5 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons southwestern spice
- 2 8 inch tortillas, flour or whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese, ( I used both shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack )
Sour cream, diced olives, diced tomatoes, diced scallions, salsa, guacamole, etc.
- Start by making the filling in a large skillet, add the black beans, corn, diced red pepper, and a couple of teaspoons of southwestern spice Then turn the temperature to medium, and saute until slightly softened, mix well, while it cooks, for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup of filling to the side of the tortilla.
- Then add about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top of the filling.
- Fold the tortilla.
- Place the tortillas onto the air fryer tray or basket, and spray with olive oil (this will help them to crisp up)
- Set the basket or tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. When you have 3 minutes left, flip the quesadillas, spray again with olive oil, and then continue the air frying time.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper