Today, I kicked off back to school (my kids started yesterday) with some homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
These are semi-healthy because they are made with old-fashioned oatmeal, if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done the cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
These cookies go by a lot of different names, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Traditional Mexican Wedding Cookies, but whatever you can call them, they are light and airy and delicious. Russian Tea Cakes.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (pure)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup diced pecans
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- Start by mixing the powdered sugar, salt, and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until the butter and sugar have creamed together, this will make for a lighter cookie.
- Then mix in the vanilla extra, almond extract, sugar, flour, and pecans. Mix well.
- Then spray your tray (see instructions on how to make cookies in an air fryer basket, in the post) with non-stick or olive oil spray. USe about a tablespoon of batter to make a round ball and then pat it somewhat down.
- Set in the air fryer oven/basket and set the temperature to 340 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- Let cool, before rolling in powdered sugar.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: mexican wedding cookies recipe italian wedding cookies giada mexican wedding cookies with cinnamon danish wedding cookies mexican wedding cookies paula deen russian wedding cookies traditional mexican wedding cake chocolate mexican wedding cakes archway wedding cake cookies mexican bridal cakes mexican wedding cakes without nuts mexican wedding cake in spanish how to store mexican wedding cookies can mexican wedding cookies be frozen powdered sugar cookie balls atk mexican wedding cookies best butterball cookie recipe how to store snowball cookies williams sonoma cookie board star shaped chocolate cookies williams sonoma royal icing recipe williams sonoma cookies cookbook william sonoma shortbread cookie recipe chocolate star cookies