Yummy! How about some Air Fryer, Mexican Chicken Foil Packet, prepared with cajun chicken seasoning, corn, salsa, and black beans, great for those on a low-fat diet.
Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
This chicken was a huge hit with my kids, and it was an easy meal. And isn’t it easy, when the entire family east the same meal?
This chicken dish can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
- Instant Pot Vortex Air FryerJ.A. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is my first foil meal, but it won't be the last, this is one of the easiest items to make in the air fryer, and it's full of flavor, this time I used black beans, salsa, and corn, for a truly awesome flavor.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tesapoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
Start by placing your chicken breast down on a piece of foil. The foil should be large enough to wrap around the chicken breast.
Season your chicken breast with salt, pepper and chili powder
Then place 1/2 cup of black beans, 1/2 cup of canned corn and 1/2 cup of salsa on top of the chicken.
wrap up the chicken, and place it either in the air fryer basket or in an air fryer safe pan, Set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 7 minutes, after 7 minutes flip your package (be careful, because some juice will come out, and the juice will be HOT) air fry for another 7 minutes.
Check your chicken when it's done air frying with a meat thermometer when fully cooked, remove from package.
A great meal idea would be to place it on rice, top with some cheese, and other items.
Plate, serve and enjoy!