Chicken wings are the best game day food, there are so many varieties that you can make. When I was growing up, a long, long time ago, I do not remember that there were special Chicken Wing restaurants, but by the time I got married, my husband and I would venture out to a local Chicken Wing restaurant, in Cleveland, called Winking Lizard Tavern, it was amazing. When we moved to New Hampshire, we, of course, had the chain, Buffalo Wild Wings (although I don’t know how it got its nickname BW3-although looking Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck).
Amazing wings, it’s one of the main reasons I purchased an air fryer. Making wings at home has made my two teenagers, thrilled. I have also been saving a ton of money.
They come out nice, light and juicy. Wings are amazing, and there are many restaurants around the United States that only sell wings, so there are thousands of varieties out there. So, I’m hoping to hit them all. My kids would love me. They are popular in the football season; they are the ultimate game day food, so maybe I can perfect them, before the next Superbowl, or at least opening day.
There are basic tips for making chicken wings in your air fryer, and I hope they help you with your air-fried wings.
- While frozen wings will work in the air fryer, thawed wings taste better. If you are short of time, or are like me and always forget to take the meat out of the freezer, use a thaw board. (I have had this since, I got married, so it works and lasts)
- Dry the wings before you season them. This will make the season stick on better, just use a paper towel and blot the chicken wings.
- Season your wings, before you add any marinade to them, this will raise the flavor level of the wings.
- Shake the basket, many times throughout the cooking process, this way the wings will cook more evenly.
- I cook my wings at a lower temperature and then in the last 5 minutes; I increase the temperature, which gives it a crunchier texture.
- If you are using frozen wings, just add 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Air Fryer, Vortex Plus (Found only at Wal-Mart)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
These are the best chicken wings, you can eat them as they are because they have tons of flavor and are just naturally delicious, or you can add a sauce any sauce would be great with these.
Note: You must flip them 2 times, during the cooking process, so each side gets nicely done.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- Start by making the mix of sea salt, black pepper, and garlic salt.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken wings.
- Set them the air fryer basket or oven and set the temperature for 400 degrees for 30 minutes, Flipping or tossing the chicken at the half waypoint.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!