Blackstone Chicken — Are you looking for new, exciting ways to cook chicken on your Blackstone Griddle? Look no further! Below, we’ll explore the Blackstone chicken recipe that will impress.
From grilled marinated chicken skewers to crispy bacon-wrapped smoked jalapeno poppers, these recipes will take your griddle cooking game to the next level. Ready to get started? Let’s dive in and see what deliciousness awaits!
The Best Blackstone Griddle Chicken Recipe
If you’re a fan of grilling, you likely know that the Blackstone griddle isn’t just another piece of outdoor cooking equipment. It’s a game-changer. It takes your grilling game to a new level with its versatility and ability to retain heat, making it perfect for a wide range of dishes. Today, we will focus on a universally loved ingredient – chicken. We’re revealing our favorite Blackstone Griddle Chicken Recipe that’ll have you savoring every juicy, flavorful bite.
This is usually going to be the best thing you cook on your outdoor griddle that the whole family will love!
Why the Blackstone Griddle?
The Blackstone Griddle is unique because it provides a flat top surface perfect for cooking various foods. Unlike a traditional grill, small ingredients won’t fall through grates. Plus, it’s perfect for achieving that desirable crispy crust on your chicken while retaining its juicy interior.
The result is a juicy chicken dish that will soon become a family favorite!
Why Cook Chicken On The Blackstone Grill
Cooking chicken on the Blackstone Griddle can offer a number of unique benefits compared to other methods of cooking:
- Even Cooking: The flat surface of the Blackstone Griddle provides consistent and even heat distribution, which results in more evenly cooked chicken. This is particularly useful for chicken breasts, which can dry out if not cooked properly.
- Versatility: The griddle surface allows for cooking a variety of chicken cuts, including breasts, thighs, wings, and even smaller pieces like diced chicken for stir-fry or fajitas.
- Seared Flavor: The high, consistent heat of the griddle allows you to achieve a desirable seared crust on your chicken, which is not only texturally appealing but also enhances the flavor by caramelizing the natural sugars in the chicken. This is often referred to as the Maillard reaction.
- Space: The large cooking surface of the Blackstone Griddle can accommodate more food at once compared to a regular pan, making it a great option for cooking for larger groups.
- Juiciness: The griddle’s flat surface means there’s no place for the juices to go back into your chicken, helping it stay moist and flavorful.
- Accompaniments: Besides cooking chicken, the griddle is also perfect for preparing accompaniments like vegetables, or warming up sauces, allowing you to complete an entire meal on one cooking surface.
- Less Fat Needed: Because of its non-stick surface, you can use less oil or butter than you might in a regular pan, making for healthier cooking.
In conclusion, cooking chicken on the Blackstone Griddle can result in a delicious, evenly-cooked, juicy meal while offering the convenience of preparing multiple foods simultaneously.
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone Griddle
Cooking on a Blackstone griddle is becoming increasingly popular due to the unique flavors and textures it can create. From egg omelets to char-grilled vegetables, Blackstone griddles are great for creating gourmet meals at home!
However, simple ingredients and components are essential to get the best results with a Blackstone Griddle like oil, paper towels, plates, or cutting boards. Below, we will discuss what these ingredients are and how they’re used to help you achieve delicious dishes every time you use your griddle. So keep reading if you want to become an expert at cooking on a Blackstone Griddle!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or Boneless, Skinless chicken thighs serve as the protein source for this dish. Opt for high-quality, fresh chicken for the best flavor.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil coats the chicken and prevents it from sticking to the griddle. Olive oil, or sesame oil, also enhances the flavor of the chicken.
- Garlic Powder: Gives the chicken a robust, savory flavor that complements the other spices. You can also use fresh ginger for much flavor.
- Onion Powder: Onion powder contributes a slightly sweet, complex flavor to the dish; another option is diced yellow onion.
- Paprika: Adds a warm, smoky flavor and a lovely color to the chicken.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: These are used to taste, enhancing the natural flavors of the chicken and other ingredients.
- Lemon: The freshly squeezed juice of one lemon adds a tangy freshness that balances out the rich flavors of the spices.
- Fresh Herbs: A handful of finely chopped fresh herbs like parsley, thyme, and rosemary infuse the chicken with an aromatic flavor. Fresh herbs will give your chicken a more vibrant flavor than dried herbs.
- Sauce: Use BBQ Sauce, your favorite sauce, or sour cream for serving.
How To Cook Chicken On Blackstone Griddle
Are you a beginner griddle chef looking for some delicious ideas on how to cook chicken? Well, look no further! Cooking chicken on your Blackstone griddle can be an easy and enjoyable adventure.
Whether you are new to the outdoor kitchen scene or have been using your Blackstone Griddle for years, these tips and recipes will help ensure that your chicken dishes taste fabulous. Get ready to take your grilling game up a notch with succulent grilled chicken that is sure to impress family and guests alike!
Preparation: Start by preparing the chicken breasts. Pat them dry with a paper towel. This is a crucial step to achieve the desired sear.
Marination: In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. Stir well to create a marinade. Immerse the chicken breasts in the marinade, ensuring they’re well-coated. Let them marinate for at least an hour. You can leave it in the refrigerator overnight for a more intense flavor.
Cooking: Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. Once heated, arrange the chicken breasts on the griddle. They should sizzle upon contact. Cook to 6-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Resting: Once done, let the chicken rest for a few minutes. This step allows the juices to redistribute throughout the chicken, making it even more succulent.
Serving: Slice the chicken breasts against the grain and serve them with your favorite sides. Grilled veggies or a fresh salad would make excellent companions for this dish.
This Blackstone Griddle Chicken Recipe will be a hit at your next BBQ or family dinner. The combination of the griddle’s high, consistent heat and the flavorful marinade results in perfectly cooked chicken – juicy on the inside with a deliciously seared exterior.
Pro Tips For The Best Blackstone Griddle Chicken Recipe
Here are some pro tips for cooking chicken on the Blackstone Griddle:
- Preheat the Griddle: Always preheat your Blackstone Griddle before you start cooking. A properly heated griddle ensures even cooking and perfect sear for your chicken.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). A meat thermometer ensures your chicken is cooked properly and safely.
- Let the Chicken Rest: After removing the chicken from the griddle, rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the chicken, producing a juicier piece of meat.
- Marinate Your Chicken: Marinating your chicken can add a lot of flavor. Try to marinate your chicken for at least an hour, but overnight marinating will give you even better results if you have the time.
- Avoid Overcrowding: When placing your chicken on the griddle, make sure each piece has enough space around it. Overcrowding can lower the temperature of the griddle and lead to uneven cooking.
- Keep It Clean: After each use, make sure to clean your Blackstone Griddle properly. A clean griddle will prevent flavors from previous meals from affecting your chicken.
- Be Creative: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and marinades. The Blackstone Griddle is a versatile cooking tool, and chicken is a great canvas for various flavors. Use soy sauce, Dijon mustard, fresh garlic, teriyaki sauce, chili powder, Italian seasoning, or even taco seasoning.
- Healthy Cooking: Utilize the griddle’s flat surface to cook your sides simultaneously. Griddled vegetables, white rice, or a simple salad can turn your chicken dish into a balanced, healthy meal.
Remember, like any cooking method, griddle cooking takes a bit of practice. So keep these tips in mind, and you’ll be on your way to becoming a Blackstone Griddle pro in no time!
What temperature should I set my Blackstone Griddle to cook chicken?
The ideal griddle temperature for cooking chicken is medium heat, around 350°F to 375°F. However, heat distribution can vary among griddles, so keep an eye on your chicken to prevent burning.
How long should I cook chicken on a Blackstone Griddle?
Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken. On average, chicken breasts take about 6-7 minutes per side. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), the safe temperature for chicken.
Do I need to use oil on my Blackstone Griddle?
Yes, using a small amount of oil (vegetable oil, avocado oil, or canola oil) is recommended to prevent the chicken from sticking to the griddle and promote a nice sear.
Can I cook frozen chicken on my Blackstone Griddle?
It’s not recommended to cook frozen chicken directly on the griddle as it may not cook evenly, potentially leading to food safety issues. Always thaw your chicken properly before cooking.
How do I clean my Blackstone Griddle after cooking chicken?
After the griddle cools down, scrape off any food residues using a griddle scraper. Wipe the surface with a cloth or paper towel to remove excess oil, then wash the surface with warm water and mild detergent. Rinse and dry thoroughly before your next use.
Can I cook other foods with chicken on the griddle?
Absolutely! The beauty of the Blackstone Griddle is the large surface area which allows you to cook your veggies or warm up sauces alongside your chicken.
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes
- Blackstone Griddle Chicken Fajitas
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE FROZEN FRENCH FRIES
- BLACKSTONE SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPE
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SCRAMBLED EGGS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SAUSAGE PATTIES
- BLACKSTONE CHICKEN STIR FRY
- BLACKSTONE FRIED EGGS RECIPE
- BLACKSTONE CHEX PARTY MIX
- BLACKSTONE APPLE CIDER DONUTS
- BLACKSTONE NAAN
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, parsley, thyme, and rosemary
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. This is a crucial step to achieve the desired sear.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. Stir well to create a marinade. Immerse the chicken breasts in the marinade, ensuring they're well-coated. Let them marinate for at least an hour.
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. Once heated, arrange the chicken breasts on the griddle. They should sizzle upon contact. Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Once done, let the chicken rest for a few minutes. This step allows the juices to redistribute throughout the chicken, making it even more succulent.
- Slice the chicken breasts against the grain and serve them with your favorite sides.
- Blackstone Griddle
- Cooking Oil