Blackstone BBQ Chicken Burgers are amazing! If you want to make the perfect BBQ chicken plate or a great BBQ Chicken Burger on your Blackstone Griddle, this is the recipe for you!
Made with great boneless, skinless chicken breasts and then wrapped in a Brioche Roll, smothered with BBQ Sauce, this recipe is designed to wow your summer eats!
Nothing is better than a homemade chicken sandwich unless you bring it to the next level by Grilling it! Amazing!
If you are new to grilling, some of my favorite Blackstone Griddle Recipes are BLACKSTONE RIBS, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE HAWAIIAN KIELBASA KABOBS, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE ASPARAGUS and BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK.
The Best BBQ Chicken Burger
Nothing is more iconic than a classic chicken burger; it’s a great and easy recipe.
If you have been looking for a great, juicy, and delicious chicken burger made on your Grill or Blackstone Griddle, this is the recipe for you.
You can either use ground chicken or boneless chicken breast. Today, I opted for the boneless, skinless chicken breast, which is easy to add to the griddle, for a perfect and quick dinner.
The entire family loved this recipe, served with a plate of chips, and it’s an excellent option for anyone looking for simple grilling recipes.
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone BBQ Chicken Burgers
Here’s a breakdown of each ingredient that will contribute to making your chicken burgers irresistibly delicious:
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast: The foundation of your burger, chicken breast is a lean protein that grills beautifully on a Blackstone, absorbing the flavors of your seasoning and BBQ sauce.
- BBQ Sauce: This adds a sweet, tangy, and smoky flavor to the chicken, creating a classic BBQ taste. Choose your favorite brand or a homemade version for glazing the chicken breasts.
- Lettuce: Adds a fresh, crunchy element to the burger. Iceberg or romaine lettuce provides a refreshing contrast to the savory components.
- Sliced Tomatoes: Juicy tomato slices contribute a mild sweetness and moisture, complementing the rich flavors of the BBQ chicken and bacon.
- Sliced Onions (Sweet): Sweet onions, when grilled, become even more flavorful, adding a slightly caramelized taste and a nice texture to the burger.
- Brioche Buns: These are soft, slightly sweet, and buttery, making them the perfect vessel for a BBQ chicken burger. They toast well on the griddle, offering a delightful outer crispness.
- Bacon (Cooked): Adds a crunchy, savory, and smoky flavor. Cook the bacon on the Blackstone griddle until crisp for added texture and richness.
- Mayonnaise: A spread of mayonnaise on the buns brings a creamy and slightly tangy element, balancing the flavors and adding to the burger’s overall juiciness.
Each ingredient is crucial in building a BBQ chicken burger bursting with flavor, texture, and deliciousness, especially when prepared on a Blackstone griddle.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Burgers On Blackstone Griddle
Making BBQ Chicken Burgers on a Blackstone Griddle is a great way to enjoy a flavorful and satisfying meal. Here’s a step-by-step guide to create these delicious burgers:
Preheat the Griddle:
Start by preheating your Blackstone Griddle to medium-high heat. Brush the griddle with oil to keep the chicken breasts from sticking.
Add the chicken, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, flipping them over.
While the chicken is cooking, use a pastry brush and brush with BBQ Sauce.
While the chicken is cooking, add a few bacon pieces to the flat-top griddle and cook until the bacon is fully cooked.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken, which needs to be 165 degrees F, before removing it.
Then assemble your Blackstone Grilled BBQ Chicken Burgers!
Pro Tips Blackstone BBQ Chicken Burgers
Creating exceptional BBQ chicken burgers on a Blackstone griddle involves more than just basic cooking. Here are some pro tips to elevate your burgers to the next level:
- Marinate the Chicken: For deeper flavor, marinate the chicken breasts in a mixture of BBQ sauce and your favorite spices for a few hours, or even overnight, before grilling.
- Even Thickness: Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. This helps them cook more evenly, reduces cooking time, and ensures every bite is equally juicy.
- Preheat Properly: Ensure your Blackstone griddle is adequately preheated. A medium-high heat is ideal for cooking chicken without burning it.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: The key to perfectly cooked chicken is not overcooking it. A meat thermometer ensures the internal temperature reaches 165°F, keeping it moist and tender.
- Layering the BBQ Sauce: Apply the BBQ sauce in layers. Brush the first layer when you flip the chicken, and add more in the final minutes of cooking. This builds a rich glaze without burning the sauce.
- Rest the Chicken: After cooking, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before assembling the burgers. Resting allows the juices to redistribute, making the chicken more tender.
- Caramelizing Onions: Cook the onions slowly on a cooler part of the griddle for a sweet and savory addition to your burger. The longer and slower they cook, the sweeter they’ll be.
- Toasting the Buns: Lightly butter the brioche buns and toast them on the griddle until golden brown. This adds texture and prevents the buns from getting soggy.
- Bacon Perfection: For extra crispy bacon, lay it flat on the griddle and cook until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Balancing Toppings: Balance your toppings in terms of texture and flavor. Crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and the creamy texture of mayonnaise complement the smoky BBQ chicken and crunchy bacon.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with coleslaw, potato salad, or crispy fries for a complete meal.
Following these tips, your Blackstone BBQ Chicken Burgers will be flavorful, juicy, and have a gourmet touch that will impress you.
How do I prevent chicken breasts from drying out on the griddle?
Avoid overcooking and use a meat thermometer to check for doneness (165°F). Marinating the chicken beforehand can also help retain moisture.
Can I use store-bought BBQ sauce, or should I make my own?
Both options work well. Store-bought BBQ sauce is convenient and comes in various flavors, while homemade sauce can be customized.
What’s the best way to get even cooking on the griddle?
Flatten chicken breasts to an even thickness and preheat the griddle to medium-high temperature. Cook the chicken in a single layer without overcrowding.
How long should I cook the chicken burgers on the griddle?
Cook time varies, but generally, it’s about 5-7 minutes per side. The most accurate method is to use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165°F.
Can I add cheese to my BBQ chicken burgers?
Absolutely! Adding a slice of cheese like cheddar or pepper jack at the last minute of cooking can add great flavor. Cover the burger with a lid or bowl on the griddle to help the cheese melt.
What types of buns work best for BBQ chicken burgers?
Brioche buns are popular for their soft texture and sweetness, but you can use any bun, including whole wheat or gluten-free options.
Are there vegetarian options I can use for non-meat eaters?
Yes, you can substitute chicken with vegetarian burger patties or portobello mushrooms for a vegetarian version of this recipe.
How can I store and reheat leftover BBQ chicken burgers?
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on the griddle or in a skillet for best results.
What are some healthy side dishes to pair with these burgers?
Grilled vegetables, a garden salad, or sweet potato fries make healthy and delicious sides for BBQ chicken burgers.
Can I prepare the chicken in advance?
Yes, you can marinate and even cook the chicken in advance. Store it in the refrigerator and reheat on the griddle when ready to serve.
More Blackstone Recipes
- BLACKSTONE PERFECT GRILLED PORK CHOPS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE MOJO CHICKEN TACOS
- EASY BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE ONION RINGS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE HAWAIIAN KIELBASA KABOBS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE PANCAKES
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Blackstone BBQ Chicken Burgers
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast,
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 pieces Lettuce, Shredded
- 2 slices Tomatoes
- 2 slices Onions, Sweet
- 2 Brioche Buns
- 2 pieces Bacon, Cooked
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Start by preheating your Blackstone Griddle to medium-high heat. Brush the griddle with oil to keep the chicken breasts from sticking.
- Add the chicken, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, flipping them over.
- While the chicken is cooking, use a pastry brush, and brush with BBQ Sauce.
- While the chicken is cooking, add a few bacon pieces to the Air Fryer Basket, cook until the bacon is fully cooked.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken, which needs to be 165 degrees F, before removing it.
- Then assemble your Blackstone Grilled BBQ Chicken Burgers!
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Blackstone Griddle, or Flat-Top Griddle
- Cooking Oil