Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks are crispy, crunchy, and insanely easy to make. Great for a simple weeknight meal or anytime snack.
Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks — Have you ever made frozen fish sticks in air fryer? If not, you are missing out! They turn out so crispy and flavorful. Plus, they are a lot healthier than the fried version. Here is how to make them.
Air Fryer Fish Sticks are amazing! There is nothing better than a perfect and crispy piece of Fish.
I love fish sticks. You can easily make them from frozen in minutes, and they are so easy to prepare. Air fry fish sticks and see what all the fuss is about. I promise you won’t regret it!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Seafood Recipes, my favorites are AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS, AIR FRYER SALMON WITH WHOLE-GRAIN MUSTARD, AIR FRYER MAPLE GLAZED SALMON, and AIR FRYER BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI.
Why You’ll Love Fish Sticks In The Air Fryer
- Makes a great snack or easy dinner
How To Make Frozen Air Fryer Fish Sticks
Step 1: Preheat
Start by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray or olive oil in the basket in a thin layer.
Step 2: Add fish sticks
Place fish sticks into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Don’t stack them on top of each other, or they won’t cook properly.
Step 3: Air fry fish sticks
Air fry fish sticks for 4 minutes, then flip. Cook fish sticks in the air fryer for 4 more minutes or until they reach your desired texture. Serve & enjoy!
Pro Tips For Fish Sticks In Air Fryer:
- Keep them from sticking! Spray your basket with nonstick cooking spray or use a piece of parchment paper in the basket to line it. This will keep the air fryer fish sticks from sticking.
- Cooking times will vary. Each air fryer is different, so for best results, check your air fryer frequently during the cooking process.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer. Leave space around the fish sticks so they cook up perfectly; remember, an air fryer works by hot air circulating the basket and cooking up the food. If you have food touching, it won’t cook correctly or evenly.
- Make them extra crispy. Add a very thin layer of oil to the frozen fish sticks in the air fryer. It’s optional, but it will make them extra crunchy.
Are Frozen Fish Sticks In The Air Fryer Healthy?
If you’re like most people, you probably enjoy frozen fish sticks every once in a while. But are they healthy? The answer is actually yes, they can be!
First of all, when you cook frozen fish sticks in the air fryer, you aren’t using lots of oil which is way healthier than deep frying.
Many varieties have vitamin B12, some protein, and niacin. The key is choosing the right frozen fish sticks.
Some healthy options are also available from the larger frozen seafood manufacturers, such as Gorton’s, where they have a healthy line called Healthy Baked.
What Fish Is Used To Make Fish Sticks?
Fish sticks typically contain pollock and cod, and sometimes tilapia or whiting. Pollock is most widely used in the United States and Europe because of its lower price point than cod.
Tilapia has become an increasingly popular option due to its mild flavor and increased availability in recent years; it also has less mercury than other white fishes like haddock or even salmon. Whiting is essentially a cheaper alternative to pollack that you can find in some countries like China or Vietnam, where they are usually fried whole rather than cut into fillets first before cooking them up with breadcrumbs.
Best Brands To Make Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
While everyone has different tastes, these are the ones that my family truly loves and taste almost like homemade:
- Gorton’s Fish Sticks Air Fryer
- Trader Joe’s Fish Sticks Air Fryer
- Trader Joe’s Fish Nuggets Air Fryer
- Van de Kamp Fish Sticks Air Fryer
- Great Value Fish Sticks
- Trident Fish Sticks
- Mrs. Paul’s Fish Sticks Air Fryer
- Natural Sea Cod Fish Sticks
Some Sides To Go Along WIth Fish Sticks in Air Fryer!
Looking for something amazing to serve with your air fryer frozen fish sticks? Try one of these delicious recipes.
- Air Fryer Yorkshire Pudding
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- How to Cook Frozen Hash Browns Perfectly in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fryer, How to Cook Frozen Pierogies in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- 1 package frozen fish sticks
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Spray your air fryer basket or tray. (with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray)
- Lay your fish sticks out, so they have room, and they don’t touch.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees for 4 minutes; after 4 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer