Making pierogies in the air fryer is as simple as two steps! These crispy, pillowy dumplings go from freezer to table in minutes, making them the perfect snack or party appetizer.
There’s nothing quite like a meat and potato meal. In fact, it’s one of the most classic meal combinations!
Everyone loves potatoes, and there are dozens of ways to prepare them. That’s why I’m excited to show you how to cook pierogies in the air fryer! You get all of the flavor of potatoes with the added bonus of crispy, fluffy dough.
Try even more Air Fryer Potato Recipes, including favorites like AIR FRYER ROSEMARY GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES, AIR FRYER SMILEY FRIES, AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES, AIR FRYER HASSELBACK BACON AND BLEU CHEESE POTATOES, and AIR FRYER TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATO.
Pierogies in Air Fryer
Whether you need a quick party appetizer or a simple weeknight meal, frozen pierogies are a freezer staple that you can always have on hand.
Pop a handful of frozen pierogies in the air fryer, then pair them with your favorite dipping sauce or serve them as a side dish with your meal.
You can air fry pierogies in just 8 minutes, making them the perfect after-school snack as well!
What are pierogies?
Pierogies are half-circle shaped dumplings, originally from Europe, that features a sweet or savory filling stuffed into an unleavened dough. They are boiled, then pan-fried before serving, so each bite is fluffy and crispy at the same time!
One of the most common filling combinations is whipped potato and cheese, but they can also include meat, vegetables, onions or sauerkraut, and even fruit for a sweet option!
Why You’ll Love Frozen Pierogies in Air Fryer
- Easy to make
- No prep required
- Keep a bag in the freezer
- Try different flavors and fillings
- Kid friendly
- Make for an appetizer or meal
Ingredients Needed To Make Pierogies in Air Fryer
Grab a package of your favorite frozen pierogies (I used Mrs. T’s) and some olive oil spray. That’s it!
Of course, you’ll want to have your favorite dipping sauces on hand as well. I always have sour cream in the refrigerator, which is the perfect addition to these potato dumplings. Find more add-ons and dipping sauce ideas below!
How To Cook Pierogies
Step 1: Add to basket
Spread frozen pierogies in a single layer with a little bit of space between each one. This allows the air to circulate around the food better.
Spray with olive oil (or another cooking oil) to help them get extra crispy on the outside. You can also brush the oil on with a basting brush instead.
Step 2: Cook
Cook pierogies in air fryer for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Use tongs to flip them halfway so they cook evenly.
- Don’t forget the oil! While oil is not required with air fryers, adding some to pierogies in the air fryer helps them to crisp up even better.
- Leave frozen. Don’t thaw before you air fry pierogies. Pop them in straight from the freezer for the best texture.
- Adjust the time as needed. Since there are many different types of air fryers, the time it takes to cook frozen pierogies in an air fryer can vary. You may need to reduce or increase the time by 1-2 minutes.
- How to cook pierogies for a crowd: Be careful not to overcrowd the air fryer. Instead, cook pierogies in the air fryer in batches and serve them while they’re hot.
While you air fry pierogies, don’t forget to get your dipping sauces ready! A few of my favorites are:
- Sour cream
- Ranch dressing
- Melted garlic butter
- Cheese sauce
- Roasted red pepper sauce
- Alfredo dip
- …and more!
You can also top them with caramelized onions or mushrooms. Or, serve your air fryer pierogies as a side with any of the following dishes:
Can you cook frozen pierogies in the air fryer?
You bet! Put them in the basket in a single layer straight from the freezer and cook until soft and crispy.
What is the best way to cook frozen pierogies?
While it’s true that you can bake or boil frozen pierogies, I think that air frying them gives you the best results. The center stays soft and pillowy, while the outer layer get deliciously crisp.
How long does it take to air fry pierogies?
Each batch takes about 8 minutes to cook if you flip them halfway. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you should be able to make about a dozen or so at a time.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER FROZEN DUMPLINGS (POT STICKERS)
- AIR FRYER TURKEY TURNOVERS
- TJ’S KUNG PAO TEMPURA CAULIFLOWER (AIR FRYER)
- AIR FRYER CHEESESTEAK EMPANADAS
- AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS
- AIR FRYER PEPPERONI BASIL TOMATO PUFFS
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—Print
Making pierogies in the air fryer is as simple as two steps! These crispy, pillowy dumplings go from freezer to table in minutes.
- 1 package frozen pierogies
- olive oil spray
- sour cream, for dipping, optional
- This is the package, I used for this recipe.
- Spread them out onto the air fryer tray or basket. Then spray with olive oil.
- Set in the air fryer for 8 minutes t 400 degrees F, (air fryer setting) after 4 minutes flip the pierogies, and continue the time.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!