Air Fryer Cheesesteak Empanadas — Do you love cheesesteaks? Well, then you’re going to love these Air Fryer Cheesesteak Empanadas! They are the perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion. Plus, they’re easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!
The best things in life are meant to be shared, including air fryer cheesesteak empanadas. These little pies are the perfect appetizer or main course, and they’re easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. So gather your friends and family around the air fryer, and enjoy some delicious empanadas together!
What Are Empanadas?
Empanadas! What a fun word to say. But what are they, exactly? Empanadas are stuffed pastry. They can be savory or sweet and filled with all sorts of delicious things. But the best part is that they’re portable, so you can take them anywhere you go! Whether you’re on the go or just looking for an easy meal, empanadas are the perfect solution.
Empanadas are a popular type of pastry in many Latin American countries. You can fill them with various meats, cheeses, and vegetables. Today, we will show you how to make your empanadas at home. They are sure to be a hit with family and friends!
What Are Cheesesteak Empanadas?
Move over, Philly cheesesteaks! There’s a new empanada in town, and it’s got all the saucy, cheesy goodness of a classic Philly cheesesteak. But what ARE cheesesteak empanadas, you ask? They’re empanadas filled with the usual Philly fixings – steak, onions, peppers, and cheese. So if you’re looking for a fun and easy way to switch up your regular dinner routine, give these bad boys a try.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheesesteak Empanadas
- Sweet Onions
- Green Bell Peppers
- Provolone Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Cheesesteak Empanadas
Season thinly sliced meat with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add butter and garlic to the pan, then sauté onions and peppers.
Remove once soft and add 1-2 tsp Olive oil (avocado oil also works). Brown meat thoroughly and add back in the onions and peppers. Add 4-5 slices of provolone cheese and mix until melted.
Press or roll out the biscuits. Add a spoonful of the cheesesteak mixture and 1 tsp mozzarella cheese to one-half of the biscuit. Fold the top half of the biscuit over.
Press the edges together and seal them well, or they will open slightly. Place on a parchment-lined sheet and air fry at 360 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 10-12 mins until golden brown.
Meat: Like a traditional Philadelphia cheesesteak, we used ribeye. However, this recipe is a great way to use up some of that ground beef you have on hand. However, if you are looking for a healthier version, try substituting chicken or turkey instead!
Vegetables: We used onions and bell peppers. However, you can use a great number of vegetables, anything that is seasonal of you love. This is a great place to use your favorite vegetables.
Dough: I used biscuit dough. However, you can use crescent dough or even pizza dough for this recipe.
How Do I Store Leftover Empanadas?
Empanadas are a delicious pastry that can be filled with all sorts of ingredients. The great thing about empanadas is that they can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer.
Store: Place any leftover empanadas into an airtight container, and place them into the refrigerator. They will last between 2 to 3 days.
Freeze: These make for a great freezer-friendly snack. Cook them below, and then let them cool to room temperature. Invidiuvally wrap each in saran wrap and then place them into a freezer bag. They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
How To Reheat Empanadas
You can quickly reheat empanadas in the air fryer. Place them into the air fryer basket and get at 360 degrees F, air fryer setting and heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are warmed through.
Are you looking for an appetizer that is sure to please a crowd? Empanadas are the perfect dish! These little pastries can be filled with any number of delicious fillings, and they are always a hit.
You can efficiently serve them with a variety of appetizers. Some of my favorites are;
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- AIR FRYER FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- HOW TO MAKE FROZEN HAMBURGERS IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA PEPPERONI FLATBREAD
Be sure to tag @ForkToSpoon on Instagram, if you share a picture on Instagram! Let’s get social, you can follow me: on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes and Tips
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Cheesesteak Empanadas
- 6 ounces ribeye, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 8 count biscuits
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Season thinly sliced meat with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan, then sauté onions and peppers.
- Remove once soft and add 1-2 tsp Olive oil (avocado oil also works).
- Brown meat fully and add back in the onions and peppers.
- Add 4-5 slices of provolone cheese and mix until melted.
- Press or roll out the biscuits
- Adda spoonful of the cheesesteak mixture and 1 tsp mozzarella cheese to one half of the biscuit
- Fold the top half of the biscuit over.
- Press the edges together and seal them well, or they will open slightly.
- Place into a greased air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Or until the dough is fully cooked.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons