Air Fryer Breakfast Empanadas — The best part of waking up is breakfast in bed, am I right? But who has time for that on a weekday morning? Not me. That’s why I love my air fryer. It lets me make delicious breakfast empanadas at home in a fraction of the time it would take to order them from a restaurant. Plus, there are endless possibilities for fillings, so I never get bored. Today, I’m sharing my recipe for bacon and egg empanadas. They’re sure to get your day off to a great start!
Some cooks like to fry their breakfast. Others like to make a big breakfast burrito. Still, others prefer eggs and bacon or pancakes. But what about those of us who want something different for breakfast – something that’s not only tasty but also easy to prepare? For those of you, I have the perfect solution: air fryer breakfast empanadas. With just a few ingredients you can have these little beauties frying up in no time, and they’re sure to please even the most discerning palate. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
What Are Empanadas?
Have you ever eaten an empanada? They’re a popular Latin American dish, and they’re delicious! Empanadas are basically doughy pockets that are stuffed with all sorts of different fillings. They can be savory or sweet, and there are endless possibilities for fillings. If you’ve never tried an empanada before, you definitely need to give them a try! Here’s how to make them at home.
What Are Breakfast Empanadas?
If you love breakfast and you love empanadas, then you’re going to love breakfast empanadas! They are the perfect combination of two delicious foods. Breakfast empanadas are made with a variety of different ingredients, so there’s something for everyone. Whether you like sweet or savory flavors, there’s a breakfast empanada recipe for you. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Breakfast Empanadas
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious breakfast recipe, look no further than these air fryer breakfast empanadas! They only require a few simple ingredients, and they’re perfect for busy mornings. Plus, they’re kid-friendly and can be customized to your liking. So give them a try today!
- Pie Crust: You can either use homemade pie crust or store-bought
- Eggs: I used large, room temperature eggs
- Milk: You can also use milk alternatives such as oat milk, lactose-free milk, or even coconut milk.
- Çheedar Cheese: Use any of your favorite shredded cheese blends.
- Sausage: You can also use chorizo, hot or mild Italian sausage, or even chicken sausage.
- Potatoes: Use any of your favorites, Russet or Yukon work well, as does Sweet Potatoes.
- Butter: Use room temperature unsalted butter
- Seasoning: Add any of your favorites, I used salt and black pepper, but anything will work. Some great additions are paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
How To Make Air Fryer Breakfast Empanadas
Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breakfast sausage to the hot skillet and brown and crumble. Drain, then place sausage back onto the skillet.
Scramble the eggs. Combine eggs and milk in a mixing bowl and whisk. Pour into the hot skillet with the sausage and scramble.
Add drained diced potatoes into a small mixing bowl and toss with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Fold in cheese and stir until melted.
Unroll pie crusts onto a wooden cutting board and stack them on top of each other. Use the lid of a mason jar or a biscuit cutter to cut circles into the pie.
Scoop 2 tbsp of egg filling onto one side of the pie circle. Fold in half and use a fork to crimp and seal the edges.
Brush empanadas with melted butter and sprinkle a pinch of pepper over the top. Add to the air fryer and cook for five minutes, at 320 degrees F. Serve warm and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Tips
How do I store leftover empanadas?
Empanadas are a sure bet when it comes to appetizers. You can store the dough kept in an airtight container and it will last for 3-4 days.
To reheat, simply pop them back into your 350F fryer, giving those tasty treats just enough time they are warmed through.
Can I freeze air fryer empanadas?
Empanadas are a delicious treat that can be made in advance and frozen for up to 6 months. Before freezing, wrap the Empanada pies with plastic film then store them inside of an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature where they will stay good indefinitely!
The easy air fryer empanadas are great for lunch or dinner. They can also be served as an appetizer and they’re super quick to make! To eat, simply pull off one of the delicious pastry shells onto your plate then top with sour cream; salsa Fresca, or even guacamole.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes!
Life is busy. We know that. And we also know that you don’t always have time to cook a big breakfast in the morning. That’s where your air fryer comes in handy! Today, we’re giving you some more delicious air fryer breakfast recipes to try out. From savory breakfasts to sweet ones, there’s something for everyone here. So what are you waiting for? Get started cooking up some amazing breakfast recipes today!
- Air Fryer Cherry Oatmeal Breakfast Bake
- Air Fryer Apple Pie Pizookie
- Easy Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits
- Air Fryer Caramelized Leeks and Artichoke Quiche
- Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Breakfast Empanadas
- 2 prepared rolled pie crusts
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 can potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat
- Add breakfast sausage to the hot skillet and brown and crumble. Drain, then place sausage back onto the skillet.
- Scramble the eggs. Combine eggs and milk in a mixing bowl and whisk. Pour into the hot skillet with the sausage and scramble.
- Add drained diced potatoes into a small mixing bowl and toss with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Unroll pie crusts onto a wooden cutting board and stack on top of each other.
- Use the lid of a mason jar or a biscuit cutter to cut circles into the pie.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of egg filling onto one side of the pie circle. Fold in half and use a fork to crimp and seal the edges.
- Brush empanadas with melted butter and sprinkle a pinch of pepper over the top. Add to the air fryer and cook for five minutes, at 320 degrees F, using air freyr setting. . Serve warm and enjoy!
- Air Fryer