Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits — Imagine a life where you could wake up to hot, fresh biscuits every morning without ever having to turn on your oven. With an air fryer, this dream can become a reality! These Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits are light and fluffy; best of all, they’re made without any dairy or butter. Plus, they only require five simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!
Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits are amazing! Buttery, soft, and delicious, they’re so easy that you will be making a batch instead of buying the premade biscuits.
Made with only six ingredients, this is one of the easiest homemade biscuits you can make. And add a bit of butter or jam, and you have a great and delicious homemade breakfast. With this recipe, you will get perfect and fluffy biscuits every time.
So, today, I will show you have to make easy air fryer biscuits with items already in your pantry. And at the end of this recipe, I included a video so you, like me, can have a significant and delicious biscuit recipe that will become your go-to.
If you are looking for even more Easy Air Fryer Bread Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER RANCH PITA CHIPS, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOMINO’S BREAD TWISTS, AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN MONKEY BREAD, and AIR FRYER CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD.
I became of biscuits later in my life when I first went to a Southern Restaurant on vacation with my family. And I ordered sausage gravy, which came with a side of homemade Southern Biscuits.
I was hooked. They were soft, tender, and fluffy. They were amazing. Southern Biscuits are usually made with shortening and buttermilk.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits
Mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
Add in the milk and cubed butter.
Use a pastry cutter, and work the butter into the dough.
Transfer your dough onto a floured surface, knead the dough for a while, and then press the dough together with your hands. Ideally, you want it about 1 inch thick.
Use your biscuit cutter or drinking glass, and cut out the biscuits. I used a 2-inch biscuit cutter, But any size will work.
Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper. Set the temperature to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting. Air Fry for about 9 to 12 minutes. Or until the tops are golden brown.
Brush them with some melted butter before serving.
Tips for Making Homemade Biscuits
- For best results, use cold-cold milk and butter. You can either freeze the butter or use the butter. For best results, do not let the butter sit at room temperature while the other ingredients are mixed up.
- Do not overwork the dough. Otherwise, the gluten in the biscuit dough will cause it to toughen the biscuits. Once they are mixed, leave them alone.
- DO not use a rolling pin; this will lead to hard biscuits. Your hands are the best tool for the job.
- If you need more flour to make the dough less sticky, add some flour.
How do you make fluffy biscuits?
The key to really fluffy biscuits is using cold butter. The butter will be in the dough when air frying, which will melt, causing the dough to create fluffier Air Fryer Biscuits.
The other key is not to overwork the dough.
Are biscuits better with butter or shortening?
If you want an Air Fryer Southern Style Biscuit, switch out the butter for shortening. You would use the same amount.
You will notice that the biscuits will be soft and crumbly than butter biscuits.
Why are my biscuits dry?
Usually, biscuits are dry if you add too much flour. You want a dough that sticks together but is not so sticky that it seems wet.
This recipe is perfectly measured. So, remember to measure your flour correctly for the best Batch of Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits.
Should I use Milk or Buttermilk?
Either will work. I always have milk on hand, which is why I went with milk, and the rest of my readers usually have milk.
If you want an Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuit, all you need to do is, add about one teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to the batter.
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits
I never have any left, but if you do. Let them cool to room temperature, then place them in an airtight container.
Place the container on the counter or in the refrigerator. They will last about two days on the counter and five days in the fridge.
Can You Freeze Air Fryer Homemade Biscuits
These are great make-ahead items to keep your freezer stocked with. To freeze, cook them as directed in the recipe card below.
Then to Freeze: Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pop the baking sheet into the freezer, and freeze until frozen solid.
Can you bake them in the oven?
Yes, my mother would make the same biscuits in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, then place them on a greased baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet into the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
What do you serve with them?
My favorite item for breakfast is homemade air-fried biscuits with a smear of butter or jam. But you can serve them with anything from Instant Pot Chili to Instant Pot Sausage and Gravy!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
- AIR FRYER CHINESE SPARE RIBS
- EASY AIR FRYER PORK RIB TIPS
- AIR FRYER GRILLED PANZANELLA SALAD
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOMINO’S BREAD TWISTS
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced in cubes or grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add in the milk and cubed butter (or grated butter)
- Use a pastry cutter, and work the butter into the dough.
- Transfer your dough onto a floured surface, knead the dough for a while, and then use your hands to press the dough together. Ideally, you want it about 1 inch thick.
- Use your biscuit cutter or drinking glass, and cut out the biscuits. I used a 2-inch biscuit cutter, But any size will work.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper. Set the temperature to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting. Air Fry for about 9 to 12 minutes. Or until the tops are golden brown.
- Brush them with some melted butter before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 612mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on ForkToSpoon.com should only be used as a general guideline.