Are you looking for an easy, yet satisfying meal to put on the table tonight? Look no further than these air fryer stuffed portobello mushrooms!
This simple dish features a great meatless vegetable dinner, and of course, being topped with cheese makes this recipe amazing! Serve it as an appetizer or art of your main course – either way, your taste buds will thank you!
The Best Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms make a great appetizer or side dish for any meal. With an air fryer, you can make them easily and quickly and have delicious stuffed mushrooms ready to serve. The Best Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are flavorful, crunchy outside, and juicy in the middle. They’re sure to satisfy everyone at the table.
Air Fyerr Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are a great low-carb dinner option, and depending on the size of your mushrooms, you can cook these in mere minutes. They are one of the easiest appetizers! They are perfect for family gatherings and are one of my favorite air fryer keto recipes!
Air Fryer Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Stuffed portobello mushrooms are a delicious and easy way to add flavor to any meal. Air frying them takes this dish from good to great, with a crisp outer layer that locks in the moisture and taste of the filling.
Ingredients Needed For Portobello Mushroom Recipe Air Fryer
Are you looking for a delicious and easy dinner idea that will have your taste buds dancing? Look no further than this tasty Portobello Mushroom recipe air fryer!
This healthy dish is simple to make and full of flavor, with ingredients you likely already have on hand. Whether you are a cooking novice or an experienced home chef, this crowd-pleaser is sure to please. Read on as we explore preparing the perfect Air Fryer portobello mushrooms using only five simple ingredients.
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page and the nutrition information.
- Portobello Mushrooms: Remove the stem of the mushroom
- Cooking Oil: Use cooking spray, olive oil, or avocado oil
- Cream Cheese: Use room temperature cream cheese, regular, or low-fat
- Mozzarella: Use shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spinach: Fresh fresh spinach or frozen spinach that has been drained
- Artichoke Hearts: A great way to add flavor
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Italian Seasoning, and Garlic Powder
- Cooking Spray: Use olive oil spray or a pastry brush to brush the mushrooms with oil.
How To Cook Air Fryer Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Whether you’re looking for something light and healthy to serve your family or throwing a party, stuffed portobello mushrooms are always well-received.
Perfectly cooked, they can be crunchy on the outside with a tender interior that creates a fantastic flavor combination. But cooking stuffed mushrooms in the oven can leave them saggy—so what’s an inspired cook to do? Look no further than the air fryer! This magical appliance makes it easy to create perfect stuffed portobello mushrooms that everyone will love. Keep reading to learn how to dish out deliciousness at home with a straightforward kitchen tool!
Step One: Clean Mushrooms
Star by removing the stem; usually, you can twist the mushroom stems off. Then wash the mushrooms, using a damp paper towel, with cold water.
Step Two: Air Fry The Mushrooms
Add the mushrooms to the air fryer basket and brush, with a basting brush, the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil, or spray with cooking spray. Set the cooking time for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
Step Three: Prepare The Cream Cheese Mixture
Add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, spinach, artichokes, and seasonings in a large bowl, and mix well. Add the cream cheese mixture to the mushroom caps using a small spoon.
Step Four: Air Fry
Set the filled mushrooms into the air fyrer basket, and set the cooking time for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F; remove when golden brown.
Step Five; Serving
Serve with fresh spices, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, or sprinkle parmesan cheese before serving.
What Types Of Mushrooms Are Best For Delicious Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Air fryer stuffed mushrooms have become popular due to their delicious flavors and texture. The key to making this dish successful is using the correct type of mushroom. Portobello, cremini, Baby Bellas, and white button mushrooms are all great options for this recipe.
- Portobello mushrooms are large, juicy, and full of flavor. They have a tender texture that makes them ideal for stuffing; it’s the perfect size for a main meal. Baby portobello mushrooms make for an ideal size for an appetizer.
- Cremini mushrooms are brown with firm flesh and an earthy flavor. They have a more meaty texture than portobello mushrooms, making them perfect for this dish.
- White button mushrooms, and Baby Bella mushrooms, are small and mild in flavor. They provide a great crunch when cooked and are ideal for stuffing.
No matter which type of mushroom you choose, the result will be a delicious air fryer stuffed mushroom dish that everyone will love. With the correct kind of mushroom and some creative seasonings, these mushrooms can become a great addition to any meal.
How To Store Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Stuffed portobello mushrooms can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator, but their texture and flavor will diminish over time.
To maximize the shelf life of your stuffed portobello, store them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. This will help to keep out any moisture and prevent oxidation. You can also pack them in a freezer bag and freeze them for up to 4-6 months. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. For best results, do not refreeze your stuffed mushrooms after thawing.
How To Reheat Stuffed Mushrooms In Air Fryer
Reheating stuffed mushrooms in an air fryer is quick and easy. The hot air cooks the mushroom filling without drying it out. Here’s a step-by-step guide to reheating your stuffed mushrooms using an air fryer:
- Preheat the Air Fryer – Preheat your air fryer to 350°F for about five minutes.
- Place the Mushrooms in the Basket – Carefully place your stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer basket, ensuring they’re evenly spaced and don’t overlap.
- Cook – Set the time to four minutes, then set the temperature to 350°F and press start. The mushrooms will be done reheating when they’re warmed throughout. Depending on how many you’re reheating, you may need to adjust the time or increase the temperature slightly.
- Serve – Carefully remove the mushrooms from the air fryer and serve
What To Serve With Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Stuffed portobello mushrooms make for a delicious and flavourful main course. To complete your meal, you’ll also need to decide on side dishes to pair with them. Here are some tasty options:
- Salad: A simple leafy green salad is an ideal accompaniment for stuffed portobello mushrooms. Add crunchy vegetables like carrots, peppers, and cucumbers for texture. Dress it with your favorite vinaigrette or olive oil.
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are a great way to round out the meal.
- Fruit Salad: A fresh fruit salad is another refreshing side dish that pairs well with stuffed portobello mushrooms. Choose your favorite fruits, cut them up, and combine them in a bowl with a light dressing or syrup.
- A veggie tray full of colorful vegetables is another good option. Include cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, celery sticks, zucchini slices, carrots, bell peppers, and cauliflower. Serve it with a creamy dip. This is perfect for game days!
With these side dishes, your stuffed portobello mushroom meal will be complete.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air fryer stuffed portobello mushrooms are a great option if you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that will wow your guests. All the rich flavors come together in one delightful package that can be served as an entree or side dish.
It can fit into vegan, vegetarian, and carnivore diets without sacrificing taste or texture. Plus, it requires minimal cooking time while still delivering maximum results. So the next time you want to add something special that everyone can enjoy, grab an air fryer and prepare these flavorful mushrooms!
Don’t forget to experiment with different stuffing ingredients to switch up the flavor profile on each occasion. Whether it’s for a weeknight dinner or a weekend gathering with friends and family, there’s no doubt you’ll love this showstopping yet simple dish.
Air Fryer Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 medium Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stem removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup spinach, fresh
- 1 cup artichoke, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Star by removing the stem; usually, you can twist the mushroom stems off. Then wash the mushrooms, using a damp paper towel, with cold water.
- Add the mushrooms to the air fryer basket and brush, with a basting brush, the tops of the mushrooms with olive oil, or spray with cooking spray. Set the cooking time for 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fryer setting.
- Add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, spinach, artichokes, and seasonings in a large bowl, and mix well. Add the cream cheese mixture to the mushroom caps using a small spoon.
- Set the filled mushrooms into the air fyrer basket, and set the cooking time for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F; remove when golden brown.
- Serve with fresh spices, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, or sprinkle parmesan cheese before serving.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Cooking Spray