Do you crave crispy golden potato wedges drenched with parmesan cheese? If so, you don’t have to head to a restaurant because making these tasty treats at home is easier than ever with the help of an air fryer. Our recipe will give you full-flavored potato wedges in no time — and without all the oil of traditional deep frying! Even busy cooks can make this scrumptious side dish in a jiffy with just a handful of simple ingredients, minimal preparation, and limited cooking time.
Do you want to whip up a tasty snack or side dish in no time? Look no further than air fryer potato wedges parmesan! Not only will this recipe satisfy your taste buds, but it also requires minimal effort and the right ingredients. Freshly diced potatoes are covered with flavorful Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, and olive oil before being cooked in an air-fryer for the perfect crispness. These appetizing wedges come together quickly and have been known to be a hit among family members of all ages. Enjoy these savory bites as a light lunch or dinner addition — guaranteed to impress friends and loved ones alike!
What Are Parmesan Potato Wedges?
Parmesan potato wedges are a delicious and versatile side dish. Made from thick-cut potatoes, they’re roasted in Parmesan cheese and herbs for a flavorful and crispy result. They can be served with various main courses or as an appetizer. The combination of creamy melted cheese, crunchy potatoes, and fragrant herbs creates a unique and tasty flavor profile. Parmesan potato wedges are a great way to jazz up any meal, making them the perfect addition to your next dinner party.
These might be one of your favorite air fryer recipes! These garlic parmesan wedges might be one of your new favorite recipes!
Why You Will Love Making Potato Wedges In Air Fryer
Fried potato wedges are a classic snack and side dish. With an air fryer, you can enjoy crunchy, delicious potato wedges that are healthier than their deep-fried counterpart. Using an air fryer to make potato wedges is so easy. No need to heat up a large pot of oil or wait for them to fry in a deep-fryer. Plus, using an air fryer requires much less oil than traditional frying methods, so you don’t have to worry about unhealthy fat content.
Also, because the air fryer circulates hot air around the food, it cooks potato wedges quickly and evenly. This means they’ll be crisp outside and fluffy in the middle. The air fryer also means less mess since you don’t have to deal with all the oil associated with regular frying.
Making potato wedges in an air fryer is great when you’re short on time or want a quick and easy snack. There’s no need to wait for the oil to heat up or wait patiently while they cook. Cut your potatoes, prepare them with seasoning, and pop them in the air fryer. In no time, you’ll have perfectly crispy potato wedges ready to enjoy.
Air fryer potato wedges are a delicious, healthy alternative to traditional fried potato wedges. With their crunchy, golden exteriors and fluffy insides, these wedges are sure to be a hit with the family. So why not give them a try? You won’t regret it. They make for an easy side dish, a delicious snack, or a perfect side for your next dinner!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make side dish, these Parmesan Potato Wedges are perfect. Made with simple ingredients, these make a great alternative to French Fries.
Remember, The step-by-step instructions, including ingredient amounts, are below in the printable recipe card, including the nutritional information.
- Potatoes: Use Russet potatoes, Gold Potatoes, or Red POtaotes
- Oil: Use olive oil and avocado oil. Or even coconut oil.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Seasonings and Spices: Minced Garlic, Onion Powder, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Parsley
How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Potato Wedges
Step One: Prepare Your Potato Wedges
Slice the potatoes into wedges. Place them into a large bowl with cold water. Soak them for 20-30 minutes. Then drain the water, and pat them dry with a paper towel or kitchen towel.
Step Two: Season The Potato Wedges
Place the dried potatoes into a medium bowl, and then add your oil, mined garlic, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss well with a pair of tongs until the potatoes are coated.
Step Three: Air Fry the Potatoe Wedges
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F, and then add the potatoes into a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender and golden brown.
Step Four: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and fresh parsley, and sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese!
Add-ins and Substitutions
Potatoe: YOu can use red potatoes, sweet potatoes, or Yukon gold potatoes. Different types of potatoes will require different cooking times.
Seasoning and Spices: Add some red pepper flakes or chili powder for spice or Italian seasoning. With simple seasonings, this can become one of your favorite side dishes!
- Keep your potatoes from running away by placing them flat-side down on the cutting board. Ensure each potato is sliced to the same size for uniform cooking and delicious results!
- Ensure your potatoes are dry before adding oil and seasonings for the best results. To prepare them for their flavorful toppings, give them a quick pat-down with paper towels! Removing excess moisture will give you the best batch of crispy air fryer potato wedges.
- Get your fryer pieces coated with oil for perfectly crunchy and delicious potato wedges. It’s the secret ingredient for giving them that tantalizing texture! A little oil will give you the best homemade potato wedges.
- When frying up golden potatoes, having enough room for hot air to circulate is key. Ensure your basket isn’t overloaded and the wedges have breathing space – an empty spot between each one will do the trick! The amount of potato wedges will depend n the air fryer style that you have.
Which potato is best for potato wedges?
The type of potato you choose can make all the difference in making perfect potato wedges. Look for dense, waxy potatoes like red or Yukon Gold for best results. These potatoes hold their shape during cooking and have a naturally creamy texture that pairs perfectly with crispy fried wedges. You could also try using a Russet potato, but be aware that it will have a drier texture when cooked. Avoid using super starchy potatoes like white potatoes – these potatoes can become mushy when fried. You’re just steps away from achieving perfectly crunchy and delicious potato wedges with the right potato variety.
Why are my air fryer potatoes not crispy?
Using an Idaho potato (or any other starchy variety) will often produce a softer texture and less crispiness. Choose a type of potato low in starch, such as red or yellow potatoes, for the best results.
Another factor is how the potatoes are cut before being air fried. If they are too small, they could dry out and become tough. Make sure to cut your potatoes into 1-inch cubes or larger if possible.
Finally, check your air fryer settings. If the potatoes are cooked at too high of a temperature for too long, they will not become crispy. Lower the heat and lengthen the cooking time slightly to improve texture and crispiness. With some experimentation and practice, you can learn how to make the perfect air fryer potatoes every time!
The cook times will vary based on the air fryer you are using, so open your basket frequently and check on your potatoes.
Potato wedges are an easy and delicious side dish, but deciding what to serve them with can be tricky! One classic pairing is pork chops. The savory flavor of pork complements the potatoes perfectly while adding a hearty, protein-rich meal. For variety, you could also try serving potato wedges with grilled or baked chicken. Both add an additional layer of flavor that brings out the delicate, earthy notes in the wedges. No matter what you choose to pair with your potato wedges, you can be sure it will make for a delicious and satisfying meal!
For an even more indulgent dish, top your potato wedges with sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, or chives. You can also dress your wedges with herbs and spices to create a unique flavor experience. Whether you keep it classic or get creative in the kitchen, you can enjoy potato wedges with various flavors that match your taste and preferences.
Favorite Dipping Sauces
Potato wedges are a classic snack or side dish that is both crispy and flavorful. One of the best ways to enjoy them is by serving them with ranch dipping sauce. Ranch dressing pairs perfectly with potato wedges and provides a creamy, tangy flavor that complements the crunchiness of the potatoes.
Choose your favorite dipping sauce!
How To Store
Let your potato wedges cool to room temperature, then place them into an airtight container. The potato wedges will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. You can reheat the potato wedges in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes. To re-crisp them up, spray them with cooking spray.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANDA EXPRESS ORANGE CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER JALAPENO CHEDDAR QUICKBREAD
- CINNAMON SWEET POTATO FRIES AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER BONE-IN CHICKEN BREAST
- BROCCOLI AND SAUSAGE IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN CAULIFLOWER
- AIR FRYER SWEET CHILI CHICKEN BITES
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE CHEDDAR CHEESE PUFFS
- AIR FRYER STEAKHOUSE POTATOES
- AIR FRYER TGI FRIDAY’S POTATO SKINS RECIPE
All in all, homemade potato wedges are a great choice for any occasion. Not only are they relatively easy to make, but their flavor and texture give your plate that special touch. Forget those deep-fried versions and trust the air fryer. If you’re looking for more flavor, give these parmesan-covered potato wedges a try! They’re sure to surprise both your taste buds and your friends. Make sure to use good-quality oil when cooking them and pay attention to the time they need in the air fryer. Experiment with flavors and temperatures until you find the ideal combination. Who knows? Maybe you’ll develop an award-winning family recipe! Now let’s break out the air fryers, get some potatoes and start prepping for delicious potato wedge perfection!
Remember, if you made these air-fryer potato wedges leave a star rating after you make them!
Air Fryer Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated, grated
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Slice the potatoes into wedges. Place them into a large bowl with cold water. Soak them for 20-30 minutes. Then drain the water, and pat them dry with a paper towel or kitchen towel.
- Place the dried potatoes into a medium bowl, and then add your oil, mined garlic, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss well with a pair of tongs until the potatoes are coated.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F, and then add the potatoes into a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and fresh parsley, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese!
- Air Fryer