Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables — This is one of my favorite meals; cooked to perfection in the air fyrer, this Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables will soon become one of your favorite meals!
Prepare a complete meal with these Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables. They’re gently infused with the flavors of fresh herbs and emerge wonderfully crispy and delectable.
This recipe is an excellent option for a speedy and straightforward weeknight supper if you want a budget-friendly dinner made with your air fyrer.
And a dinner that doesn’t skimp on taste, your search ends here! Plus, you can easily modify this recipe for the Ninja Foodi, Ninja Foodi Grill, or Blackstone Griddle if you don’t own an air fryer.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables
Delight your taste buds with this flavorful and wholesome dish of Chicken Drumsticks with Mixed Vegetables cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
This recipe combines the succulent goodness of chicken drumsticks with a medley of colorful and nutritious vegetables, all seasoned to perfection. It’s a hassle-free and satisfying meal, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Now, let’s gather the ingredients for this delightful creation.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken Drumsticks: These are the dish’s star, providing juicy and flavorful meat.
- Mixed Vegetables: A medley of colorful vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini adds nutrition and variety.
- Olive Oil: A touch of olive oil is used for coating the chicken and vegetables, enhancing their flavor and promoting browning.
- Rosemary: Fresh or dried rosemary adds a delightful herbal aroma and taste to the dish, complementing the chicken and veggies.
- Salt and Pepper: Season with salt and pepper to taste, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Garlic Powder: A hint of garlic powder imparts a savory depth to the dish.
- Paprika: Paprika lends a mild, smoky flavor and a lovely reddish hue to the chicken drumsticks.
- Onion Powder: Onion powder contributes a sweet and savory note, enhancing the overall seasoning.
- Cayenne Pepper (Optional): If you desire some heat, cayenne pepper can be added for a spicy kick.
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional): Grated cheese can be sprinkled on top for extra richness and flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables
Discover how to create a mouthwatering and balanced meal with this easy guide on making Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables. Combining tender chicken drumsticks with a vibrant assortment of veggies, this air fryer recipe promises a quick, wholesome, and flavorful dinner option for busy weeknights. Let’s dive into the delightful world of air-fried goodness!
Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F (190°C) for 3-5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken drumsticks, diced vegetables, olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Toss everything together to ensure the chicken and vegetables are evenly coated with the seasonings and oil.
Place the seasoned chicken drumsticks and vegetables in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not overcrowded. You may need to cook in batches if your air fryer is small.
Cook at 375°F (190°C) for a cook time of 25-30 minutes, turning the drumsticks and stirring the vegetables halfway through the cooking time. This will ensure even cooking and crispy skin on the chicken.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked.
If desired, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the chicken and vegetables during the last few minutes of cooking for added flavor.
Once cooked through and crispy, remove the chicken drumsticks and vegetables from the air fryer. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs if you like.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables!
Pro Tips Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables
Here are some pro tips to ensure your Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks turn out perfectly:
- Pat Dry the Chicken: Before seasoning, pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels. This helps the skin get crispy during air frying.
- Evenly Coat with Seasonings: To ensure every bite is flavorful, evenly coat the chicken with seasonings, herbs, and spices. Toss them together in a bowl to distribute the flavors uniformly.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating your air fryer for a few minutes before cooking helps achieve that crispy exterior. It’s especially important for chicken drumsticks.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: To avoid overcooking or undercooking, invest in a meat thermometer. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basket: For even cooking and proper air circulation, don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Rotate and Flip: Halfway through the cooking time, flip the chicken drumsticks and stir the vegetables. This ensures that both sides cook evenly and develop a nice crispiness.
- Check for Crispy Skin: If you want extra crispy skin, spritz the chicken with some cooking spray before air frying.
- Add Parmesan Cheese at the End: If you’re using Parmesan cheese as a garnish, add it during the last few minutes of cooking to prevent it from burning.
- Experiment with Seasonings: Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and spices to customize the flavor. Lemon zest, thyme, or smoked paprika can be delightful additions.
- Let Them Rest: Allow the cooked drumsticks to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps the juices redistribute, ensuring the meat stays juicy.
With these pro tips, you’ll master the art of making perfectly crispy and flavorful Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with ease.
Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?
While this recipe calls explicitly for chicken drumsticks, you can use boneless chicken thighs or breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as boneless cuts may cook faster.
Can I marinate the chicken beforehand?
Yes, marinating the chicken can add extra flavor. Marinate it in your favorite sauce or seasoning for 30 minutes to an hour before cooking. Just pat it dry before air frying.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer?
Preheating is recommended for better results. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes before adding the chicken and vegetables.
How long does it take to cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer?
Cooking time can vary depending on the size of the drumsticks and the specific air fryer model. Generally, it takes about 25-30 minutes at 375°F (190°C). Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Can I use frozen vegetables for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen vegetables, but they may release more moisture during cooking. To prevent sogginess, you can thaw and pat them dry before air frying or adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make this recipe in the oven?
Absolutely! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake the chicken and vegetables in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 35-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches a safe internal temperature.
How do I know when the chicken is done?
The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
What are some serving suggestions for this dish?
This dish pairs well with a variety of side dishes such as rice, pasta, or a simple salad. You can also drizzle some sauce or gravy over the chicken and vegetables for added flavor.
Can I use skinless chicken drumsticks?
Yes, you can use skinless chicken drumsticks if you prefer a lighter option. However, the skin helps create a crispy texture during air frying.
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftover chicken and vegetables in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or oven for best results.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO SKINS
- AIR FRYER GARLIC ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES
- FROZEN TATER TOTS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER LOADED TATER TOTS
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FRENCH FRIES
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables
- 6-8 chicken legs
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb baby potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs, thyme, basil, oregano
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken drumsticks, diced vegetables, olive oil, salt, dried herbs, coriander, and garlic. Toss everything together to ensure the chicken and vegetables are evenly coated with the seasonings and oil.
- Place the seasoned chicken drumsticks and vegetables in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they are not overcrowded. You may need to cook in batches if your air fryer is small.
- Cook at 375°F (190°C) for about 25-30 minutes, turning the drumsticks and stirring the vegetables halfway through the cooking time. This will ensure even cooking and crispy skin on the chicken.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. It should reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked.
- If desired, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the chicken and vegetables during the last few minutes of cooking for added flavor.
- Once cooked through and crispy, remove the chicken drumsticks and vegetables from the air fryer. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs if you like.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional