This has to be one of the easiest Air Fryer Recipes for a quick snack or appetizer. My kids loved them, so I wanted to share the recipe with you. My version of Air Fryer Loaded Tater Tots.
Both of my kids are now teenagers, and both are over 6 feet, and that means, other than they are tall, they are constantly eating. So, I have always been working on coming up with fast and delicious Air Fryer Snacks for them. This one has to be one of my youngest son’s favorites.
This is a take on a typical Air Fryer Loaded Tater Tots, or Air Fryer Totchos. Who doesn’t love Nachos? This is a quick and easy take on one.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer or Snack Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA, AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS, AIR FRYER BLOOMING ONION and AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK CHICKEN TENDERS.
Air Fryer Loaded Tater Tots
Is there anything better than a plate of Nachos? Decked out in your favorite toppings, whether it be salsa, bacon (oh, air fryer bacon, yummy), diced fresh tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, or anything really.
Today, I used an old trick of smooshing down the tater tots with a drinking glass. Making a nest for all of the goodness. This tater tot becomes the perfect catch-all for all of the toppings.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN LOADED TATER TOTS
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- Bacon Bits
Of course, the toppings are endless, just like in a regular plate of nachos, whether you add guacamole, green onions, hot sauce, ranch dressing, olives, or whatever. Make the creation yours by using your favorites.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER LOADED TATER TOTS APPETIZER
Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray, and then add 3 to 4 frozen tater tots into each muffin tin. Place the muffin tin into the air fryer basket or tray, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5-7 minutes.
When there is a minute left in the cooking time, use a drinking glass and smashed the tater tots.
Then sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, return to the air fryer until the cheese is melted.
Add your toppings, and enjoy!
Some Questions About Making Tater Tots In The Air Fryer
How long do you cook Tater Tots in an air fryer?
Tater tots are so easy to make in the Air Fryer; all you need to do is scatter the tater tots (frozen) into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, setting for 10 to 12 minutes.
If you want them a bit crunchier, spray some cooking spray on top.
Top Tips To Make The Best Air Fryer Potato Tots
- If you want a delicious batch of Air Fryer Tater Tots, add some salt before serving.
- Frozen Tater Tots work best, do not defrost.
- Spray your muffin tin generously with cooking spray, so you can easily remove them after you smoosh them.
- Add as much cheddar cheese as you want.
- Serve with a variety of toppings.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes-
- BLACKSTONE CRAB CAKES
- AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER QUESO (MEXICAN CHEESE DIP)
- BLACKSTONE LOADED GRILLED NACHOS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN PICKLES
- AIR FRYER BREADED EGGPLANT
- 12 to 16 Frozen Tater Tots
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Cilantro
- Bacon Bits
- Other Toppings
- Cookings Spray
- Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray, and then add 3 to 4 frozen tater tots into each muffin tin. Place the muffin tin into the air fryer basket or tray, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5-7 minutes.
- When there is a minute left in the cooking time, use a drinking glass and smashed the tater tots.
- Then sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, return to the air fryer until the cheese is melted.
- Add your toppings,
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g