Who doesn’t love buffalo chicken? The spicy, creamy sauce is the perfect complement to crispy chicken drumsticks. And you can make them in your air fryer, so they’re always perfectly cooked. Here’s how to make air fryer buffalo chicken drumsticks. Enjoy!
Looking for a delicious and perfect meal? Look no further than these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Legs! This is a quick recipe, and it’s so good. You can also use chicken thighs or whole wings for this recipe! I mean, who doesn’t love Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken?
Tender, juicy chicken drumsticks coated in a spicy buffalo sauce and then air fried until crispy. This is an excellent alternative to air fryer buffalo chicken wings! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a spicy sauce, and you’ve got a meal the whole family will love!
Why Make Buffalo Chicken Legs Air Fryer
If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken, then you’re going to love this easy air fryer recipe. You can make crispy Buffalo chicken legs in just minutes, and they’re perfect for game day or a quick weeknight meal. Plus, they’re a lot healthier than traditional deep-fried chicken. So give this recipe a try today and see how delicious air-fried buffalo chicken can be!
The Best Buffalo Chicken Drumstick Air Fryer Recipes
Cooking chicken in an air fryer is a healthier alternative to traditional frying. So if you’re looking for recipes that will make your taste buds happy, look no further! These buffalo chicken drumstick air fryer recipes are sure to please. So fire up your air fryer and get cooking!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Are you looking for an appetizer or main course that will wow your guests? Then you need to try these air fryer chicken drumsticks! They are delicious and easy to make.
Plus, they are a healthy alternative to air fryer buffalo wings. And they are so much healthier than deep frying! Keep reading for the ingredients you will need to make this dish.
For the full recipe and step-by-step directions, scroll to the bottom for the full ingredients list in the printable recipe card below, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken Drumsticks: Use fresh, thawed, or frozen. Although the frozen chicken drumsticks will take longer to cook, the recipe will remain the same.
- Butter: You can also use ghee, but I used unsalted butter.
- Buffalo Sauce: Use your favorite Buffalo sauce. I used RedHot Original Sauce for this recipe. But you can use your favorite buffalo sauce.
How Do You Cook Buffalo Drumsticks In An Air Fryer
Step One: Add your chicken drumsticks to a large Ziploc bag or into a large bowl, and pour the sauce over the drumstick, pour the melted butter into the bag. Let the chicken drumsticks marinate for about an hour.
Step Two: Place chicken legs into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook for 15 minutes. Then flip the drumsticks, and set the cooking time to 5 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Buffalo Drumsticks
Looking for an easy and delicious way to enjoy chicken drumsticks? Give air fryer Buffalo chicken drumsticks a try! This recipe is simple to follow and results in juicy, crispy chicken that is coated in a spicy Buffalo sauce. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and celery sticks for a perfect appetizer or main dish.
- Skin: You can either leave the skin on or remove the skin. Either way, the recipe will work! I love the crispy chicken skin that these cooking methods give you! It’s really a taste preference!
- Flipping: Depending on the air fryer you are using, you may need to flip the chicken legs halfway through the cooking process. This way, both sides get perfectly cooked.
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket. Leave plenty of space around the chicken legs to help them cook up to perfection! You want your chicken in a single layer, so the hot air can easily circulate around the chicken.
- Seasonings and Spices: Add garlic powder, onion powder, or a dry rub.
- Dry Your Chicken: Use a paper towel to dry the chicken legs to get rid of the excess moisture, which will give you crispy skin on the chicken.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, I highly recommend that you use a meat thermometer to check on the internal temperature of your chicken. It is the only true way that you will know when your chicken is fully cooked!
- What Air Fryer Can You Use In this Recipe: Use your favorite trusty air fryer. I have prepared this recipe with the Instant Pot Vortex, Power Air Fryer XL, Cosori, and even Ninja Foodi. The recipe will work the same. The size of your air fryer will determine how many chicken drumsticks you can cook at one time!
Frequently Asked Questions
What sauce should you use?
There are so many. Today, I used the most famous, frank’s red hot sauce, but you can change your buffalo sauce to any of your favorites. If you are following a keto or low carb friendly recipe, use Noble Made Hot Buffalo Sauce. If you want a gluten-free chicken recipe, use Yo Mama’s Original Buffalo Sauce.
Whatever buffalo sauce you want to use, you can even use your own buffalo sauce. Make sure you love it, as it’s the predominant flavor of the chicken!
How long to cook chicken legs in air fryer
The average time to cook these chicken legs is about 30 to 35 minutes when cooked at 400 degrees F.
But remember, Since every air fryer is slightly different, I highly recommend that you use a meat thermometer to check on the internal temperature of your chicken. It is the only true way that you will know when your chicken is fully cooked!
Reheat chicken legs in the air fryer
If you’ve got some leftover chicken legs, the best way to reheat them is in the air fryer. Air frying them will give them a crispy outside and keep them juicy inside. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to do! Here’s how to reheat chicken legs in an air fryer.
- Place the chicken legs into the air yer basket.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F using the air fryer setting.
- If you have additional Buffalo sauce, brush it onto the chicken legs.
- Heat until the chicken legs are warmed through, about 3-4 minutes.
Marinade for chicken legs
Do you love chicken legs? I know I do! They are so juicy and tender. But how do you make them taste even better? By marinating them in a delicious and tangy sauce, of course!
Some of my favorites are:
How to cook frozen chicken legs in the air fryer
The air fryer is a great option if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook chicken legs. In just a few minutes, your chicken will be crispy. Follow these simple steps to make delicious chicken legs in the air fryer.
- Add the frozen chicken drumsticks to the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 360 degrees F using the air fryer setting.
- Cook for 30 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
Sides For Air Fryer Chicken Legs
If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to cook chicken legs, look no further than the air fryer. This appliance can give your chicken legs a crispy outer crust while keeping them juicy and tender inside. But what sides should you serve with them? Check out these delicious air fryer side options!
- Air Fryer Macaroni and Cheese
- AIR FRYER PARSNIP FRIES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN CARROTS
- Garden Salad
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Carrot Sticks
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
If you love your air fryer, you’re going to want to check out these amazing chicken recipes. From crispy tenders to tender thighs, there’s something for everyone here. So get your air fryer ready, and let’s get cooking!
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT BUFFALO WILD WINGS BUFFALO WINGS
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN FAJITA BURRITOS
- AIR FRYER CHINESE CHICKEN FINGERS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to buffalo chicken wings? If so, you'll love these air fryer buffalo chicken drumsticks! They are easy to make and taste amazing. Plus, they are a lot healthier than traditional buffalo chicken wings. So give them a try today! You won't be disappointed.
- 1 pound chicken legs
- 16 ounces buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
Add your chicken drumsticks to a large Ziploc bag, and pour the sauce over the drumstick, pour the melted butter into the bag. Let the chicken drumsticks marinade for about an hour.
Place the drumsticks into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook for 15 minutes. Then flip the drumsticks, and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Leave a Reply