Air Fryer Lemon Chicken — If you’re looking for an incredibly easy and delicious weeknight meal, this Air Fryer Lemon Chicken is a must-try! This dish combines tender chicken thighs with zesty lemon flavors that please any palate.
Plus, it’s ready in 20 minutes or less – which makes it perfect for busy nights when time is of the essence. Best of all, everything is made in your air fryer, so clean-up is a breeze! So ditch the usual takeout routine and whip up this quick and tasty dinner; you won’t be disappointed.
Easy Air Fryer Lemon Chicken Recipe
Are you craving a mouthwatering and hassle-free chicken dish that bursts with zesty flavors? Look no further than this Easy Air Fryer Lemon Chicken Recipe! With minimal preparation and a handful of ingredients, you can enjoy tender and succulent chicken infused with the tangy essence of fresh lemons.
The air fryer works magic, creating a perfectly crispy exterior while locking in all the delicious juices. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or a weekend feast, this lemon chicken recipe will surely be a crowd-pleaser. Let’s dive into the simple steps to whip up this delightful dish that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Chicken
Air-fried lemon chicken can be a delicious, flavourful dish to prepare for dinner or as a snack. If you have an air fryer in your kitchen and are curious about what ingredients you’ll need to make lemon chicken for yourself or your family, this blog post will give you the recipe and the essential steps necessary for success.
Using only a few simple ingredients, such as garlic powder, olive oil, and some white wine vinegar, to provide extra flavor, this easy-to-follow recipe will quickly become one of your favorite favorites!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
Chicken and Marinade:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Make sure they are about the same size and thickness for even cooking.
- Fresh Lemons: You will need the juice from one lemon for the marinade and the second lemon sliced for cooking and garnish.
- Olive oil: Provides moisture and helps the chicken stay tender.
- Garlic cloves, minced: Adds a delightful savory flavor to the marinade.
- Dried oregano: Gives a herbal aroma and taste to the chicken.
- Dried thyme: Enhances the overall flavor profile.
- Kosher Salt and Black pepper: Season the marinade to your preference.
Fresh parsley, chopped: Adds a pop of color and freshness to the finished dish.
How To Make Lemon Chicken In Air Fryer
Are you looking to make a delicious and simple weeknight dinner? Air Frying is the perfect way to achieve just that. Not only does it create healthier dishes with less fat, but it also helps cut down on cooking time!
Today, I will show you how easy it is to make a scrumptious lemon-herb chicken in your air fryer. This dish is flavorful with aromatic herbs and subtle zesty notes from the lemons – absolutely mouth-watering. Despite its deliciousness, this dish isn’t difficult or time-consuming – all the ingredients come together quickly for an incredibly tasty meal your whole family will love! So, grab whatever ingredients you need, and let’s get started!
Prepare the Marinade:
In a small bowl, combine the juice from one lemon, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
Marinate the Chicken:
Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring each piece is evenly coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (or longer if you have time) to allow the flavors to infuse into the chicken.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
Arrange the Chicken in the Air Fryer:
Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving some space between each piece for even cooking.
Add Lemon Slices:
Cut the second lemon into thin slices.
Place a few lemon slices on each chicken breast to add extra citrus flavor.
Air Fry the Chicken:
Slide the air fryer basket back into the air fryer and cook the chicken at 370 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
Rest and Garnish:
Once cooked, carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and let the chicken rest for a few minutes.
Garnish the lemon chicken with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and added freshness.
Serve and Enjoy:
Serve the Air Fryer Lemon Chicken with your favorite sides, such as rice, roasted vegetables, or a fresh salad. Squeeze some extra lemon juice on top, if desired, for an extra zesty kick.
Enjoy your delicious Air Fryer Lemon Chicken that’s tender, flavorful, and perfectly cooked! It’s a simple and healthy meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
Pro Tips For The Best Air-Fried Lemon Chicken
Here are some pro tips to take your Air Fryer Lemon Chicken to the next level:
- Thinner Chicken Breasts: If possible, try to use evenly thin chicken breasts. If they are too thick, consider butterflying or pounding them slightly to ensure they cook evenly and don’t dry out.
- Marinating Time: While 15 minutes is sufficient for the marinade to infuse some flavor, marinate the chicken for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator for even more taste. This will enhance the flavors and make the chicken even juicier.
- Lemon Zest: Before juicing the lemons, zest them to add an extra punch of citrus flavor to the marinade. Lemon zest contains aromatic oils that intensify the lemony taste.
- Preheating the Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer before cooking. Preheating ensures even cooking and gives the chicken a crispy exterior.
- Even Airflow: Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring enough space between each piece. This allows for proper air circulation and even cooking.
- Avoid Overcrowding: If you’re cooking more chicken breasts than can fit in a single layer, cook them in batches. Overcrowding the air fryer can lead to uneven cooking and may result in less crispy chicken.
- Checking Doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. The safe internal temperature for chicken breasts is 165°F (74°C).
- Customize Seasonings: Feel free to experiment with additional seasonings and spices in the marinade. For example, you can add a pinch of chili flakes for a hint of heat or some smoked paprika for a smoky flavor.
- Serve with Dipping Sauce: Prepare a tasty dipping sauce like a lemon herb yogurt sauce, honey mustard, or garlic aioli to accompany the chicken. It adds an extra layer of flavor and makes the meal even more enjoyable.
- Resting Period: Allow the cooked chicken to rest for a couple of minutes before serving. This helps retain its juiciness and allows the flavors to meld together.
With these pro tips, your Air Fryer Lemon Chicken will be a hit with family and friends. Enjoy the delightful flavors and the ease of cooking with your air fryer!
FAQs About Making Lemon Chicken In Air Fryer
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Absolutely! In this recipe, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken thighs may take a little longer to cook through than chicken breasts.
Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried ones?
Yes, you can use fresh herbs in the marinade for a more vibrant and aromatic flavor. As a general rule, you’ll need to use three times more fresh herbs than dried herbs. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, use 3 teaspoons of fresh oregano.
How do I prevent the chicken from sticking to the air fryer basket?
To prevent sticking, lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or oil before placing the chicken. This will help the chicken release easily after cooking.
Can I add vegetables to the air fryer with the chicken?
Absolutely! Adding vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or cherry tomatoes to the air fryer with the chicken is a great way to create a complete meal. Remember that different vegetables may have different cooking times, so adjust accordingly or pre-cook them slightly before adding them to the air fryer.
Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?
It’s not recommended to use frozen chicken directly in the air fryer for this recipe. Thaw the chicken completely in the refrigerator before marinating and cooking. Using frozen chicken can result in uneven cooking and may impact the texture and taste of the chicken.
How do I make the chicken extra crispy?
For extra crispy chicken, dip the marinated chicken in a beaten egg and then coat it with breadcrumbs or panko before air frying. This will give the chicken a crunchy exterior while keeping it tender.
Can I make this lemon chicken in advance?
While the chicken is best enjoyed fresh, you can marinate it in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook. For the best texture and flavor, cooking the chicken just before serving is recommended.
What can I serve with Air Fryer Lemon Chicken?
Air Fryer Lemon Chicken pairs well with various side dishes such as rice, quinoa, roasted vegetables, or a fresh garden salad. You can also serve it with lemon wedges for an extra citrus flavor.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- EASY AIR FRYER EVERYTHING BAGELS
- AIR FRYER FRENCH TOAST STICKS
- EASY AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLLS
- AIR FRYER MINI CHEESE FRITTATAS
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES
Air Fryer Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- teaspoon Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine the juice from one lemon, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (or longer if you have time) to allow the flavors to infuse into the chicken.
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade, shaking off any excess.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer, leaving some space between each piece for even cooking.
- Cut the second lemon into thin slices.
- Place a few lemon slices on top of each chicken breast to add extra citrus flavor.
- Slide the air fryer basket back into the air fryer and cook the chicken at 370°F for 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and let the chicken rest for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish the lemon chicken with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and added freshness.
- Serve the Air Fryer Lemon Chicken with your favorite sides, such as rice, roasted vegetables, or a fresh salad.
- Squeeze some extra lemon juice on top, if desired, for an extra zesty kick.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional